Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Ski box on LP-640 (mounting ideas?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 PM
olsson99 is on a distinguished road
Smile Ski box on LP-640 (mounting ideas?)

Hi,

As stated abouve I have some stupied ideas.

I am putting a skibox on an LP-640, but I have not figured out exactly how I will go about doing this.
I previously had a Galardo that I did the same on,

[media]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/3107720443_7d882d19ab.jpg[/media]

but that was easy as we just fitted regular roof rack on it, but it seems to me that will not work on the 640.
My idea is to use a magnet on the top (right on the roof),same as you get on rental cars when you ask for a ski rack. as I am not stupid enough to drill in the roof
And on the back, attach it to one of the plates on the hood (just behind the actual hood)

[media]http://image.motortrend.com/f/9223757/112_0710_20z+2007_lamborghini_murcielago_lp640+top _view.jpg[/media]

The cars is now on its way to the shop (just bought it) so we had not had a chance to look into this, so I thought I would get a head start and see if anyone had some good ideas here.

I am basically wondering if anyone has any good ideas on where I can attach the custom made roof rack in the back of the car. My ideas from just looking at pictures would be above explained way, any other ideas would be well appreciated.

Anyone knows how stabile these "plates" are or if there is anything underneath that could support the "legs" for the roof rack. (think two "wing legs" looking supports with a rack on the top between them) By using these plates I am thinking that I could fairly easy replace them wth new ones, once it turns summer and I can take the ski box of.

This might seem like a really retarded idea and I know it is, but I work as a professional skier and the only chance for me to get to drive my new baby is to make sure I can bring my skis along.

Also, while I am at it, is there a way to lock the airscoops in the open position?

Thanks in advance!

Jon Olsson

Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
beemer freak is on a distinguished road
you should mount a ski on each side vent so it'll look like you have some missiles mounted to the car(jk). but this would most likely be the best option(s) i think the green area would be ideal...hopefully your skis arent too wide for that area

Old 03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
absolutely i love everything about it.

I know the wings can be fixed open, it involves some procedure with turning the key a few times and hitting a button.. not too complicated but i dont remember off-hand.

good luck!!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:11 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by olsson99
Hi,

As stated abouve I have some stupied ideas.

I am putting a skibox on an LP-640, but I have not figured out exactly how I will go about doing this.
I previously had a Galardo that I did the same on,

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/...7d882d19ab.jpg

but that was easy as we just fitted regular roof rack on it, but it seems to me that will not work on the 640.
My idea is to use a magnet on the top (right on the roof),same as you get on rental cars when you ask for a ski rack. as I am not stupid enough to drill in the roof
And on the back, attach it to one of the plates on the hood (just behind the actual hood)

http://image.motortrend.com/f/922375...0+top_view.jpg

The cars is now on its way to the shop (just bought it) so we had not had a chance to look into this, so I thought I would get a head start and see if anyone had some good ideas here.

I am basically wondering if anyone has any good ideas on where I can attach the custom made roof rack in the back of the car. My ideas from just looking at pictures would be above explained way, any other ideas would be well appreciated.

Anyone knows how stabile these "plates" are or if there is anything underneath that could support the "legs" for the roof rack. (think two "wing legs" looking supports with a rack on the top between them) By using these plates I am thinking that I could fairly easy replace them wth new ones, once it turns summer and I can take the ski box of.

This might seem like a really retarded idea and I know it is, but I work as a professional skier and the only chance for me to get to drive my new baby is to make sure I can bring my skis along.

Also, while I am at it, is there a way to lock the airscoops in the open position?

Thanks in advance!

Jon Olsson
Airscoops in open position all the time = just as ghey as putting a sock in your pants
Driver bara Jon, kul att se dig online, om de inte kan hjälpa dig här prova på teamspeed.com eller lambo-power.com

Old 03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
enzowned is on a distinguished road
NO WAY! Are you really Jon Olsson? You are amazing man. Good luck with the mount

Old 03-05-2009, 08:10 PM
nevert00fast will become famous soon enoughnevert00fast will become famous soon enough
You're really Jon Olsson? When I was watching the Xgames they were saying that you are gonna get another lambo for yourself if you won.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
The magnets might be a good idea, but you also might get some scratching on your paint from that. I would also look into something with suction cups, might be easier on your paint however I would not use them if the shell of the area that you are looking to place it looks thin. As for exactly where to attach it I am unsure, I would be hesitant to put it right over the engine because there is a fair amount of heat comming off of it, and I do not know how it would affect something like suction cup's rubber or power if expose to it. Hope it helps.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:55 AM
canada is on a distinguished road
jon,
buy a big american lifted truck like simon and support the american economy......

save the lambo for monaco

Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 AM
DoctaM3 has a spectacular aura aboutDoctaM3 has a spectacular aura about
One word... SOUNDS like you are looking for SIDEWINDER missles!! hahahhahaaha

Deadly!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:00 AM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
Hey Jon, you are a great rider mate, congrats..

Deffinetly go for the sidewinder idea haha would be very unique..

Otherwise, suction caps would be better than magnets for sure, stronger and better for the paint.
And there would have to be a fairly easy way to alter the way and when the vents open.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
olsson99 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input.

Did think of the sidemissile thing, but I had a hard time getting it to work in my head without some seriously stupied moves...

Plus the fact that I plan to really use the car in the mountains and could use the package space that a Packline ski box offers....

However I do think we came up with a great solution, think it will work great, will make sure to post a picture on the car next friday when the winter kit is compleated!

Think it will up the old verison! haha

Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
P.S... always loved the paint job on the JOSS Lambo

Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by olsson99
Thanks for the input.

Did think of the sidemissile thing, but I had a hard time getting it to work in my head without some seriously stupied moves...

Plus the fact that I plan to really use the car in the mountains and could use the package space that a Packline ski box offers....

However I do think we came up with a great solution, think it will work great, will make sure to post a picture on the car next friday when the winter kit is compleated!

Think it will up the old verison! haha

Awesome, can't wait to see the outcome. I am kinda curious to see how the solution came out.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
You're my idol. Best idea ever! Just put clear vinyl down over the paint, and go with the magnet.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Falken is on a distinguished road
Good luck! cant wait to see picks, i like nothing better than a super car getting used.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ski box on LP-640 (mounting ideas?)