Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

2007 egear durability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 PM
dsi
dsi is on a distinguished road
2007 egear durability

I am very close to purchasing a 2007 gallardo egear, with under 1k miles. This will be my first lambo and I have always wanted a lambo. Im trying to do a little homework before buying this car, so I have been following the forums and spoke to a couple of Lambo owners here in NY and based on the info that I have gathered, It seems like if you drive the car hard, the clutch goes easy and things tend to break, is this true? I hope not....
I just sold a sc viper with 730 hp, which I always drove very hard, from a dead stop, downshift etc & nothing ever breaks. I also have an SL 55 which although its an automatic I tend to drive that car hard as well. Will the gallardo hold up? Is a 6 speed better? Help responses appreciate

Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 AM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dsi
I am very close to purchasing a 2007 gallardo egear, with under 1k miles. This will be my first lambo and I have always wanted a lambo. Im trying to do a little homework before buying this car, so I have been following the forums and spoke to a couple of Lambo owners here in NY and based on the info that I have gathered, It seems like if you drive the car hard, the clutch goes easy and things tend to break, is this true? I hope not....
I just sold a sc viper with 730 hp, which I always drove very hard, from a dead stop, downshift etc & nothing ever breaks. I also have an SL 55 which although its an automatic I tend to drive that car hard as well. Will the gallardo hold up? Is a 6 speed better? Help responses appreciate
I was told by the Lamborghini factory to engage the sport button at all time so it makes your Egear shifts faster which is the same idea as a manual shifting car (fast in and fast out to avoid clutch wear). You must take your car to Watkins Glen international raceway or Monticello to fully understand what these beast were built for. Good luck with your decision.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:26 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
i purchased an 06 last october with 3k miles on it... i did a ton of research and in 06 lamborghini updated the clutch and gearing ... i have put 7k mile on the car so far and have not had one hiccup... the egear does require some maintainence like topping off the egear fluid... it was around 50ml low at 6k miles and changing the tranny lube at 4k miles(factory recommended at 1500 miles then a 7k) the LSD started to chatter going around corners.... i did these myself and i would rate them both easy to do... i also cleaned the throttle bodies and re-adapted them (the only reason i had to do this because i did not follow the proper procedure for topping off the oil and i put to much in which caused a little oil residue to travel up the crank case breather on the drivers side)

tim