Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

My UGR Verde Ithaca Gallardo TT build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
She's done for now!! Kevin and KC just have to dyno it tomorrow, and I'm flying in Saturday the 19th with Jamie Carter to test drive it!! Thanks to Kevin for the "loaner" set of wheels for this photoshoot too!! My HRE's should be ready in the next few weeks!!
Can't say enough about Kevin, KC, John Reed, and the rest of the Underground crew. They were all GREAT to work with, but even better was I made some new friendships out of this project!!

Last edited by basupra; 02-14-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Beautiful, Tim. Congratulations!!

Old 02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
congrats on the build!
love Verde Ithaca!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Tim -

I'm really happy for you. Looks great with the black wheels and piping on the green.

Enjoy the drive Saturday. Just make sure that you and Jamie stay out of trouble and don't stay at the "shop" too late.

Eric

Old 02-15-2011, 12:55 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
You know, i've said it from the beginning, I'm NOT a green car type of guy, but DAMN, with those wheels, the car does look SICK! Congrats on finally getting the TT G of your dreams.

Peter

Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 PM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
Looks awesome. I am a new fan of the lime green color. Very striking!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Looks alot better with the black wheels and lowered. Just my .02, but I think the polished setup would've made the color of the car stand out vs the black. Of course, your not going to see it with the rear cover on

Old 02-21-2011, 06:32 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice

Well, drove the car for the first time today!! What a ****ing ROCKET!! Got here at 10am and Kevin picked me up at the airport. Quick trip to the shop and then he and I went out in my car to break it in a little Straight to the "kill" setting which is 1250whp on my setup for now . Kevin drives first, and then we pull over and I drive. Did a few 50mph-160mph blasts, and then we go back to his shop, check over the car for any leaks, loose bolts, clamps, etc. All perfect. Go and pick up Jamie Carter at the airport, and go grab some lunch. Back to his shop, and we have no less than 10 Cameras ready. 5 on my car, 3 on Jamies Superleggera, and 2 handhelds.
So off we go in two Lambos out to the highway (Jamies is not turboe'd yet). Jamie was with me in my car, and Kevin drove Jamies with Matt the video master.
Go out for about 2 hours and do countless pulls for video, and I make no less than 3 40-200+mph blasts while some of them stand outside on the highway, above the overpass, and in the other camera car. Watching a car literally doing 200mph past you at a standstill on full wail is nuts on this video!! I hit the rev limiter (8000rpm) in 6th gear multiple times today!!
Then I let Jamie drive the car so I could hear it and see it from the other car. His first time EVER driving a Gallardo, let alone a TTG, he does a 1-6th gear, 200 mph blast past Kevin and I in the other car!! Dude is just straight loony!! So I would say the car is about as bulletproof as anything can possibly be at that power level, when the 3 of us beat the bejesus out of it for a good 2-3 hours straight. No cooldown, no ice in the reservoir, nothing. Talk about quality build, parts, and tuning! You get what you pay for!! Can't say enough good things about the Underground gang and John Reed. The car ran, drove, and rode perfect the entire time. Truly amazing for a car with this much power!! Effortless and smooth were words that Jamie and I used alot yesterday!!
After a few pulls I was already comfortable with the power level. It would break loose in 2nd gear pretty good, but once the tires were up to temp. 3rd gear and on was DEAD hooking!! Waxed a few bikes, got a ton of thumbs up, phone pics, cars pacing us etc. The attention this car brings is unbelievable (hopefully not in a bad way in the future). The color in person is just awesome IMO. So glad I got this color.

Done with round one of videoing, we again go back to the shop, check the car over again...perfect. Topped her off with more C16 (E85 will be done at a later date).
We decide to get some dusk/night video as the car likes to shoot out flames quite frequently, so we had to charge up all of the cameras. We get out a little later than we wanted, but it still turned out really good. This time we leave Jamies car at the shop and they follow us in the camera truck. Jamie and I did about 3-4 60-130 pulls, and with both of us in the car, up a slight incline, we get a few 4.3's and a 4.1 once the car got a clean run with no wheelspin (tires were a little cold on the first couple hits). The car at this power level, and no passenger and brake-boosting, has a solid 4.0 in it, probably more. Take these numbers as a grain of salt though, as I am still feeling out the car and was not shifting it very hard at all. Expect much better times with it once I'm comfortable and some new tires. Some of the night footage is pretty cool, with some nice underpass shots with the car screaming and then big flame *****!!
What till you guys see the video. We watched a little of the raw footage, and it is pretty crazy. Hopefully they will have it edited in a week or so. Remember 10 cameras that were on for a total of 3-4 hrs is a LOT of footage to sift through!!

If any of you are on the fence or even considering picking up a Gallardo or other exotic and want to turbo it with Underground Racing, DO IT!!! It is worth every penny. Keep in mind that they have packages ranging from 650whp-1900whp!! So if you are a little gun shy about getting into a real high hp car for the first time, they have you covered with packages from mild to INSANE, and can fit into most budgets as well!! That way you can work your way up the ladder as you are more comfortable with the car/power level.

See you all in TX at the National Supra meet!! Can't wait!!

Tim

Old 02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Congrats Tim glad to see you on the road after all the heartache you've been through. See you in a couple of weeks.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Tim
That was one hell of a summation! I am very happy for you and I can not wait to see your killer kermit!
Congrats
Robert

Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
tim-congrats on the build and the car again
love your review/description, made me feel like i was there with you
looking forward to the video and most importantly-
Enjoy!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Is it strange dealing with wheelspin from all 4 tires vs two? Wow what an amazing car and an amazing build, I am sure you are excited!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Wow...def sounds badass. Congrats on the great build, any news on the videos?

Old 02-22-2011, 07:39 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Congrats, Tim!! Sounds like a BEAST!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:18 AM
sebas is on a distinguished road
great color, cant wait until its done, good luck with the car! those turbos look super mean. when you have a chance you should post some vids. Cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My UGR Verde Ithaca Gallardo TT build