Kimber & The Expendables - 6speedonline.com Forums

Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > The 6Speed Lifestyle > The Gun Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Gun Forum The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum. Sale of Firearms is prohibited on 6 speed.

Kimber & The Expendables

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:30 PM

ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Kimber & The Expendables

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...clusives_title

04 986 Arctic Silver
Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 AM

ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Good looking pistol.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 AM

5FingerDeath is on a distinguished road
Action movies were cool when I was about ten years old...I have no patience for them these days, however, the gunplay in The Expendables looks decent. Anyone see it yet?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM

unvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond reputeunvmy996 has a reputation beyond repute
gotta love the kimbers.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:57 PM

cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
I saw the movies....sad t say it was horrible.

Sure some blow everything shooting kind of scenes, everything else from the dialog to the script sucked
Old 08-18-2010, 07:37 PM

jackolo is on a distinguished road
I thought it was friggin hil arious. I basically grew up watching Commando and Rambo though. If you just want to have a laugh and get back to basics and see some shoot'em type flick, I think it was done well. The movie was almost an Ode to better times when action stars ruled the screen. I'd watch it again. From the ludicrous AA-12 to the rapid fire 1911s, I had a good time. Don't ask me about character development, dialogue or story though. Really... you shouldn't be expecting any of it.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:20 PM

ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FingerDeath View Post
Action movies were cool when I was about ten years old...I have no patience for them these days, however, the gunplay in The Expendables looks decent. Anyone see it yet?
If you are a guy, and like the old action movies of the 80's-'90's you'll love the movie. If you are a gay or woman you may not appreciate it so much, it's not the Notebook nor does it pretend to be.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
If you are a guy, and like the old action movies of the 80's-'90's you'll love the movie. If you are a gay or woman you may not appreciate it so much, it's not the Notebook nor does it pretend to be.

agreed not for teh gheys or ladies, men will love it
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 AM

sechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud of
in order to fire those that fast, they were either the blanks the article talked about, or the lightest load .45 known to man.
10Ferrari 599 GTB HGTE
Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 AM

ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
^Not true. I've seen an instructor shoot that fast at a course.

That and check out some Todd Jarrett videos... :-)

04 986 Arctic Silver
Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 AM

cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
I grew up watching Rambo, Delta Force, etc etc. I agree the plane was sick....I was expecting more, a lot more from so many action stars.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 AM

sechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud ofsechsgang has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam View Post
^Not true. I've seen an instructor shoot that fast at a course.

That and check out some Todd Jarrett videos... :-)
ya, willing to take a bet that for any of those shots to be precision, they were absolutely light loads. All the comp guys either load their own ammo or use special stuff. Im not new to 1911s, and while Im not stallone with muscle, im not too shabby. If you watched closely, the muzzle barely lifts at all...I can rapid fire, but you better believe that even with a highly tuned grip, the gun jumps up more than what was shown while he was using ONE hand...
10Ferrari 599 GTB HGTE
Old 08-21-2010, 09:05 AM

Martinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond reputeMartinsvi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
ya, willing to take a bet that for any of those shots to be precision, they were absolutely light loads. All the comp guys either load their own ammo or use special stuff. Im not new to 1911s, and while Im not stallone with muscle, im not too shabby. If you watched closely, the muzzle barely lifts at all...I can rapid fire, but you better believe that even with a highly tuned grip, the gun jumps up more than what was shown while he was using ONE hand...
I will tell you with certainty that when we load our ammo for competition it is for 2 reasons, to make the power factor that is required and to be more consistent than off the shelf ammo.
I have shot with Todd and if you shoot his ammo compared to factory it will surprise you that it isnt really any lighter, it is his technique and his grip that makes the difference. That and he shoots 1000 rounds / week. I havent seen the movie yet but top end shooters can control these guns with full power ammo much bette than 1 would think. We also dont spring our guns like factory. In my 1911 guns I never run more than a 10lb recoil spring and most of them run 8lb. I run a 17 ib mainspring where factory is closer to 22lb. We also do other things that change the recoilof the gun by radiusing the FP stop, we pin the grip safety which allows us to maintain a higher grip and we alter the grip with different abrasives. We also run much lighter triggers..in the 1.5lb range. This allows us to control and fire the guns much faster and with more control.
Many of us in practice run a routine called a Bill Drill, it is 10yds from a draw 6 rounds in the A=zone of an ipsc target in under 2 seconds. Now if you figure a really good draw is.9 seconds then that leaves you 1.1 seconds or less for 6 measured shots and you arent going to do that if the gun isnt being controlled. This drill and time is what is considered achievable by a master class shooter on demand. I am not a master class shooter and cannot consistently achieve this yet,
In the world of ipsc the ammo used is just as pwerful for the most part as what is available commercially..that was what the rules makers intent was, and we have power factors and scoring based on power actors thanks to Jeff Cooper because he didnt want it turning into another 22 rimfire event. The minimum power factor is 125 which is easily made by 9mm of the shelf ammo but for higheer scoring you must use ammo with a power factor of 165 which is what most 40 and 45 ammo make with room to spare.
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr.. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:15 AM

Tim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond reputeTim941NYC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
Most of the guys I shoot with use the same amount of powder in their 45 reloads as their 9mm reloads, I tried them but spring in my 1911 is a 19lbs extra power and did not cycle! I do not reload so I can not tell you the amount of powder but they all run the same its no secret... unlike all the latest mods on your car

Tim
Old 08-28-2010, 05:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7J6e96SuNs

why dont you guys check this clip out, and tell me that recoils more than a .22... That...is...not...going...to...happen...

btw, its also a 10 round mag...what single stack 1911 has 10 (or 10+1) round cap? I can tell you it isnt a .45...that must either be a .38 super or...a 9mm...

And again, Im not saying you couldnt fire the gun that quickly, but getting rounds on target as "far" away as he is shooting with one hand is pretty up there...the 6 shooter scene though is pretty sweet.
10Ferrari 599 GTB HGTE

Last edited by sechsgang; 08-28-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:31 AM

Tags
1911, 45, ammo, custom, expandables, expendables, fast, grips, kimber, kimbers, kind, made, pistols, stallone, tuned