Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Need help in deciding 560 exhaust setup

Old 01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Need help in deciding 560 exhaust setup

Hi Guys. I have this topic posted on lambopower , but wanted to get 6speeder's response on this as well :

"Guys, I need help with choosing an exhaust system for my 560. I have gone through the various threads that explain in detail the exhaust choices and wish to finalize my choice between the following :

- Tubi
- RSC Tuning
- Capristo

I had also considered the Kreissieg system , but they are still searching for a test car to develop a system for the 560 and are unable to give a ETA for the same. I checked out the Capristo system and I did not like it.

Now I was nearly sold on the non-valve Tubi exhaust for the 560 , until I checked with Tubi about a possible CEL issue. To which I got this response :

"In theory there will always be a risk of that. Since the system includes test-pipes, there would be a chance the the CEL could get tripped. What we do to help avoid that is supply the exhaust with machined secondary O2 spacers. We've installed the system on some cars (with the spacers) and had no issues with the CEL. But then on a couple of cars, the CEL still got tripped. It seems to vary from car to car....but overall, the larger percentage of them are fine once the spacers are installed. Even the 2 cars that did get the CEL didn't seem to mind, because the sound of the system made it worthwhile for them."

Since I do not want to take a chance with a CEL issue , I'd like to confirm first if anyone here has the non-valve Tubi exhaust for the 560 and if they have ever faced any such CEL issues?

Thanks and Regards
-karan"

Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

HI Sir

You may want to wait for another week. fabspeed Motorsports USA has a 2009+ Green metallic car that had 1 of the systems listed in your post. The owner dropped of the factory OEM muffler and the aftermarket. WE dynoed both systems on the car and the "aftermarket system LOST -20HP". The aftermarket system used gigantic way to large 3.0" 76mm tubing.

The car only requires 70mm 2.75" exhaust tubing and some engineering to make sports car sound and power in a light weight rear muffler design.

WE wanted to make headers for the car like we did for the Ferrari 458 Italia but that would have required PULLING the engine which is too costly vis a vis a cost benefit analysis.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
I like Fabspeed, they actually have before/after dyno's of their exhausts and don't overprice them like crazy just because its an exotic.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Ecks, make sure you check out Fabspeed's X-Pipe Supersport exhaust system for your LP560. Constructed from C.N.C. mandrel bent 2.75"/70mm T304 stainless steel, the X-Pipe is a direct bolt-on application that saves 45lbs/20kg and improves power by +13HP/12 ft-lbs of torque to the wheels at 5700RPM. Not only does the X-Pipe exhaust system save weight and improve power, it also produces a very deep, throaty exhaust note that does not resonate or drone in the cabin. To summarize, Fabspeed now offers a Supersport Exhaust X-Pipe for the LP560 that is a direct replacement for the OEM muffler, saving 45LBS and improving 13HP to the wheels. This exhaust will not set of the Check Engine Light and is covered under Fabspeed's Lifetime Limited Warranty to the OP. If you have any questions regarding your LP560 and Fabspeed's exhaust, please contact Fabspeed directly 215-646-4945, or email myself Joey@fabspeed.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUTqKvWhaQ