Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Daniels (DVH) 2005 Gallardo Twin Turbo makes 900+ on 93 octane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Daniels (DVH) 2005 Gallardo Twin Turbo makes 900+ on 93 octane

First of all special thanks for Daniel for letting us build his 2005 Gallardo Twin Turbo. Its had a few changes along during the build process and the vehicle came out great. He recently upgraded to a built engine package at Stage 2 and the car made 913rwhp on 93 octane when it was very hot outside. Subsequently it made 1160rwhp on C16 and we didn't push it harder since we were worried about the clutch holding prior to him flying in to take it for a test drive.

Here is a quick video of the dyno

[/URL]

The car has been at a few cars show's the past weeks, its been a big hit at every show we've taken it to.

Last edited by titannero; 02-29-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 PM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
There is talk on the forum that you guys ended up having some type of problem with your kit ? Is there any information that you are able to share with the problems and what you have done to solve them ? 913 whp is no joke and looking forward to how your higher stages hold up. Good luck with your progression.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
01blacks4 will become famous soon enough
looks good.

also, not to add to the "rumors" of engine issues but the turbo "kit" cant blow an engine or cause failure.

really the only thing that can do that is tuning.

even a crappy "kit" can be tuned to work...its not till you try and push the line that tuning makes things sketchy.

i have heard that there have been plenty of v10 that bent rods stock...so ya never know... it could have gone before or after FI

Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
It's not a rumor. Nero is a master of the deflect and spin marketing plan. I've never understood it since it just promotes more distrust and more rumors when you don't shoot straight. Daniel has also learned this lesson a few different times!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
No problems so far, I can give credit to tuners who did Lambo kits before us as it's not as simple as other applications. We've done a few minor changes on our kits along the way, but all have been cosmetic, nothing functional. The others on the boards like to either bash a competitor in the market or try to sway clients away. Unlike the Supra market where most are friendly the Lamborghini market tends to be a lot more about business then the community. Our kits are good, deliver fast and produce good horsepower; we use the best materials and equipment in our builds.

Originally Posted by bmwtek
There is talk on the forum that you guys ended up having some type of problem with your kit ? Is there any information that you are able to share with the problems and what you have done to solve them ? 913 whp is no joke and looking forward to how your higher stages hold up. Good luck with your progression.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned
MEGA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by titannero
No problems so far, I can give credit to tuners who did Lambo kits before us as it's not as simple as other applications. We've done a few minor changes on our kits along the way, but all have been cosmetic, nothing functional. The others on the boards like to either bash a competitor in the market or try to sway clients away. Unlike the Supra market where most are friendly the Lamborghini market tends to be a lot more about business then the community. Our kits are good, deliver fast and produce good horsepower; we use the best materials and equipment in our builds.

Can you go into detail on what happened with DVH's apparent engine failure? I wont get into names, but one that posts at supraforums that saw DVH's car at your shop and heard a different story.... Either way, I'm getting two very conflicting stories here...

Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 PM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
It's not a rumor. Nero is a master of the deflect and spin marketing plan. I've never understood it since it just promotes more distrust and more rumors when you don't shoot straight. Daniel has also learned this lesson a few different times!
I'm not taking sides but are there any solid sources that can prove your claims ? I just think it is only fair that Nero speak for his own company. Although I think UGR runs the game when it comes to TT G's, I think it is great for the competition to step up and show what they've got. I also think that Titan is bringing some serious cars into the scene and am looking forward to what they release in the future and how they do during TX2K12.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by MEGA
Can you go into detail on what happened with DVH's apparent engine failure? I wont get into names, but one that posts at supraforums that saw DVH's car at your shop and heard a different story.... Either way, I'm getting two very conflicting stories here...
I have not heard any stories, I have only seen another thread that said that Titan was having problems with their TT G. I think it would be better for people to know what happened and have Nero chime in also before this turns into a bigger thing. I know people making claims on your product hurts ones ego but it should also be known information. That is just my opinion.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I know people making claims on your product hurts ones ego but it should also be known information. That is just my opinion.
I agree... vendors promoting their products to forum members here should have some level of tranparency. If they stand behind their products and services and would like to use these forums as a way to market 30-100K kits then I think that full disclosure should be a given. Every tuner will have challenges along the way. Just because they blow up one engine does not mean they will blow up more.

