Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing, Stage 1, Review

Old 08-20-2014, 05:55 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Underground Racing, Stage 1, Review

First off, thanks to all on the forum who pointed me in the direction of UGR. Without going into too much detail, I called and spoke to the "Big Three" shops when I was thinking about this upgrade. I was most impressed with how Kevin answered my questions. I knew this was not a huge upgrade for any of the shops, but Kevin treated me as if I was spending 10X more than I did. That being said, within two weeks of talking to UGR. I found myself taking my car to their shop.
What I really want to explain to others that are on the fence. Is the detail that goes into this. I am a technician by trade, and own a specialty shop in Cincinnati. I am no stranger to cars, or how they are put together. What I got back from UGR blew me away. From the small details, like every wire tie was exactly the same space apart for the other, to the fact that each and every clamp was pointed in the same direction at the exact same angle. There was a paint mark on every bolt that they had touched, making me know it was double if not triple checked... I take a lot of extra steps at my shop, and go the extra mile every day. However, I did not expect to see things like this, I was simply blown away.
Upon pick up of the car... Did I mention this only took 5 weeks!! I took a ride with KC. We went over the operation of the systems, I got to ask some tech questions, and best of all. I got to feel my new boost for the first time.
I have now had the car at home for three weeks. Of which I have had the opportunity to get some seat time. I have taken the skid plates all down, and looked at everything that was installed on the car. I am still amazed at every step of the process. I keep finding new things that were done to the highest standards.
I am amazed with how this car runs. How this car drives. How it idles. How it sounds! Sweet Baby Jesus, this thing sounds amazing. Pulls like a freight train. It is by far, one of the best experiences I have ever had with any company. Hands Down! Kevin, has the best email and text skills I have ever seen too! I really learned a lot and enjoyed the process.
Kevin, KC, Crew. Thanks. You guys did a tremendous job. My only complaint is that now, I want to send it back and go bigger. LOL.
A few pictures from the process.
Leaving the house

Outside, about to be pulled in and changed forever

What I got to see as I walked into the shop after 5 weeks. It was amazing.

I will gladly answer any questions, and would stand up for UGR any day.
Thanks
Mike

Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 AM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
great write up, what were the final power numbers it put down?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:48 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Congratz looks awsome

Old 08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
jomama will become famous soon enoughjomama will become famous soon enough
sweet looking car, and now with some sweeter mechanics under the boot. 5 wks...ugr has got this down to a science. shoulda gone with at least a 1R build. no one ever stays stg 1 or 2, or 3 for that matter. =)

Old 08-21-2014, 05:09 AM
TwinV10 will become famous soon enoughTwinV10 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jomama
sweet looking car, and now with some sweeter mechanics under the boot. 5 wks...ugr has got this down to a science. shoulda gone with at least a 1R build. no one ever stays stg 1 or 2, or 3 for that matter. =)

Yeah because there is no difference to anyone between a 40K stage 1 and a 150K+ R1 build, genius.
My only issue with a Stage 1 is they don't offer their 2 year warranty on it.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:42 AM
sunburned is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TwinV10
Understandable though. Putting an extra few hundred horsepower through a high-strung, 12.5:1 compression engine doesn't exactly spell longetivity.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 AM
jomama will become famous soon enoughjomama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TwinV10
Yeah because there is no difference to anyone between a 40K stage 1 and a 150K+ R1 build, genius.
relax buddy. someone **** in your coffee this morning? it was a comment made, tongue in cheek...thus the smiley face.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:19 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunburned
Understandable though. Putting an extra few hundred horsepower through a high-strung, 12.5:1 compression engine doesn't exactly spell longetivity.
Yea. Just have to play nice. I'm sure I'll upgrade before she pops. Lol

Mike

Old 08-22-2014, 01:27 PM
sunburned is on a distinguished road
Dude, no question you will enjoy your car at it's current power level. I can't quite imagine driving a 900whp car and saying "meh, could be quicker". Plus, I'm sure UGR can just build on the kit you have now. Once the turbos are on there, all it takes is slowly building the engine and drivetrain, the pushing buttons to up the boost

Congrats man, you are envied by many. Guys like me are saving their pennies just to rent a Lambo in Vegas for a couple hours haha.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
Congrats bud! Car looks great! Put up some videos!

Old 08-26-2014, 10:40 AM
z71amigo is on a distinguished road
Top notch quality as usual. Congrats!

Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Magnificent car and by the looks of it they use military precision in tracking each and every component... good to see... wonder if they use shadow boards for tools like we did back in the Air Force.

Enjoy the ride mate an congrats... soon you will want even MOAR powerrrrrrrrr