Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo Bulbs and Light Source

Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Bumblellardo is on a distinguished road
Gallardo Bulbs and Light Source

All,

Does anybody know a quick reference for the Gallardo Taillight bulbs, license plate bulbs etc. Wanted to do a replacement to LED for the license plate and not home to check it right now..

Old 10-24-2011, 05:16 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I don't have the numbers off hand but here are a couple of things you should consider.

I heard some LED lights swaps result in light errors on the dash. You may want to check which ones do/don't.

The license plate light is really hard to remove. The cover is hard to get off. Taillight should be easier and you should have that in your tool kit.

IMO, not really worth the trouble.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by djantlive
I don't have the numbers off hand but here are a couple of things you should consider.

I heard some LED lights swaps result in light errors on the dash. You may want to check which ones do/don't.

The license plate light is really hard to remove. The cover is hard to get off. Taillight should be easier and you should have that in your tool kit.

IMO, not really worth the trouble.

Hmm, good call.. thanks for the post. I know what you mean about bulb-out errors and codes.. For my 997 GT3 I purchased a custom LED setup that purposefully was configured to control the error codes so unless I find something a long those lines it will be possibly more hassle than its worth.. but I guess I'll be the guinea-pig on this topic. I'll see if I can find more info on popping off the license plate cover.. I already founds some info for the taillight removal at www.lamboweb.com

Old 10-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Wave is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bumblellardo
Hmm, good call.. thanks for the post. I know what you mean about bulb-out errors and codes.. For my 997 GT3 I purchased a custom LED setup that purposefully was configured to control the error codes so unless I find something a long those lines it will be possibly more hassle than its worth.. but I guess I'll be the guinea-pig on this topic. I'll see if I can find more info on popping off the license plate cover.. I already founds some info for the taillight removal at www.lamboweb.com
Email the guys at http://www.v-leds.com . I had then go through my car and install LEDS all around. They should know all the bulb types. Also, I haven't thrown any codes yet.

Codes happen because the LEDs use so much less current than a standard bulb. Then the car checks to see if the bulb is burnt out, it checks the current threw the bulb. On some cars if it detects say 1W instead of 10W (what a normal bulb might use) it'll throw a code. It's not a big deal to add a resistor to up the current usage so you don't get a code. That being said, I didn't have any issues with codes.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Wave
Email the guys at http://www.v-leds.com . I had then go through my car and install LEDS all around. They should know all the bulb types. Also, I haven't thrown any codes yet.

Codes happen because the LEDs use so much less current than a standard bulb. Then the car checks to see if the bulb is burnt out, it checks the current threw the bulb. On some cars if it detects say 1W instead of 10W (what a normal bulb might use) it'll throw a code. It's not a big deal to add a resistor to up the current usage so you don't get a code. That being said, I didn't have any issues with codes.

I just emailed them to find out if they knew. I checked sylvania's bulb guide site and lamborghini's weren't even listed...

Old 10-30-2011, 12:43 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Make sure you get SMD LEDs

I have changed door seal, front trunk, license plate with white LEDs in past, with successful result! (most of them were regular peanut bulbs, license plate LEDs were once off from 09 Audi s5)

Old 10-31-2011, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
Make sure you get SMD LEDs

I have changed door seal, front trunk, license plate with white LEDs in past, with successful result! (most of them were regular peanut bulbs, license plate LEDs were once off from 09 Audi s5)
Az,

Thanks for the info on that.. I have my bulbs from my 09' Audi S5 as well! Can you give details on how to pop off the license plate lights?

Old 11-02-2011, 12:27 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I think They pry open from the middle..

But easier way would be take the center grill in the back bumper (t-15 I think..) you get access from top to pop it easier. I didn't wanted to break any clips or scratch paint.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
I think They pry open from the middle..

But easier way would be take the center grill in the back bumper (t-15 I think..) you get access from top to pop it easier. I didn't wanted to break any clips or scratch paint.

Awesome.. I'm going to do the inquiry and then post a quick how to online on how to do this and what bulb works for sure based on what I get. Thanks for that info. Makes sense! Pics to come.