Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Guy sells everything and drives Lambo for 91k miles!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:01 PM
str8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to behold
Guy sells everything and drives Lambo for 91k miles!!!!

Cliff notes: Fiancee leaves guy and he sells everything to buy a Gallardo and drives it around the country and has various adventures.

http://jalopnik.com/5559767/i-sold-e...yline=true&s=i

End result: All that driving does have a price and now the car has even less value. After all the hard driving and long miles, the timing chain stretched, crunching the valves and turning the car into an exotic and expensive paperweight. The car is now worth less than he owes on it and the bank refuses to grant him another loan.

Attached Images  

Last edited by str8-take; 06-11-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 PM
solekeeper is on a distinguished road
Honestly, it sounds incredibly retarded. But I do admire his mindset.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Good for him.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
i didnt read the article, but from your summary, im assuming he drove it tons of miles but never bothered to have the scheduled maintenance done to avoid such issues??

Old 06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
spOILed will become famous soon enough
i think that was brilliant. although if i were to do this it would be in a veyron.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM
novae500 is infamous around these partsnovae500 is infamous around these parts
91k miles later and the lambo is not running. Huge paperweight parked in his office. But can't take away the memories that he has from this experience.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Jargan is on a distinguished road
I bet it would them a ton of free press if Lamborghini stepped in and gave him a new free motor. I bet no one has 91K miles on a Lamborghini.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Sean Miami is on a distinguished road
"I can't afford to buy something like that and drive it on the weekend," Richard explains. "The difference between being materialistic and not is when you use what you have."

For him, it's a better value to drive it given the immediate drop in value for a used Lamborghini. It's even strange for him that others think otherwise.

I definitely agree with this. I can't blame the guy for doing what he did. If I had to be a wanderer, I'd do it in a Lamborghini.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:41 PM
evolveC4 is on a distinguished road
We all programmed to believe that we need to have certain things in our lives to be happy and balanced, however, that balance is different for everyone, I applaud him for the courage to do what is in his heart. So many of us let fear and judgement control our lives. Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Alleykat is on a distinguished road
I also wonder if he did the maintenance or not.It would be pretty tough car if he managed to hit 91k miles with only refilling the oil and not even changing the filters.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:54 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
judging by "eating ramen noodles so I can afford gas" he probably didnt do proper maintenance. still a nice "freedom" story.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:29 PM
kukri is on a distinguished road
fail, sry

Old 06-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned
clgrnt is infamous around these partsclgrnt is infamous around these partsclgrnt is infamous around these partsclgrnt is infamous around these parts
How so? He did what he felt was right for him despite what almost any level headed person would suggest. Not only that, but he's shown his gallardo is freakin bulletproof and is greatly promoting lambo's. 91k on your average everyday car without maintenance is an achievement....on an exotic that's just insane. I won't be surprised if he gets a little help getting it back on the road under the table.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by clgrnt
How so? He did what he felt was right for him despite what almost any level headed person would suggest. Not only that, but he's shown his gallardo is freakin bulletproof and is greatly promoting lambo's. 91k on your average everyday car without maintenance is an achievement....on an exotic that's just insane. I won't be surprised if he gets a little help getting it back on the road under the table.

^^^^^What he said. I would applaud any effort to get that car back on the road.

And good for him, he lived the dream.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 AM
domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !
clrgnt - you make an excellent point.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guy sells everything and drives Lambo for 91k miles!!!!