Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

One of my closest friends has Pancreatic cancer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Liberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond repute
One of my closest friends has Pancreatic cancer...

and he's a HUGE car nut like me (I'm an M3 owner). He loves the Ferrari 360 and 430....and the Lambo Murci. I've been trying to figure out a way to get him a ride in one. He's currently in the Joseph Richey Hospice center in Baltimore and I wanted to surprise him with a Ferrari but the rental prices are pretty darn expensive.

So, I thought a long shot might be to put a post on here and see if there was anyone that would be willing to try and make this happen. I can't tell you how much it would mean to him and me to see that smile on his face when we roll him out the building and he sees the car.

He's only 36 years old and this f#%king cancer has tore through him in only 4 months.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone in the Baltimore/Washington area would be interested....and if so you can call me at 410.365.2767.

Thanks and well wishes to you all!

Jason

Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for what your doing, it's great, sorry I can't help from Florida, I do have friends in Baltimore area and definitely make some calls. Nasty cancer to have. Close friend had it and it won in three months god rest his soul.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
GETU1 will become famous soon enoughGETU1 will become famous soon enough
Good luck with the search and good luck to your friend. I hope the search for a ride for him comes through.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Liberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond reputeLiberation has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
+1 for what your doing, it's great, sorry I can't help from Florida, I do have friends in Baltimore area and definitely make some calls. Nasty cancer to have. Close friend had it and it won in three months god rest his soul.
My man!

Thank you!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Jonnyenglish is on a distinguished road
So very sorry to hear about your friend, unfortuntely i can't help with the car ride but thoughts from our family to yours and your friend.
Best of luck getting him a ride in his dream car.
Jonathan

Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
crapking is on a distinguished road
You are doing a wonderful thing. Cheers to you for trying to make a dream happen for a friend in need.
Thoughts and prayers and people need to keep this post up high on the list so that hopefully someone can help out.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
PRS 7 is on a distinguished road
I know it happens every where and every day but to read it just wells the ol eyes up. Makes me even more thankful than I already am.

It sounds like to diagnosis is bleak yes?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Infamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura about
Damn sorry to hear about your friend. This is a great thing your doing. How much is a rental down that way. I am down to throw in $ towards the rental for him and if some others here chip in a 1$ here or there maybe we could make this happen for him.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Infamous 997
Damn sorry to hear about your friend. This is a great thing your doing. How much is a rental down that way. I am down to throw in $ towards the rental for him and if some others here chip in a 1$ here or there maybe we could make this happen for him.
WOW!

Damn man...I don't even know what to say to that! One of his other best friends that was just here with us is a Brooklyn dude too, so, it can't be a coincidence!

Anyway, the rentals I'm seeing are like $1,200 to $1,400 for 24 hours. I got a couple bucks but certainly can't afford that by myself. Hopefully one way or the other I can make this thing happen for him. He's a dude that is full of life and to see him confined to this bed in Hospice is just killing him.

Man...I wish you were closer...that LP you got is his favorite car in the world! He loves Lambos!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by PRS 7
I know it happens every where and every day but to read it just wells the ol eyes up. Makes me even more thankful than I already am.

It sounds like to diagnosis is bleak yes?
Unfortunately, with Pancreatic cancer...it's always bleak. I hope he's a rare case and makes it longer than expected.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
KiokenM3 is on a distinguished road
im sorry about your friend. if i had a lambo and was in your area, i would be there

Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Sorry. Very sad...
Way, way too young to have such a terrible disease.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:31 PM
paulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura about
man im sorry about your friend. i wish i could help but im too far away. im sure one of the forum member here will be able to help. good luck, oh yeah im wiling to chip in for a rental if you decide to go that route

Last edited by paulfromtulsa; 06-11-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM
str8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to behold
You might want to post this in the regionals section (better probability of finding someone local to help out).

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/mid-atlantic-92/

My prayers go out to your friend, he's lucky to have a friend like you!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
I'm also very sorry. Someone local will surely get this done for you. Its a great group of people on here. Best wishes...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One of my closest friends has Pancreatic cancer...