Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

[Photoshoot] LP550-2/Audi R8/Model - Teasers!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 PM
film-student has a spectacular aura aboutfilm-student has a spectacular aura about
[Photoshoot] LP550-2/Audi R8/Model - Teasers!

Hey Everyone,

Had a great shoot with an R8 and LP550-2 Balboni today!

This time, had a model with a little less experience, but she did good for a first timer.

Here are some UNEDITED teasers, stay tuned for the full shoot!

Check out my Ferrari 458 Italia/Porsche Turbo Shoot here as well!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ini-model.html

Attached Images     

Last edited by film-student; 07-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
Needs major fill light. Avoid shooting at high noon next time

Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
very good advice...your pics should pop...they don't because of the lighting...morning or evening...mid day is only good for shooting tequila

ps...your pics on flickr are far superior, although some could still benefit from some fill...these look like what not to do...you holding out on us?

Old 07-31-2011, 05:01 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Not to be rude but I could have taken these pics. with my point and shoot.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:27 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
looking forward to more pics, great cars etc. !

Old 07-31-2011, 06:50 PM
film-student has a spectacular aura aboutfilm-student has a spectacular aura about
thanks for the feedback, everyone! that's why i put these up.

i don't agree that you could re-create these pics with a point and shoot, but i do agree they are not the best.

that being said, the main reason i put these pictures up is for the content. while feedback is appreciated re: the photography, this is an automotive website and the pictures were taken to share the cars.

so if you are going to post about the cars, please feel free to do so!

if you want to give me feedback re: the photography please look for my posts on photography forums, or PM me. i do appreciate constructive criticism.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:09 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ORYX
Not to be rude but I could have taken these pics. with my point and shoot.
, give the guy a break....lol

Old 08-01-2011, 06:03 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
The R8 looks like a TT next to the Gallardo :-)

Old 08-01-2011, 10:39 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by film-student

i don't agree that you could re-create these pics with a point and shoot, but i do agree they are not the best.

that being said, the main reason i put these pictures up is for the content. while feedback is appreciated re: the photography, this is an automotive website and the pictures were taken to share the cars.

so if you are going to post about the cars, please feel free to do so!

if you want to give me feedback re: the photography please look for my posts on photography forums, or PM me. i do appreciate constructive criticism.
Sorry dude but anything you post on the net is open to criticism. You can't just ask people to criticise what you want and not the rest. Well, you can ask but people are going to do what they want.

The pics are cool but nothing special. That goes for quality and content. I don't want to give details because you've already hinted you're not really interested in the truth.

Again, cool pics.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
NICE PICTURES.

Keep em coming

Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 PM
V-10 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 512bb

Old 08-01-2011, 04:45 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 512bb

u mean the "TTs" next to the Gallardo?!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 PM
nelsmar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by film-student

Those look exactly like a point and shoot, or a prosumer camera with a large aperture for the 1 photo that had some DOF (although it was completely out of focus).

Your flick stuff has been better but your other scenes happened to be in shade & ideal light. Looks like you need to work on your timing a bit.

As to your comment about point and shoots. OH yes these are easily point and shoot quality, and there is much better that could be. Remember the difference between a point and shoot and an SLR is sensor size, for better sensitivity in low light. And ability to remove lens and install one with a larger aperture and higher quality glass for sharpness. You are not showing DOF, nor sharpness, nor are you in a low light situation where you needed the low light benefit of a larger sensor. So the "benefit" of your SLR is completely off grid at this point.

This is a photo taken by Sean Klingelhoefer using a point and shoot. Yes a POINT AND SHOOT:

As you can see it has a long depth of field, so that removes 1 aspect of using a high end camera. Second point it is in a well lit area, meaning the sensor size is minimal. What it really comes down to is using your raw data / bracketed photo to your full potential and knowing how to adjust your aperture to the proper depth of field for what you want.

You should also look into some higher power strobes (with mobile power supply) if you want to shoot around noon, and then shoot into the sun like you did. Otherwise shoot from the other side so the shadow is behind the car. If you are using strobes you can use the sun as a rim light, and get some cool shadows.

Here is an example of a photo i took:

I was shooting into the shadow which during this hours and standard jpeg conversion on any camera would make the bumper nearly black (i can show you a standard jpeg conversion from camera, vs my raw). ALl that was done was raw processing -> jpeg and i used 2x alien bee AB800 strobes in this photo. As you can see the shadows are filled in balanced, but still showing shadow, the shadow on the ground is filled in, but i still keep proper contrast in the subject matter.

So yes, it doesn't matter wtf camera you are using. I could do this (and have) using a point and shoot using an optical slave to fire my flash.

If you want to stop getting your feelings hurt that someone talked about a point and shoot camera and want some actual productive criticism feel free to hit me up!

P.S. I registered on this forum just to post back because of the point and shoot comment lol.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM
nelsmar is on a distinguished road
Oh and to add that porsche was actually shot thru a window in a showroom with horrible lighting, then edited and dropped onto the scene. Both pictures were shot with the same point and shoot.

Its about editing, knowing how to operate your camera, and learning how to manipulate the light you have available with you (if your like me, its what light you brought with you :P)

Old 08-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
My post wasn't to hate, and we're all just on here to give advice.

We all shot crappy stuff like this when we first started, but thought our photos were hot stuff because we threw in a blond haired girl.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Photoshoot] LP550-2/Audi R8/Model - Teasers!