Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Sold the UGR TT 6-Speed Gallardo and Bought a..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sold the UGR TT 6-Speed Gallardo and Bought a..........

.............2008 Gallardo Superleggerra, that happens to be at UGR getting the stage 3 TT kit. I had the opportunity to drive my good friend Bob Helms SL a few months ago and I was sold. That thing felt as fast on 10 psi of boost as mine did at 15 psi of boost, and that's all it took. A combination of gearing, 300 lbs less weight and the UGR proprietary shift program account for that.

The car that I bought comes with a story. In January 2011 Jamie Carter asked me to go look at a yellow SL that was at Lambo Houston getting some service work done. He was in the market and wanted to buy it. So, off I went...took 30+ pics and Jamie ended up buying the car. He shipped the car from Houston to UGR and within a week found a white SL and bought that. Kevin at UGR bought the yellow SL from Jamie and kept it for himself and subsequently built the white SL for Jamie. Well, fast fwd to a month ago...Kevin was building the car for a customer (yellow SL) and the deal fell through. I swooped in and now own a 2008 yellow SL. Car should be home in a month or two and is VERY clean. It has 2900 miles on the odometer. As for my style...I never thought I would own a yellow car, but here I am, the owner of a yellow SL.

I will update this thread with pics and progress on the build. In the meantime here are pics from January 2011 when I went to look at the car for Jamie:

The car will have the wheels painted black and the calipers yellow as well as tail lights and markers blacked out like this:

Here is where Kevin is with the build...motor DONE, tranny DONE...turbo kit next:

Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Very nice. And I like the styling of the 1st run Gallardo then model refresh.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Justin Kresty is on a distinguished road
Congrats! A head turner for sure.

I love Jamie's white Lambo, actually most the cars Jamie has, or had. Being a Cleveland native I get the pleasure of seeing his pics posted on local forums.

Justin Kresty

Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
What a great story. Enjoy it and don't forget you can always get it painted :-)

Old 12-11-2011, 11:46 AM
RacyMan is infamous around these parts
Truly a terrible swiftness in those TT SL's. Congrats!!

Old 12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Bkthunderkatz is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Lovely car! If I were to ever get a Twin Turbo Lambo, it would be an SL!

Old 12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Congrats bro!! Looks good.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Bolt-OnM3 is on a distinguished road
So, a stage "3" SL e-gear is faster then a 6spd stage "R"?
j/c
beautiful car bro!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:13 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
The manual tranny purist has gone EGear Nice SL Peter! I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
That is absolutely amazing. Congrats. That is one elite category of automobiles.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Can't complain about a good deal. Congrats Peter!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Canderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the rough
Very nice SL, i cant wait to see it in action.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:54 AM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Peter! Can't wait to see her all done!

Old 12-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bolt-OnM3
So, a stage "3" SL e-gear is faster then a 6spd stage "R"?
j/c
beautiful car bro!

No, R version is a lot faster with a good 6 speed driver.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:48 AM
ZO6ER is on a distinguished road
Nice upgrade. Yellow sucks on most cars (porsche,vette etc) but this one really sits well that way. Sick choice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold the UGR TT 6-Speed Gallardo and Bought a..........