Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Balboni beaten by Panamera TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Balboni beaten by Panamera TT

on the Top Gear (US) track, ooops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8RN...layer_embedded

Didn`t beat the Superleggera tho.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:17 AM
ExactlyCake is on a distinguished road
When I watched this the other day, it was amazing how well that car would exit corners. Just seemed like a rocket, if you happen to see the host drive it before the test, he uses launch control and looked like the front wanted to lift

Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 AM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
No offense- but no matter how fast the TT PANAMERA is it's still FUGLY.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:07 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
Don`t worry, i don`t feel offended. I support both brands and cars.
Both cars sell very well in their segments. The Pana isn`t a beauty at first sight that´s true, but after having seen a couple of them in real life (esp. with bigger wheels and lowered) i am starting to love `em and u can`t argue with the performance, it is staggering.
The much lighter midengined Balboni with a 50 HP advantage clearly beaten by a heavy full size 4-door sedan on a track.
Pretty amazing result imho.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 PM
ExactlyCake is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Don`t worry, i don`t feel offended. I support both brands and cars.
Both cars sell very well in their segments. The Pana isn`t a beauty at first sight that´s true, but after having seen a couple of them in real life (esp. with bigger wheels and lowered) i am starting to love `em and u can`t argue with the performance, it is staggering.
The much lighter midengined Balboni with a 50 HP advantage clearly beaten by a heavy full size 4-door sedan on a track.
Pretty amazing result imho.
I'm with you. Although when I first saw the car I loved everything about it except the rear quarter. Until i went down to the dealer to see for myself.
Imo its one of the most tastefully aggressive looking cars on the road.
Fast, respected, useable.

I personally will be buying a v6 pany for a daily driver once they start rolling off of their leases.
The car fits perfectly for my current high mileage lifestyle, room for 4, a useable trunk and camry like economy.

As of now the turbo cars in my stable will be limited to two doors, but that will almost certainly change once my driving habits change for daily living.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:59 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Definitely a suprise that behemoth could circle the track that quick.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:03 PM
GoingGreen is on a distinguished road
Ya the car is cool. Not the best looking but i take my hate off it is performance.

BTW 8) I hate this show. Every one except Tanner should be replaced. It needs a better producer too!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
why is it in B&W? eek!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
+1 for that

Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Rev_2_8k is on a distinguished road
That's insane! Was the Balboni's lap damp or wet? That's pretty embarrasing to get beat on a track by a vehicle of that nature...

Edit-+ Can't see the above video, blocked @ work.

Last edited by Rev_2_8k; 01-31-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 PM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
That is pretty sad a Lambo can't beat a 4300lb sedan.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Chris 23 is on a distinguished road
its kinda crazy that porsche could build a 4000+ pound sedan that can still handle the track so well. it's not as much of an insult to lamborghini (the balboni is an amazing car), but rather a tip of the hat to porsche.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chris 23
its kinda crazy that porsche could build a 4000+ pound sedan that can still handle the track so well. It's not as much of an insult to lamborghini (the balboni is an amazing car), but rather a tip of the hat to porsche.

+1 !!