Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

2011 LP550-2, BEST kept secret!

Old 05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
2011 LP550-2, BEST kept secret!

SO I recently had the chance to spend the day and nght with a NEW 2011 LP550-2. I had the 2010 LP550-2 "Balboni" car for about 400 miles a bit back. It was a good car, but lacked in suspension and just did not have the UMFF feeling to it for me. It was also just a little to plain jane for me.... SO I was a little like, OK what can be new about this, the "Stripe Delete" kit..?

Well, let me tell you..HANDS down a totaly new machine. They did re-work a lot of the suspension items, the adjusted exhaust is great, the E-Gear box (which we all know is not my favorite) is just incrediable. The car I tested had Rossa Corsa tires, Nav, rear color camera, electric and heated seats, clear engine bonnet with the Bi-Color Sportiva look, ALL for around $200K!!. I mean think about it, where can you get a pretty decked out Exotic, 3 year unlimited mile warranty in striking colors and perfomance far that price BRAND NEW now?.

I was very very impressed with the new suspension and ride, also had settings for sport and corssa mode as well..it shifts smooth and quick, a real suprise in operation to me. The exhuast note is nothing short of "school girl" make you smile sound. I love the feature of the on/off rear view camera...even as your driving, puch a button and see whats behind you at any time. The on/off switch for the DRL is pretty cool as well...leave them on for the stealth look at day or turn them off..

I was impressed with the new headliner design and fit. It has the nice stitching down the center to match the seats stictching and has a little more design to it, not just a plain headliner as prior. The rougher ride of the older suspension is gone, still firm, but now enjoyable for under 45mph city driving. The happy loose end and quick fish tail of the 2010 MY is gone and the control of the car and re-action with the steering and the rear coming around is gone, replaced in 10 fold increased in control and sensiable handling over the 2010MY.

This car was also equiped with the $750 "light option", which at first note WHY.? But not only does it have the LED lights that light up your motor under it's glass show case..BUT it has LED lights in the bottom of the doors as well as the foot wells..this is a very very nice feature at night..you open the door and you can see where your feet go and it really lights up the ground your exiting to..kind of gives the car a "Red carpet" entrance anytime you exit and it illuminates all around the undeside as well as the cool V10 under the Glass. Also nice that if you wish, with the touch of the remote, it will light it up the engine bay till you hit the lock feature again..a great conversation piece for around the car at night and doubles as a lighted picnic table as well..LOL

The Bi-color is really striking on the car, paint of top quailty and makes the lines n the car just so much crisper and gives it tha ready to "take off" haunch look. You almost view it as Buggatti Veryon with the rich Gloss black roof and bright Blue metalic paint scheme, matched to its Black interior leather with contrasting body color blue stitching...very very rich looking and classy.

I was truly amazed at this differences and changes for MY 2010 to MY 2011...ALL for the better for around 200K!

I think it is one of the best kept secrets out there..for the money...what a bargin for a new Exotic car today.

If your looking for one, get a hold of me, can hook you up with a great deal!

Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2011, 06:47 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
Wow, that car is gorgeous!!

Great write up, thanks for sharing.

Bish

Old 05-30-2011, 07:14 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
I'd like to see UGR do one of these!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:35 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
That is a beautiful color combo, enjoy in good health.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:51 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DarrinB
I'd like to see UGR do one of these!
Same here. Hell, I'm getting tempted to do it myself!!

Roy, now that you drove it, how do you think this car would respond to a TT setup?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:09 AM
LBJ23 is on a distinguished road
Do you have any pictures of the engine bay lighting at night? I'd be interested to see what that looks like