Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

My trip to Underground Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
My trip to Underground Racing

Last week I went to hang out at Underground Racing for a couple of days to check out my car which was being finished up and to get a few rides in their other cars. Kevin picked me up at the airport in their 458 TT Ferrari. It was pretty cold out so grip sucked, but that car’s transmission was like no other. He flappy paddled thru 2-4 gears a few times, and you can’t feel it change gears; it feels like a single speed auto. This is their bolt on kit and it felt darn nice. I could see this in a 850hp built motor bulletproof package as being a classy daily. I’d rock it.

We headed to the shop from the airport. We pulled up to this nice looking warehouse complex where UGR has an end section. Driving up there’s a long ramp up to one of the 5 or 6 large roll up doors. This is the large shop you have seen in the pics with the orgy of Lambos all over the place. Shop is VERY nice and very clean. Stacks of tires and wheels line one long wall. Another wall has 25 foot high racks with every kind of take off part you can imagine from a Lambo, all neatly arranged and labeled. Then there are the techs doing, well, what techs do. I hang out for a while and then it’s time to head over to the fab/dyno shop for some fun. This was UGR’s original shop, which has been converted to a fab/dyno shop. All kinds of fab work for turbo kits is happening here….good stuff. Back over to the main shop and walking thru I stop and talk with Matt (UGR’s lead tech) for a while. Very impressive individual, really knows his stuff. Then I went and hung out with Patrick (UGR’s video guy). Can’t say enough about Patrick; also a great guy and always there to help out. Wish I could have an office full of guys like Patrick at my business.

Next day was time for the ride along in the UGR TT Aventador. This is their 1500+ hp built motor car. We had the power set around 1250 (pump gas setting) and went to their area 51 raceway. Kevin did a 20 roll in first and it DEAD hooked thru 4th (I think he wussed out by letting up in 4th as I would have kept it pinned thru 5th….what a wuss). He did a bunch of other pulls from different rolls and it was the same….DEAD hook and go. The feeling this car has with the tons of torque is like no other. QUICK shifts and tons of torque. I’m sold. Keep in mind all these pulls were on STOCK Pirelli tires and it was around 40 degrees outside. When Kevin releases this car and a few get out there and people ride in them, he is going to have a line out the door to buy them from him. I’ll definitely have one sooner or later.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Banning you for no pics lol

Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM
MikeTx is on a distinguished road
no pics for vids???????? awwww come on lol

Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Berto670 is on a distinguished road
This thread suck without videos!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Ziscolp will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mullet
Next day was time for the ride along in the UGR TT Aventador. This is their 1500+ hp built motor car. We had the power set around 1250 (pump gas setting) and went to their area 51 raceway. Kevin did a 20 roll in first and it DEAD hooked thru 4th (I think he wussed out by letting up in 4th as I would have kept it pinned thru 5th….what a wuss). He did a bunch of other pulls from different rolls and it was the same….DEAD hook and go. The feeling this car has with the tons of torque is like no other. QUICK shifts and tons of torque. I’m sold. Keep in mind all these pulls were on STOCK Pirelli tires and it was around 40 degrees outside. When Kevin releases this car and a few get out there and people ride in them, he is going to have a line out the door to buy them from him. I’ll definitely have one sooner or later.

Like we didn't know you were getting one, as soon as Petter said "no Aventador no care" we knew it was just a matter of time, for some reason I knew Kevin would push you over the limit sooner than latter...
By the way can you PM me sponsership info for TI, thanks man...

Old 02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
So they finally have made a 1500+WHP Aventador?? Excited for the official release

Was the Aventador that much better than the G? 1250whp on pump sounds pretty nice, can't imagine what kind of power it will put out in the long run, but I'd imagine 7 second 1/4 miles are in the near future.

Sounds like quite the experience, as a car guy I don't think there is any place cooler.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by iBoost
So they finally have made a 1500+WHP Aventador?? Excited for the official release

Was the Aventador that much better than the G? 1250whp on pump sounds pretty nice, can't imagine what kind of power it will put out in the long run, but I'd imagine 7 second 1/4 miles are in the near future.

Sounds like quite the experience, as a car guy I don't think there is any place cooler.
I don't using the word better is correct. It FEELS better than the G. I like lots of torque and the Aventador has that and DEAD hooks.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor
Speed Syndicate has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Syndicate has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Syndicate has a spectacular aura about
Nice write up Mullet. Sounds like a fun trip!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:36 PM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mullet
I don't using the word better is correct. It FEELS better than the G. I like lots of torque and the Aventador has that and DEAD hooks.
I bet it will really put down the big power really well then, especially if it can hook up 1250whp on OEM tires in cold weather

Old 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM
ZO6ER is on a distinguished road
subtle mullet has the hots for Patrick post....

Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZO6ER
subtle mullet has the hots for Patrick post....
Mullet, you might want to watch out, I think you have a jealous stalker.

Originally Posted by Rob@StrasseForged
Can't wait to see that Aventador!
First post, complimenting a car wearing HRE's. Nice.

All joking aside, it sounds like a fun trip. We'll see what you've got up your sleeve for Eddie shortly. Should be a good race.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 PM
SUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of light
Soooo...This means Jason will have an Aventador at TX2K??

Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
always love reading/hearing/seeing UGR!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Satpoint is on a distinguished road
Where are the pics at? Id love to check that shop out one day, like you said lambo heaven!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My trip to Underground Racing