Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

2007 Gallardo egear or 6speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:17 PM
dsi
dsi is on a distinguished road
2007 Gallardo egear or 6speed

Hi new to the forum, just worked out some final numbers on a 07 egear with 920 miles on the car. I never had an egear car, I have a tiptronic on my cayanne turbo and really dont care for it.

Question? I have read that the 04-05 egear cars have had some problems, has the 07's been corrected? For those of you that have egear cars, are you happy with them or would you recommned 6 speed? Help, responses well appreciated

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-29-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: not enough posts
Old 05-29-2010, 09:19 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Love my egear, I test drove both and there is not a comparison.
R

Old 05-29-2010, 09:19 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Contact Raj at Lambo of Houston and he will give you the scoop.
R

Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM
dsi
dsi is on a distinguished road
thank you

Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 AM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dsi
Hi new to the forum, just worked out some final numbers on a 07 egear with 920 miles on the car. I never had an egear car, I have a tiptronic on my cayanne turbo and really dont care for it.

Question? I have read that the 04-05 egear cars have had some problems, has the 07's been corrected? For those of you that have egear cars, are you happy with them or would you recommned 6 speed? Help, responses well appreciated
E gear on the Lamborghinis (it blips the throttle when you down shift which makes you feel like a pro) are completely different animal from the tiptronic on the Porsche Cayenne Turbo (boring, I never use the tiptronic on my Cayenne Turbo unless you are trying to jump the light with ESP off and it is so annoying to accidentally hit those buttons on the steering wheel when making turns). If you want to TT your gallardo then go with a 6speed manual (more reliable not necessary faster) but you can't beat the convenience of E gear when encounter the traffic jam in Manhattan. Although the E gear in the Superleggera could be a bit jerky in slow traffic and that is when you burn your clutch the most. Good luck with your hunt and be sure to share pictures of your beast.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Contact Raj at Lambo of Houston and he will give you the scoop.
R
Rob,

You have a lambo? Very nice! Can I get a ride?

Edwin

Old 05-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Anytime you would like Edwin, did you sell your P car?
R

Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Bring it out to cars and Coffee next Sat., or Urban Speed the following Sunday.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Okay

Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Anytime you would like Edwin, did you sell your P car?
R
Robert, thanks I might take you up on your offer. I did sell the car and it will be on it's way to switzerland soon

Edwin

Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Sandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really nice
Originally Posted by SuperleggeraGT3
E gear on the Lamborghinis (it blips the throttle when you down shift which makes you feel like a pro) are completely different animal from the tiptronic on the Porsche Cayenne Turbo (boring, I never use the tiptronic on my Cayenne Turbo unless you are trying to jump the light with ESP off and it is so annoying to accidentally hit those buttons on the steering wheel when making turns). If you want to TT your gallardo then go with a 6speed manual (more reliable not necessary faster) but you can't beat the convenience of E gear when encounter the traffic jam in Manhattan. Although the E gear in the Superleggera could be a bit jerky in slow traffic and that is when you burn your clutch the most. Good luck with your hunt and be sure to share pictures of your beast.
Why do you recommend the 6 speed for the TT route?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:06 AM
gsmokez is on a distinguished road
I am NOT an owner but have been doing my research and from what I have read if you are worried about maintenance go with the 6 speed REAL manual transmission. Although I also read that by 07 there were much better clutches put into the Gallardos but they still remain to be more problematic than a manual.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:33 AM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crna
Why do you recommend the 6 speed for the TT route?
But you can't beat the Egear when you are on the track!