Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

****Texas Invitational Update****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Worm Boy will become famous soon enoughWorm Boy will become famous soon enough
Exclamation ****Texas Invitational Update****

Just want to say thanks to everyone that helped put on this event. It was the 3rd time running and it ran smooth as ever. I think there were over 60 cars pushing over the 1000rwhp barrier. This was definitely the biggest gathering of high hp street cars. Everything from the classic Camaro/Corvette/Mustang battles to the new exotic Lamborghini/GTR/Porshce/Vipers. Almost every platform you could think of was there.

I am just glad we got the chance to show the world what a Corvette/LSX platform can do. To be able to beat 1500hp plus AWD cars all weekend long was just an amazing accomplishment. The American Corvette once again is on Top of the Street car world.

I will try and post some videos as I can this week. I really need to catch back up at the shop since we have been working on getting the blue vette ready for this past event.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 PM
gandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on your win!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:20 PM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Just want to say thanks to everyone that helped put on this event. It was the 3rd time running and it ran smooth as ever. I think there were over 60 cars pushing over the 1000rwhp barrier. This was definitely the biggest gathering of high hp street cars. Everything from the classic Camaro/Corvette/Mustang battles to the new exotic Lamborghini/GTR/Porshce/Vipers. Almost every platform you could think of was there.

I am just glad we got the chance to show the world what a Corvette/LSX platform can do. To be able to beat 1500hp plus AWD cars all weekend long was just an amazing accomplishment. The American Corvette once again is on Top of the Street car world.

I will try and post some videos as I can this week. I really need to catch back up at the shop since we have been working on getting the blue vette ready for this past event.
Good job guys!

That final race against the GTR was close!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Actually, the closest race we had all weekend was against the Silver T1 GTR but it came in the 2nd round of competition. I think we put a couple more car lengths on the black GTR in the final.

Those GTRs were very impressive. Not taking anything away from the 6 UGR lambos that showed up, because they ran their asses off too. My hat is off to them for showing up and competing. A lot of people like to sit behind a computer and type how fast their car is. It was nice to actually see them out burning rubber like the rest of us.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:44 PM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Actually, the closest race we had all weekend was against the Silver T1 GTR but it came in the 2nd round of competition. I think we put a couple more car lengths on the black GTR in the final.

Those GTRs were very impressive. Not taking anything away from the 6 UGR lambos that showed up, because they ran their asses off too. My hat is off to them for showing up and competing. A lot of people like to sit behind a computer and type how fast their car is. It was nice to actually see them out burning rubber like the rest of us.

Can you post a better video of both of those races?

From the video I saw online, it looks like the final race was won by feet, not car lengths!

Thanks!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 300
Can you post a better video of both of those races?

From the video I saw online, it looks like the final race was won by feet, not car lengths!

Thanks!
then you were looking at a difference race. Gray GTR was the close race and happened early in KOTS. Black GTR race was the finals.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM
t2gallardo is a jewel in the rought2gallardo is a jewel in the rought2gallardo is a jewel in the rought2gallardo is a jewel in the rough
By far the best comp was the GTR's this time around. They were out in full force - also the Okie boys in that blue viper were real tough also. The race with the T1 GTR was our closest comp by far. No one else was that close to us. Vids will be posted later on this week.

Congrats to all TI Staff and Sponsors for puttng on the baddest event in the WORLD. LMR TTVette (Tejano Blue) TI King of the Streets & Corvette Shootout Winner October 2012

Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM
t2gallardo is a jewel in the rought2gallardo is a jewel in the rought2gallardo is a jewel in the rought2gallardo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mullet
then you were looking at a difference race. Gray GTR was the close race and happened early in KOTS. Black GTR race was the finals.
Guys - I posted that vid to show everyone how fast that GTR was and how close he was to (TB) LMR TTVette. I'll go on the record and say that the T1 Matte Grey GTR was the 2nd fastest car at the event - his problem was Tejano Blue.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
gandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura about
Did Ray's (Peak) white UGR TT SL show for this event?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Wormboy, how fast of an ET and MPH has your Corvette done in the 1/4 mile?

How much power were you running to go 186 MPH at this event, thanks!

Old 10-15-2012, 03:29 PM
If I may add to "300"'s question, what speed does the race start from?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor
Yes, we won every event and $ we could.

Finished 1st Place in Corvette shootout- over 15 cars entered

Finished 1st Place in KOTS event- over 45 cars entered

Won $ for Highest MPH at the event, 209mph on saturday(clocks were not correct) and 191mph on sunday.

Semi Final race against 1500hp plus Viper

Final Race against T1 GTR

Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Wow. Sick vid Worm boy. That Vette is no joke. Man when 1500hp is just not enough. You put quite a few lengths on last events runner up. Did he let up toward the end or did you pull him that hard? Veni vidi veci congrats.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 PM
jhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nice
Sounds like it was a great event Would love to see some more pics of the blue vette. Congrats to LMR, i justwatched those vids and the acceleration is -sick- Maybe you guys need to up your bandwidth because I bet your website is about to get slammed with potential customers.

Last edited by jhbchess; 10-15-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by t2gallardo
Guys - I posted that vid to show everyone how fast that GTR was and how close he was to (TB) LMR TTVette. I'll go on the record and say that the T1 Matte Grey GTR was the 2nd fastest car at the event - his problem was Tejano Blue.

GTR 2nd fastest?

The silver Underground Racing 6 speed Gallardo average runs were faster than the GTR's fastest MPH it ever went. Lets not forget the Gallardo was on R888s when it went the 2nd fastest speed at 189 (correct timing) and most of the Silver Gallardo's passes were at 187. The silver Gallardo was eliminated when he missed 4th gear in KOTS. All the Gallardos were on street tires, R888's other than the silver 6 speed being on Hoosiers a few runs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ****Texas Invitational Update****