Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

seat rails for a lamborhini gallardo? I am too tall to fit !

Old 02-22-2010, 02:20 PM
talldutchie is on a distinguished road
seat rails for a lamborhini gallardo? I am too tall to fit !

hello,

I have been reading these forums for a while as well as another site (luxury4play) and have been admiring the awesome cars on this website for a while now. I am in the market for a new car and have narrowed my choices down to the f430 and lp560 as they are both in the same price range in Montreal. I am leaning more towards the Lamborghini, however I sat in one at the dealer and at 6 foot 5, I am too tall to sit in it. I have to bend my neck slightly for, and only need an extra inch to fit properly. Now, I am hoping that there can be a solution to this like new seat rails which lower the seat, I know getting an aftermarket seat would work, but I really want to keep the stock seats in the car. Has anybody on here changed the seat rails, or is there a tall guy like me that has found a different solution to this? I would love to hear your input.

Thanks in advance,

Talldutchie

Old 02-23-2010, 06:27 AM
talldutchie is on a distinguished road
quite a few views, but no reply? have to be be some tall guys driving this exotic somewhere on this forum...

Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 AM
gbaker is on a distinguished road
This company will make them for you if you can send them one to get the measurements off of. I found one company for a friend a while ago that made seat rails. I will see if i can find it again.

http://www.wedgeengineering.net/

Old 02-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Sandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really nice
I am your same height and had the same problems when I sat in one. The dealer said they have had customers with the same issue. They said they can remove the rails all together, and/or you can have some foam removed from the seat.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:06 AM
wicked 7 is on a distinguished road
I am 6' 5" (about 200 lbs.) and I have the 07 Gallardo. Your fit really depends on your build because I am able to move my seat slightly forward which allows me to recline the seat back enough for me to fit without my head touching the headliner. Just my .02.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
I am 6'5" and fit decently in our Gallardo. Jeremy Clarkson is our height and he is know for saying, "I can fit in anything that I want to." I tend to be on the same page. I can drive Exiges, S2000's, and old Ferraris if I need to but they are not terribly comfortable. Getting into any small car is a disorienting experience, particularly if you drive to the dealership in a Mercedes or some other big car that you are comfortable in. You have to change your mindset with respect to what kind of room you need. You may find that the second one you sit in is more comfortable and feels larger, the third even better, and so on.

If you remove the seat rails you may find the ride quality to suffer fairly significantly. You could switch out the seats to a lower profile racing style seat. The prettiest ones that I have seen are from Tecno Craft. They are expensive and I have not sat in them but I am told that they offer 1-2 extra inches of headroom.

Another alternative is to have the seats removed and have the foam padding replaced with something thinner and denser. Most upholstery/restoration shops should be able to help you with this.

For reference. I weigh about 190# and am more torso than legs (35" inseam).

Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 PM
gbaker is on a distinguished road
It was tecnocraft that I found that had aftermarket seat rails. You could go with those rails and aftermarket seat and have it reupholstered to look more like a GTR seat.

http://www.tecnocraft.com/Lamborghin...are-P14C3.aspx

Originally Posted by MrEdS4
I am 6'5" and fit decently in our Gallardo. Jeremy Clarkson is our height and he is know for saying, "I can fit in anything that I want to." I tend to be on the same page. I can drive Exiges, S2000's, and old Ferraris if I need to but they are not terribly comfortable. Getting into any small car is a disorienting experience, particularly if you drive to the dealership in a Mercedes or some other big car that you are comfortable in. You have to change your mindset with respect to what kind of room you need. You may find that the second one you sit in is more comfortable and feels larger, the third even better, and so on.

If you remove the seat rails you may find the ride quality to suffer fairly significantly. You could switch out the seats to a lower profile racing style seat. The prettiest ones that I have seen are from Tecno Craft. They are expensive and I have not sat in them but I am told that they offer 1-2 extra inches of headroom.

Another alternative is to have the seats removed and have the foam padding replaced with something thinner and denser. Most upholstery/restoration shops should be able to help you with this.

For reference. I weigh about 190# and am more torso than legs (35" inseam).