Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Another UGR TT build. This time it's my car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 10:08 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Another UGR TT build. This time it's my car.

Well I did it. I bought a Gallardo and sent it Underground Racing for turbos.

At the October 2009 TX Mile I was parked between Evoms and UGR running my Z-06. I spent the weekend hanging out with the Porsche guys and had a great time. The next month I bought Jamie Carter’s old GT2 and ran 206 at the March 2010 TX Mile.

I also spent a little time admiring Kyle’s orange Gallardo that ran 240 mph at the event. He was kind enough to answer some of our questions about his car. I was just amazed at the craftsmanship of the build and how the car was able to idle and drive around the paddock like a stock car.

Friday of the October 2010 TX Mile I stopped in Houston and completed the acquisition of a white 2007 Gallardo with a proper 6 speed manual. Thanks Raj. I drove it around for a few hours and was surprised at how balanced the car actually felt but I was underwhelmed by the power. The car sounded great above 6000 rpm and that is where it started to come alive but my stock Z-06 would just bury this car.

I had planned on sending the car to UGR at some point. I called Kevin and he told me that an R8 had dropped out and they had an opening available and that I could ship my car the following Monday with Peter Blach’s car. I told him I would leave the car at the dealer and UGR picked it up and off it went.

The engine is going back in the car today and my son and I are flying at to Charlotte on the 10th of January to drive the car and do some final tuning with John Reed. He is hoping to have an E85 tune all sorted out when I get there. This will be the first car they have done with E85 - so there are some things that need to be sorted out.

I opted to do the 1000 whp on pump gas and 1XXX whp on E85. Upgraded axles, MoTec, billet gears and everything done in black ceramic coating.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Cat's finally out of the bag! Can't wait to see the finished product, bro.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:31 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Cat's finally out of the bag! Can't wait to see the finished product, bro.
HaHa. More and more people seemed to know about the build. I guess it hards to keep this big of a secret for too long. So I decide to just go ahead and post it up.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:37 AM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Very nice White is my favorite! How many miles are on your car?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by RyanWoon
Very nice White is my favorite! How many miles are on your car?
13K. It was very difficlut to find a white 6 spd car. The car is in perfect condition and since I planned on sending it out to UGR to get engine built the miles became less important.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, now THAT is going to be something. Will be killer with the black ceramic coating.

I assume you will be bringing this to TX2k11!!!? Can't wait to see some of these cars this year, HP overload for sure. Gets better and better every year.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:43 AM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
13K. It was very difficlut to find a white 6 spd car. The car is in perfect condition and since I planned on sending it out to UGR to get engine built the miles became less important.
Ya white is the hardest color to find. Congrats on the build. I'm jealous!

Old 12-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Wow, now THAT is going to be something. Will be killer with the black ceramic coating.

I assume you will be bringing this to TX2k11!!!? Can't wait to see some of these cars this year, HP overload for sure. Gets better and better every year.
Yes. It will be at TX2K11

Originally Posted by RyanWoon
Ya white is the hardest color to find. Congrats on the build. I'm jealous!
Thanks.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 AM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Bout time you came out of the closet!!!
Congrats buddy, and see you soon in Charlotte!!!

Tim

Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
thats awesome, love the fact that is a 6speed. im guessing you will be having it tuned with boost by gear?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Can't wait to see the finished product! Lovin the manual tranny as well

Old 12-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by basupra
Bout time you came out of the closet!!!
Congrats buddy, and see you soon in Charlotte!!!

Tim
Thanks. Yeah, I figured the engine was going back in today so I might as well post.

14 days to Charlotte. Looking forward to it. Plus I will get to see that crazy verde ithaca car of yours in person. First round of drinks are on me.

Originally Posted by slavik
thats awesome, love the fact that is a 6speed. im guessing you will be having it tuned with boost by gear?
Yes - boost by gear. Will have to fine tune it with John Reed when I go out.

Originally Posted by SXN
Can't wait to see the finished product! Lovin the manual tranny as well
Thanks. 6 speed was my first choice. Love your avatar - I saw somewhere you could get tshirts.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:10 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
About time you posted something!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
About time you posted something!
Come on - you knew about. You are in the inner circle.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
White+manual trans=WIN. Congrats! Can't wait to see the finished product.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another UGR TT build. This time it's my car.