Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo stereo question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 AM
pontevedraguy is on a distinguished road
Gallardo stereo question

Want to replace my stock 2005 Gallardo stereo (with tape player) with a new system and nav. The stock radio channel is displayed on the top line of the center display above the steering column.
1. Does anyone know what will happen if I replace the system with a non-factory system (will the top of the display just be blank or will there be any issues with that)?
2. How ghetto is it to replace with a non-Lambo system in your opinion as long as it looks clean, etc?

Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Jonnyenglish is on a distinguished road
You will more than likely lose the DIC functionality i.e. there would be no read out on the dash.

as for looking ghetto not at all so long as you went with a high end unit from Pioneer, eclipse, alpine which BTW used to be the OE for lamborghini or it may still be.

good luck and post some pics when done
Jonathan

Old 06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
snowrider204 is on a distinguished road
I replaced the stock unit on my 06 gallardo. I replaced it with a top end kenwood. It's the same ones that come oem on the muircielagos. It is 10x better than the stock unit. I'll post some pics when I get home tonight.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
pontevedraguy is on a distinguished road
gallardo stereo

Thanks. Would love to see some pics of it. Did you top readout on the dash just go blank? Did you replace the factory speakers?

Old 07-05-2010, 06:05 PM
600WHP S4 is on a distinguished road
You can just buy a rnse out of a audi s4! same radio/ nav

Old 07-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I was going to suggest upgrading to one of the newer head units from a later model car, but it looks like others already have. You can likely find them online for less money. Personally , I prefer integrating the OEM head unit with aftermarket speakers/amps. Better sound with OEM features like the dash readout you asked about.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:12 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
do you really need nav? i wont take my car to unknown places.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey. Sorry it took me so long to post pics. I've been busy. Yes, I did replace my factory speakers. Used the stock locations and replaced with Focal speakers. I also added a subwoofer. I think it's a 10". I had a custom enclosure built and had it wrapped in perforated leather to match the existing leather. The head unit is a top of the line Kenwood. I think it's the same one used in the Murci. I did lose the arrow directions on the dash that came on with the OEM Nav. But it still lets me know mpg, avg speed etc. The Kenwood nav is much easier to use. And I have an ipod adapter. The new system sounds 10x better than OEM. If you look carefully, you may also see that I also added a seperate, easy to reach control for the stereo head unit. It's actually a control unit for Kenwood Marine head units. But it looks clean and simple and it works. It's just below the e brake. I also added TPM. Very helpful. Hard to tell when the tires are low by just looking. I replaced a few of the trim pieces with Carbon fiber trim. My instructions to the installer was to make it look as clean and a factory as possible. Check out the pics.

Attached Images    
Old 07-08-2010, 12:15 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
that's one of the nicest install i have seen. the installer certainly adhered to your requirements to make it clean. great job!

just curious, what does your setup sound like without the sub?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Actually, it sounds great without the subwoofer. The focal speakers are really great. But the subwoofer really adds dimension to the sound. You can actually feel the lows.