Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

My UGR Verde Ithaca Gallardo TT build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:37 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
My UGR Verde Ithaca Gallardo TT build

Back in late '09 at the Texas Mile I saw SW's and Kyles UGR Gallardo TT's for the first time in person. To say I was impressed would be a vast understatement. The build quality was impeccable, OEM quality or better. If you have not seen one in person, you are missing out. They are truly a work of art. I knew then that I would have to have one. SW didn't have time at the mile to take me for a spin in his, so I had to wait until the TX Supra meet the following March to take my first ride in a UGR TT Gallardo. As soon as I saw SW at the meet, I was on him to get me that ride!! Of course he obliged, and we went out on the Mexican highway for a few quick blasts. His car had the 1000whp pump gas kit on it at the time. We were just on the pump gas setting and the car was just insane!! I have ridden in/driven some pretty fast cars, but this car took it to another level, as it drove like a STOCK car until you laid into it. No weird noises, no weird vibrations, no loud as hell exhaust, just a glorious V10 roar!! I was hooked!!

Fast forward to November '10. I conversed with Kevin at Underground and my good friend Peter Blach and told them that I had found two possible candidates for my project. One was a yellow '05 manual car with clear bonnet, power/heated seats and yellow calipers with only 2k miles. The other car was a 1 owner '05 Verde Ithaca Gallardo with 6k miles with clear bonnet, power/heated seats, and a new clutch. Both cars were priced about the same. Kevin told me hands down to get the Verde car. He said the color is by far his favorite of all the Lambo colors. I was hesitant, as I had never seen the color in person, but I trusted his choice on the matter.
Lucky for me the car was located in Oregon, where John Reed lives. He has been around these cars for over two years now, so it was a logical choice to have him inspect the car for me. I give John a call to see if he could check the car out for me. Being the great person he is, he promptly checked the car out for me and gave it the thumbs up. Another call to Kevin, and he had it picked up in a few days and on the road to Charlotte. I can't think John enough for checking the car out for me during his hectic schedule. I owe you a few beers John (or fruity drinks like what Kevin drinks :doh.
I'm sure most of you have seen Peters build thread. We both had originally planned to get the stage 2.5 kit from UGR. Of course that all changed when he got his car there!! He has since decided to basically go "all" out now!!
At this time, I will be sticking to the stage 2.5. Hopefully 1250whp will be enough :rockon:. We will also be doing a custom E85 setup on my car, so that basically I will be on "kill" at all times. I believe this will be the first "go green" Gallardo as well!!
I will update this thread as much as possible throughout the build. I don't have too many pictures yet, as I have not even seen the car in person!!

Here are some pictures from purchase and loading it to get "the treatment".

Here are some motorless pics!!

More updates to follow!!

Tim

Old 12-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
should be a monster...good luck with the build

Old 12-18-2010, 10:16 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
What....you had to back up what I told you all along with some hillbilly from NC?

Forget about all that fancy **** Peter is doing. Just make sure it doesn't leave until it has a 300 fogger and you'll be fine....

Can't wait to see these bulls run in TX. Saturday night is going to be one hell of a night!

Old 12-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Congrats, that is awesome. Really look forward to the build progress and pics.
Only b/c I'm not familiar but what's the different between a stage 2 and 2.5?
btw was is a Lambo with a Heffner logo doing there at UGR?

Ranger

Old 12-19-2010, 01:35 AM
MustangMan is on a distinguished road
ooh that color is truly mad!! which is a good thing considering its going to get its horses literally doubled is a while!!
just curious about 1 thing though, wont all that hp be a bit of a problem coz its a manual AWD? i heard you have to be a bit careful while launching the old gen murci manual or you could shred the gearbox coz its awd.. is it the same for the g??

Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 AM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
What....you had to back up what I told you all along with some hillbilly from NC?

Forget about all that fancy **** Peter is doing. Just make sure it doesn't leave until it has a 300 fogger and you'll be fine....

Can't wait to see these bulls run in TX. Saturday night is going to be one hell of a night!
How could I forget you!!! Yes you were a big help in this color decision as well!! No spray on this bull!! TX is going to be INSANE this year!! BTW call me when you have some free time.

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Congrats, that is awesome. Really look forward to the build progress and pics.
Only b/c I'm not familiar but what's the different between a stage 2 and 2.5?
btw was is a Lambo with a Heffner logo doing there at UGR?

Ranger
I'll let Kevin answer this question as I don't want to get it wrong!!

Originally Posted by MustangMan
ooh that color is truly mad!! which is a good thing considering its going to get its horses literally doubled is a while!!
just curious about 1 thing though, wont all that hp be a bit of a problem coz its a manual AWD? i heard you have to be a bit careful while launching the old gen murci manual or you could shred the gearbox coz its awd.. is it the same for the g??
I believe the Gallardo system is totally different than the Murci. There are alot of high HP manual G's running around now.

Tim

Old 12-19-2010, 11:39 AM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Posted on SF as well...

Congrats buddy! Not much room to upgrade from an AWD TT Exotic that makes plenty of power They are fun to drive for sure. Someday I'll join in on all the baller fun you guys are having!

Old 12-19-2010, 12:04 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Nice pick! Should be even more of a joy when its all done. Going to follow the build on this "Green Monster"

Old 12-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
Congrats on the car !

Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 PM
madman23 is on a distinguished road
Great car man. That is one of my favorite colors as well. GL with it. Running the E85 is going to be sick.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress Tim. I want a ride here at TX2k.
I'm happy for you.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by RyanWoon
Posted on SF as well...

Congrats buddy! Not much room to upgrade from an AWD TT Exotic that makes plenty of power They are fun to drive for sure. Someday I'll join in on all the baller fun you guys are having!
Thanks Ryan!! I'm sure you wil have one soon enough!!

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress Tim. I want a ride here at TX2k.
I'm happy for you.
Thanks Todd!! No problem on the ride...there will be plenty of them there to choose from!!

Tim

Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Tim,

Very cool build and awesome car!

Jack

Old 12-21-2010, 10:30 PM
GT2 Mike has a spectacular aura aboutGT2 Mike has a spectacular aura about
This thing is going to be sick when its done ! Are you going to change the wheels or just leave the stockers ?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
love Verde Ithaca and the fact that its a 6-speed...will be a monster of a car, congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My UGR Verde Ithaca Gallardo TT build