Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing Takes the 60-130 Record Back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:34 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Underground Racing Takes the 60-130 Record Back

Hey guys, below is an email from Kevin at Underground Racing. He asked me to post this as I have the verified DBN files and have included them below his text.

I have never spent much time messing around with getting 60-130 times. We ran a 3.5 a couple of years ago when we were testing the Nera at the 1/4 mile track. It did the 3.5 60-130 when it ran the 9.1 @ 169 mph pass on street tires. The Nera back then only made 1300 whp. So fast forward to last week. Some of my customers started calling me telling me I needed to go take the 60-130 mph back from the GTR's. I didn't really think we needed to, as I think on the street from a roll a GTR isn't going to touch one of our high-powered TT Gallardos.

So today, KC and I took out Bob Helms' car to check the tune on the street with race gas before it heads home. I asked KC to grab a V box. This is a fully loaded Superleggera. Nothing has been removed, and we were on street tires, Toyo R888's. This is a stage 3 car that is advertised at 1,250 whp on race gas with our street clutch. As all my customers know, that is a very underrated power figure relative to what the Stage 3 is capable of. On the 1,250 whp setting we did a 3.7 60-130 going up a hill. Not just a little hill either. Once we got to a road where it was a bit more flat, but still just a bit of incline, we found a good safe spot, and we turned the power up. We clocked a 3.04 60-130 mph!!

At that point we headed back. KC took a look at the file and said it all looked good, from there we sent it to Peter Blach and he verified it. Now the file has been sent to Scott (Divexxtreme) at 6speedonline for final verification.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:21 PM
YOKED GTS is on a distinguished road
Way to go guyz!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
mrslay will become famous soon enoughmrslay will become famous soon enough
Great work! Now get a Vbox in the Nera and break the record again.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
No really stop! I need one of these cars............

Awesome job UGR.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 PM
jmlinmn is on a distinguished road
I'm telling you right now, I'm "new" here, but I'm going to absolutely buy one of these UGR Gallardo TTs... they are simply amazing.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
unreal, congrats to UGR for not only breaking the record that was set on dr's with a prepped surface, but breaking the record on the street with street tires!

they are in a league of their own.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarrinB
unreal, congrats to UGR for not only breaking the record that was set on dr's with a prepped surface, but breaking the record on the street with street tires!

they are in a league of their own.
Not taking anything away from this mind-boggling time, but a couple points:

R888s are no more 'street tires' than DRs are. They are both very sticky 'street legal' tires that hook extremely well (both on the street and the strip) when they are hot. The difference is in the sidewall stiffness, which allows DRs to wrinkle very slightly during the launch in order to get more 'bite' out of the hole (slicks are softer and wrinkle even more).

Also, there's a big difference between pulling 60-130 times from 1/4 mile runs and performing dedicated 60-130 runs. For example, my fastest 60-130 time in my RWD 996TT was done on NT01's on the street, which are r-compounds just like R888s. Best street time for that car was 4.67, but the best time on a dragstrip during my fastest 1/4 mile run was 5.28 at MIR. Same thing goes for my Z06 when it was stock; best 60-130 at the strip was a 8.5, best on the street during a dedicated 60-130 run was a 7.8.

I'll get some runs in my car on the street with the R888s very soon. I'm certainly not claiming that I'll beat 3.04, since my car is 200 lbs heavier and makes 300whp less....but, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-16-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

R888s are no more 'street tires' than DRs are. They are both very sticky 'street legal' tires that hook extremely well (both on the street and the strip) when they are hot. The difference is in the sidewall stiffness, which allows DRs to wrinkle very slightly during the launch in order to get more 'bite' out of the hole (slicks are softer and wrinkle even more).

Also, there's a big difference between pulling 60-130 times from 1/4 mile runs and performing dedicated 60-130 runs. For example, my fastest 60-130 time in my RWD 996TT was done on NT01's on the street, which are r-compounds just like R888s. Best street time for that car was 4.67, but the best time on a dragstrip during my fastest 1/4 mile run was 5.28 at MIR. Same thing goes for my Z06 when it was stock; best 60-130 at the strip was a 8.5, best on the street during a dedicated 60-130 run was a 7.8.

I'll get some runs in my car on the street with the R888s very soon. I'm certainly not claiming that I'll beat 3.04, since my car is 200 lbs heavier and makes 300whp less....but, we'll see how it goes.
any record can be broken, we should know that by now with everything that has taken place over the past month

look forward to hearing back from you after you swap out the tires. good luck.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future

Agree with all.

Either way, congrats to UGR for an amazing accomplishment!

Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Riceater is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe if I save for like the next 10 years...

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
great run!!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !

my best 60-130 has been at the Texas Mile and I hit it like a 1/4. Just sayin'

Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by jbsteven
my best 60-130 has been at the Texas Mile and I hit it like a 1/4. Just sayin'
Wasn't sayin' it never happens. You and a few others that I can think of off the top of my head have had their best times on either the Mile or a dragstrip. But out of the hundreds of files I've verified covering all 3 venues, the large majority are fastest when doing a dedicated 60-130 run. If you haven't tried it, you should once it cools down. You might be surprised.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:22 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
What's most impressive to me about this run is that it was done with a passenger and on a slight incline.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing Takes the 60-130 Record Back