Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

How tall are you?

Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM
sleepys4 is on a distinguished road
How tall are you?

How is the interior space in the Murci and Gallardo? A while back I was at the dealership looking at new cars and I had a hard time getting in and out of a Gallardo convertible.. I was wondering is the Murci a tad larger? I'm 6 foot 3 210lb and was baically trying to see if I would be able to get fit in either one.. Any input would be appreciated!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:35 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
At 5'7 and about 155 lbs , I was having a very tough time getting in and out of the Murci, but in the gallardo it is much easier. The Murci coupe has a very cramped interior but the Gallardo coupe is significantly better in terms of comfort and is more spacious too.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
I am 6'5" 180# and have driven just about every Lamborghini out there. I owned a Gallardo for 4 years and drove it in reasonable comfort. The headroom is a bit lacking. I found that if I drove the car early in the morning I would hit my head on the roof. If I waited until the evening after my spine compressed an inch or so from walking around all day, I fit significantly better. Leg room is fine is pretty much all of them but foot room is a bit tough with anything but the narrowest shoes.

The Gallardo Spyder with the top up has significantly less headroom than the Coupe. Obviously with the top down this is not a big deal but the rear firewall is different and does not allow the seat to recline as much.

I feel like I fit better in the Murcielagos. The seats are thinner and the driving position is a bit different, much more reclined. The steering wheel is much more mobile in the Murcielago as well.

In the new LP570 and 670, the seats pose an interesting situation. The seat is a one piece carbon bucket that does not recline. I love the feel of the seat but the upright driving position makes headroom very difficult. If I owned one of these I would have to remove the adjustment hardware and raise the front of the seat. Once I did that, it would probably be a perfect fit with that seat.

I drove a Murcielago Roadster around with the seats removed a bit and that was absolutely awesome. I had the perfect amount of room and could see really well. Obviously that is unsafe but it made me want to think about a new solution to the problem.

Here is a video of me in the LP570 Superleggera that gives you an idea of what the space is like inside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phh_OedPcDA

Good luck with the search. Ultimately it comes down to finding one you feel comfortable in. One interesting thing that I have observed is that the second one everyone sits in always feels bigger. Obviously no change in the cars but they are getting used to having less space than they normally would.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:02 PM
ajkinc22 is on a distinguished road
Hey i am 6'3 220 and i test drove a gallardo superleggera and it was a perfect fit the only thing is getting in the car was a little tough but i guess you get use to it otherwise it was perfect didnt feel to tight or anything it was comftorable

Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sleepys4
How is the interior space in the Murci and Gallardo? A while back I was at the dealership looking at new cars and I had a hard time getting in and out of a Gallardo convertible.. I was wondering is the Murci a tad larger? I'm 6 foot 3 210lb and was baically trying to see if I would be able to get fit in either one.. Any input would be appreciated!
If you are long in the torso look elswhere. I was checking the lambo out at a local dealer and at 6'3" 220 not even close. A 2008 SL was close. New SL... forget it since they are a one-piece seat. Only chance is if all your height is in the legs..then head room might not be an issue. Good Luck

ps F430 has much more headroom than the lambos

Old 02-16-2011, 02:55 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 07speed
If you are long in the torso look elswhere. I was checking the lambo out at a local dealer and at 6'3" 220 not even close. A 2008 SL was close. New SL... forget it since they are a one-piece seat. Only chance is if all your height is in the legs..then head room might not be an issue. Good Luck

ps F430 has much more headroom than the lambos

Exactly - torso proportion is a key factor. The 08 Superleggeras and other cars without power seats will be easier for tall guys to fit in.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Thank you for all the input!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:23 PM
JuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to all
6ft fit in the gallardo easy, murci is tight no matter what... but still comfy.

I agree the F cars interior is more accommodating for a taller guy.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 AM
franki68 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sleepys4
jermey clarkson owned a convertible and he is 6 foot 7 i think.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by franki68
jermey clarkson owned a convertible and he is 6 foot 7 i think.
I met him late last year, he is about 6'5. Either way if he can fit I should be able to get in a Gallardo.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM
gemlender will become famous soon enoughgemlender will become famous soon enough
6'4" 220lbs. I have no trouble in my 04 Gallardo (no power seats). Same with the Murci. It's all in your torso

Old 03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
PJFLA is on a distinguished road
Im 6'3 and was really concerned about being too tall for a G. Rented one a few weekends ago. What a mistake. I fit with no problem. Now I am close to buying!

Old 03-14-2011, 05:21 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
The guy who says he hit his head but the car is reasonable comfy....I don't get that.

Frankly, I'm disappointed in exoctics interior legroom. I spent the past month stting in evvery supercar I could find. I can't believe these expensive cars are not made to accomodate large guys. I'm 6-2 270 lbs. I have shorter torso with long legs. I want my legs to be as straight as possible for long drives. The sales guys at every dealer told me they could send the car out to have the seat tracks lengthened. That bothered me because why spend all that money then have to monkey around with it to fit. Also, such modifications wouldn't be covered by warranty nor insurance coverage. The sales guys response always was, who cares about those things if you can afford one of these.
Sorry, I'm not wired that way.
I couldn't even get all the way inside the Gallardo. Looks like I may never own one of these cars.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:04 PM
AxerJk is on a distinguished road
I'm 5'11, and could comfortably sit in a Murcielago with plenty of headroom. Getting out is a challenge no matter what.

Chris

Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
CatDog will become famous soon enoughCatDog will become famous soon enough
lol the guy in the youtube video posted in this thread has got to be one of the most stereotypical sales people alive.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Motorcar.../5/WITPQcyr-Ik

^ This has got to be one of the funnier ones to watch. The poor chap can barely fit into the seat and just looks like a mess.

Last edited by CatDog; 03-23-2011 at 12:55 PM.