These forums are here for us to find out the successes and failures of both enthusiasts and companies. Failures are not nessesarily a bad thing if you learn from them. They are only bad if they are ignored and or flat out denied... IMHO....

Old 03-01-2012, 02:30 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by titannero
No problems so far.
You are slippery Nero and I know you well enough to know you are literally interpreting 'so far' to mean the current motor in the car. Are you telling the 6speed community that this Gallardo and/or this customer has never experienced an engine failure when using your bolt-on turbo kit?

Frankly, I never thought it was a big deal, many of us have blown **** up when learning new combinations. But I can't stand dealing with people where you have to constantly read between the lines of what is carefully worded or verbally stated. That's why I stopped working with you awhile back.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not taking sides but are there any solid sources that can prove your claims?
The customer, Daniel Van Hoozer, told friends what happened within weeks of delivery and has not been seen driving the car since.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
The customer, Daniel Van Hoozer, told friends what happened within weeks of delivery and has not been seen driving the car since.
If that is true I think Nero should release some type of information regarding their newly developed kit, just because they've had a problem doesn't mean it isn't a good product. I just think its better to be honest and show that they have made a solution so that their product is showing its quality yet again. Things always go wrong and I think hiding it and people finding out the hard way just sheds some unwanted negativity towards the brand, and based on the builds in the past they have done I am sure a shop of that tier wouldn't want that.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
lol so assuming they had a problem with the kit on this car (2 parties know for sure, titan and the customer, the rest is heresay)...you really think he has ANYTHING to gain by laying it all out here?

We all know the hordes of UGR fanboys would be all over it like stink on ****. It would be a feeding frenzy.

He is damned either way. Either he stays quiet, hopes it fades away/haters lose interest or he talks about it on an open forum and gets flamed to a crisp.

There are obviously people that have an axe to grind with Titan and will do everything they can to bash them and slander them....no matter how Titan handles the situation.

That leads to something that Nero hit on...it surprises me just how nasty and personal the lambo modding business is. It's like people have this perception that only 1 company is allowed to TT a freakin gallardo and any company that dares to step into that business is flamed and slandered right off the bat, no matter who there are what they build.

I don't have a dog in the fight either way...just some observations.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
lol so assuming they had a problem with the kit on this car (2 parties know for sure, titan and the customer, the rest is heresay)...you really think he has ANYTHING to gain by laying it all out here?

We all know the hordes of UGR fanboys would be all over it like stink on ****. It would be a feeding frenzy.

He is damned either way. Either he stays quiet, hopes it fades away/haters lose interest or he talks about it on an open forum and gets flamed to a crisp.

There are obviously people that have an axe to grind with Titan and will do everything they can to bash them and slander them....no matter how Titan handles the situation.

That leads to something that Nero hit on...it surprises me just how nasty and personal the lambo modding business is. It's like people have this perception that only 1 company is allowed to TT a freakin gallardo and any company that dares to step into that business is flamed and slandered right off the bat, no matter who there are what they build.

I don't have a dog in the fight either way...just some observations.
Agree Nero and Daniel were both in a no win situation, but there's a difference between lying/covering something up and just staying quiet....

Old 03-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
Since Jamie Carter must have clarity, ther have been no issues with our Turbo Kits. The Stage1 kit uses the factory engine and there were no issues with the kit. The engine did break a rod, fortunately it was not disasterous as some of the other shops. Daniel inbetween bought a 2nd Gallardo as he was already planning on building another one. We had numerious discussions between myself and Daniel, so some delay happened, as Daniel stated by the time a decisionw as made we had the car finished within 2 weeks.

I'm not afraid to tell people we hurt motors, The majority of my testing is done in the public at open test and tune days, not at rented or private track days where everything is secretive. As having managed a professional race team, I know that hurting engines and drivetrain components is part of what we do. I even told Daniel its "no big deal" as it can be repaired or replaced no one got hurt. Which is the same statement i told him with the clutch. Within 1 day of Daniel making a decision on the clutch, we had a new clutch in the car.

So you guys are aware the next thing to break will be drivetrain, in respect to the transmission and ring and pinion.

There is talk on the forum that you guys ended up having some type of problem with your kit ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daniels (DVH) 2005 Gallardo Twin Turbo makes 900+ on 93 octane