Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Has anyone tested the speed limit of the Murci soft top?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 04:57 AM
ndubz is infamous around these parts
Has anyone tested the speed limit of the Murci soft top?

I was curious to see if anyone had actually tested how fast the Murci roadster could go before its soft top decided to leave the roof on its own. I had figured someone out there with enough money not to care about buying a new one would have tried it for a laugh, but much to my dismay when I checked on youtube there was no such thing.

Anyone know anyone who has tried it or have seen something where it has been tested? I know lamborghini "says" 100mph, I want to know the actual real world speed where it will fly off.

cheers

Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 PM
i319870 is on a distinguished road
I don't know but I wouldn't go over a 100 with it...can cause some real damage to the car, not to mention if it flies and hits somebody else...

Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
I remember the Ferrari 550 Barchetta had a warning on the dash that said do not exceed 70MPH with that top on....So im sure the murci may be around that much as well to be safe

Old 05-31-2011, 01:51 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
a friend of mine went past 125 mph with his, no issue other than the warning light

*what a stupid design, seriously, how do you produce a 400k exotic sports car with a limiting roof like that???? poor design

Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
///MMB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dinorocz
a friend of mine went past 125 mph with his, no issue other than the warning light

*what a stupid design, seriously, how do you produce a 400k exotic sports car with a limiting roof like that???? poor design
Not just that, but you need to put it together.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 PM
ExactlyCake is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by white out
It's a roadster, a type of vehicle never intended to have a legitimate top.

Nick
+rep

Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !

Nick
Can't agree, tell that to Mercedes, they make both the SLK and SL with the hardtop and goes 155mph (computer limit). Can go faster w/o a problem. It's a poor design, simple as that.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:23 PM
ndubz is infamous around these parts
Its straight, never was an issue as the Murci I drove was a coupe and the sun was shining its glory down upon us all. Still funny how dinorocz friend went 125 with it on tho, I knew someone had to have tried it. And i figured they wouldnt tell you the actual limit but a number like 25% less or so. Awesome stuff tho, really loved the car despite all of its shortcomings.

I did a review of it on my blog, check it out if you want. good vid along with a review.

http://mindovermotor.com/2011/06/15/485/

Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM
szabo_martin is on a distinguished road
I've done over 120 with it and never noticed an issue, but its in short bursts. I probably wouldn't cruise at 120 for hours with it. the 100mph warning is taking into consideration a safety margin. It's not a poor design, as Whiteout said its a roadster like a 550 barchetta. If you saw the area in the engine bay behind the cabin you would see why its near impossible to make a power top. Plus I wouldn't want a system like in the G where it covers half the engine and you cant access the engine for maintenance without removing a million things. The bigger PITA is that if you go on a road trip with an overnight bag you cant fit the bag and the roof in the trunk...and theres no parcel shelf like the Gallardo.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice

Nick
Odd opinion since the model before it AND the model after it have legitimate tops.

One of the many reasons I opted for a Diablo Roadster.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ynot
It's a poor design, simple as that.
+1 or +20.....however many minutes it takes to put the goofy thing together, then install it on the car. A couple of funny youtube vids on that.

If it wasn't a cluster....wouldn't they have done the same thing on the Aventador? Dealers kissed the ground when they discovered they were going to equip the A wih a real roof.