Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

PPI result question on an murci vert.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
PPI result question on an murci vert.

had a ppi done on a murci that I am considering and (since it is my first lambo purchase) I wanted to get some opinions from some of the more experienced Murci/Lambo members regarding some of the results.

"Found seepage on e-gear actuator area and in the bell housing area. seepage found is normal vehicle wear. Parking brake operational but warning light is staying on even when parking brake is released. Obtain E-gear snap and found 5.5mm wear on clutch."

These are the only questionable items that I saw and figured I would ask some opinions on here. I would think that seepage of any kind around the Tranny is unacceptable, however, maybe it is acceptable. What is the acceptable wear on a clutch before it needs to be replaced? (i.e. with 5.5mm of wear how much more use will I get out of it before havign a big repair bill?)

I definitely dont want to think I'm getting a good deal on a car only to have it arrive with a $10k repair. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and opinions.

Last edited by ExclusiveTT; 11-29-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
"Found seepage on e-gear actuator area and in the bell housing area. seepage found is normal vehicle wear. Parking brake operational but warning light is staying on even when parking brake is released. Obtain E-gear snap and found 5.5mm wear on clutch."
The leaking on e-gear actuator is not necessarily uncommon but it is an issue. Failure there results in some pretty rough domino effects. It is tough to monitor fluid levels in as well. The part costs about $12k and engine/transmission must be removed for replacement. It is not really worth trying to reseal it once you get it out of the car.

I have seen the parking brake light issue on other cars. Kind of annoying but not a huge drivability issue.

The clutch wear there is significant. You ultimately get 7-7.5 mm of wear and the cars usually become un-drivable with somewhere between 5-15% remaining.

How many miles are on the car? It may be a good deal but I would set aside about $15-20k for repairs over the next 2-5k miles. Fortunately, you will only need to pay for the labor once since you will definitely want to address both issues while you have the engine out.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. The cars are really awesome. They are prone to some fairly serious and expensive maintenance costs but nothing is quite as much fun on the right road!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Mike Speed is on a distinguished road
Sounds like some expense is coming in the near future

Old 12-04-2010, 11:25 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
The leaking on e-gear actuator is not necessarily uncommon but it is an issue. Failure there results in some pretty rough domino effects. It is tough to monitor fluid levels in as well. The part costs about $12k and engine/transmission must be removed for replacement. It is not really worth trying to reseal it once you get it out of the car.

I have seen the parking brake light issue on other cars. Kind of annoying but not a huge drivability issue.

The clutch wear there is significant. You ultimately get 7-7.5 mm of wear and the cars usually become un-drivable with somewhere between 5-15% remaining.

How many miles are on the car? It may be a good deal but I would set aside about $15-20k for repairs over the next 2-5k miles. Fortunately, you will only need to pay for the labor once since you will definitely want to address both issues while you have the engine out.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. The cars are really awesome. They are prone to some fairly serious and expensive maintenance costs but nothing is quite as much fun on the right road!

Thank you for the help! I figured on 15-25K in repairs to fix every issue on it. Apparently the rear spoiler motor needs to be replaced as well - the wing is tilted up on one side.

I was told the clutch on the roadster vs the coupe is actually different - of course, with the roadster clutch being more expensive.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
is this a first gen murci?

i would have the parking brake and spoiler fixed. then budget 25k for egear repairs. clutch with TO bearing will be almost 10k, another 10k for actuator, plus some misc labor.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:58 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
I was told the clutch on the roadster vs the coupe is actually different - of course, with the roadster clutch being more expensive.
There is no difference in the clutches between the coupes and roadsters that I know of.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
The amount of work to do the clutch is 4 extra hours for the roadster