Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

I'm going to bite the bullet very soon...but need some help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
crapking is on a distinguished road
I'm going to bite the bullet very soon...but need some help!

OK...some things in my life are happening that are truly blessings and I am finally going to splurge on me! I am def in the market the first quarter of 2011 for a toy. I have driven an 06 F430 and and 08 Gallardo Superleggera and although both COULD be in my budget...I want and need to conserve cash for another start up along with a move to a new city etc etc. Soooo that being said...I would have to look at either 04-05 Gallardo OR 02-04 360s. I drove a friends 03 360 last month and to be honest...enjoyed it. I had never driven one. His is a well optioned F1 with Larini exhaust and only 10k miles and it sounds amazing!. This is where it gets interesting...he has ordered and 458 and will get rid of his 360 in the spring. I have not driven the 04-05 Gallardo but I know it will pale in comparison to the Superleggera but I am sure it is still a wonderful car in its own right. So what are your opinions? I would be buying for cash so my budget is up to $85k to $90k. OR would it be wiser to spend a little extra and get a 430 or newer Lambo? I am literally torn....HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 04:35 PM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
I would get something newer, now with the F458 and LP560-4 and SL's, a 360 would be some what "old school".

IMO, either a F430 or a newer Lambo would be the best way to go!

Either way, good luck on your search and can't wait to see what you get!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:07 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
GALLARDO > 360 430 & GALLARDO = pretty equal- a very slight edge to the 430 overall

Superleggera & LP560 > 430

Old 12-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Boxzing is on a distinguished road
A few yrs back, I also was deciding between the 360 and G and went with the 360 and have had no regrets. The 360 was more comfortable riding (suspension wise) and had a more comfortable driver's position. I could not get comfortable in the G and I am a trim person. Also, the Ferrari is the top Italian dog, IMO. While traveling in Italy, I experienced that Lambo gets no love there. Ferrari merchandise/love/praise everywhere. Not necessarily a big thing though.

If I was buying today, it would be a bit more difficult. I don't care for the looks and sound of the 430 but buying the 360 doesn't quite make much sense seeing how prices of the 430 has come down. I have a Stradale exhaust on my car and it absolutely sounds amazing with the exhaust bypass valves always open and has more of a higher pitch than the 430.

The G doesnt do it for me anymore, this may sound contradictory coming from a guy who owns an old 360, but the G is looking a bit long in the tooth.

For 80-90k, a 360 may be better than an 04 G. An 06 and newer G is what is prefered.

Good luck.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM
mm2003 is on a distinguished road
+1 F430 or newer G

Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM
jcramair1 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mm2003
+1 F430 or newer G
Ditto!

Old 12-30-2010, 10:28 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
the 04 & 05 lambo will have better performance then a 360... The Ferrari 360 will cost more also to maintain... being I had a G already, I might go with ferrari next time myself, the 430 seems to be a great car, Ferrari interior is much better then lambo.. and yes the G is getting a little dated looking

Old 12-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
The 360 is a looker, sounds great but imo are slow but again it's all about what you want from it.
I would not consider an older Lambo G (2004-05) with E-gear unless you want to be buying clutches often. Go for the 6 spd MT.
Personally I'd go for G. Some RSC cosmetic CF pieces and the G looks killer.
Best of luck. It's fun to look for a toy.

Ranger

Old 12-30-2010, 12:39 PM
crapking is on a distinguished road
I will fully admit that the F430 is way more car than the 360. I have been obsessed with Lambo's since a child. You know the typical Countach on the wall poster we all had as kids. But I agree that the interior is way better on the F cars than a G. Its really a toss up. Its a hard choice as I like them both and now that I will be able to buy either I really am on the fence on which route to go. Yes I have heard the G cars are way cheaper to maintain than an F. Hmmm...so then maybe I will pony up the extra cash and just get the 6+ G. Either way come April I will be looking hot and heavy and would like something no later than May as I will be in a new city and need a toy for fun outings.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
you need to also drive both... they feel and ride different... when I had my G a friend had a 360.. My car would get all the looks, I had way less troubles with my lambo then he did with his ferrari.. Lambo is a tighter fit inside, ferrari has more interior room... but the lambo just looks so much cooler... ferrari is pretty, lambo is mean.. best of luck with your search

Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
IMO, your budget of $85K - $90K is a little low for a Lambo or F-car.

If it were me, I'd skip the F-car due to maintenance costs, and go for the G. But def go for a 06 or newer G.

If you're set on going with a ferrari, then spring for the F430. It will cost you less to maintain than a 360, so the initial upcharge up front will more than offset the higher maintenance fees in the long run with the 360.

Good luck and enjoy!

PS. What about an R8?

Old 12-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
I'd say go the lambo route. But hey in the end; it's going to be your call and you should test drive both to see which you love the most. Different strokes for different folks

Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
May all of your decisions in life be this difficult

Old 01-03-2011, 12:15 PM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
I think a 360 is not in the same league as a G. A 997.2S will be faster than a 360, let alone the G, and I find 360 front to be one of the ugliest Ferrari ever, but beauty is in the eye of beholder. Lambo looks and sound amazing and I believe it will keep looking good for years to come, instead of the 360 dated look. Friend of mine had one 360 Spider and it gave him so many headackes he sold it with no regrets.

I drove the 360 spider and it made nothing for me, but the Gallardo, OMG the pull and sound after 6000rpm is just insane.
The F430 is the real macth for the G, it looks amazing too, between those two, only after a long test drive I could decide.

So in my opinion you should keep your byuing options between Gallardo and F430.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
Agree with what's been posted. Also would vouch for an 06+ G. The improved gearing, steering, and general reliability make the G a good proposition for your position. Plus, if you ever really get bored with it, you can send it off to Heffner or UGR for some happy funtime boost! Best of luck with your decision. Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm going to bite the bullet very soon...but need some help!