Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Headed back to UGR!! Phase two

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 12:34 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Headed back to UGR!! Phase two

Well, there were bets out there that this would not take long. To my surprise, it sure didn't. For those who do not know, last summer, I took my 560-2 and ended up at UGR with a bolt on kit. I had only had the car for 500 miles, when I went with the upgrade. The transformation of the car is hard to put into words. It surpassed my every expectation, and I was blown away with not only the car... But with Kevin at Underground Racing.

Fast forward to January of this year. The kit has been driven about 1000 miles, and I decide to take the car to Wanna Go Fast in Ocala Florida. The car did very well for the class of car that it was up against. I venture to say there was not a car in my power range, that was rear drive, and a manual transmission that was any faster than me. The car was great running 177.2 as my fastest time. I never even iced the intercooler box down. Just ran the car as it sits in my garage. I had VP109 unleaded in, and it was a blast. I know that the car would have went 180 with me shifting better, and a little cooler charge temps...

Having the opportunity to hang out in the pits with UGR... The stupid fast Black SL, the also stupid fast Yellow SL... I knew it was not going to be long until I wanted a little bump in power too...
[/url]
[/url]
[/url]
So, here we are. Two weeks after the event, and I decided it was time to upgrade. I emailed Kevin... He knew it was coming. Time to go faster. How much faster you ask?? Well, currently. This is our game plan.

We are building the car to a Stage 3 with race heads. Going to install a complete AWD system ( More on this in a minute ) and do the suppression system, harness bars/partial cage, and maybe a shift light to keep me off the rev limiter

I was very torn about going AWD on this car. Running the stock tires, or the Toyo R888 I have had not one ounce of trouble with traction. The MoTec does all the work for me and keeps that boost lower in the lower gears. However, being that I want to race this car more often, it was a joint decision that with the lack of traction at runways, and the higher HP/TQ numbers this car will make. It was in the name of safety that we went AWD. I would not for a second think twice about going RWD with a stage 3, but I know there is more power around the corner, so just doing it now while the motor is out, made sense.

So, there you have it. I am sure this thread will get updated soon. As the car is currently at UGR and has been for around 10 days. Knowing Kevin, the engine is already out and at the machine shop. That outfit knows how to turn cars. For those of you who have your cars currently there, I said hi to all of them for you. My wife and I are like kids at the toy store when we are there. It is simply amazing.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Unloading at the shop.
[/url]
[/url]
For now this is all I have. Thanks to Dustin ( Duhawks ) and his advice I have relied upon. You're next buddy..
Mike

Old 03-02-2015, 12:08 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Be interested to hear your thoughts once you go to AWD versus the current RWD set up

Kudos on having a 6MT... they're a dying breed sadly

Congrats on a well thought out set up and upgrade sequence

Old 03-02-2015, 05:00 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
congrats on your new 2R

Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
It is a very dangerous slope and appears that you are sliding down it very rapidly but underground has probably the best reputation of any aftermarket tuner. So with this I give you congratulations and my only question that I have for you is will your car remain rear wheel drive?
Sincerely,
Robert

Old 03-04-2015, 02:23 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
The easiest way to save weight...

Old 03-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
SoloMotorsports will become famous soon enoughSoloMotorsports will become famous soon enough
I saw your car running at ocala... our car (blue B5 S4) lined up next to you once while we were shaking down the new setup and had to lift early (trapping in the mid 140's.)
Your car is a beast, can't wait to see you running the new setup.

Last edited by SoloMotorsports; 03-26-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:39 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
There is a white SL E-Gear AWD car at UGR now that is done and could be yours.
You should enquire about it. (Owner = AtomicZ on this board)
MK

Old 03-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by SoloMotorsports
I saw your car running at ocala... our car (blue B5 S4) lined up next to you once while we were shaking down the new setup and had to lift early (trapping in the mid 140's.)
Your car is a beast, can't wait to see you running the new setup.

ocala 2015 - YouTube

Hey thanks for sharing... I am signed up for VA and GA...

You guys coming?

Mike

Old 03-27-2015, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
SoloMotorsports will become famous soon enoughSoloMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by svoshop
Hey thanks for sharing... I am signed up for VA and GA...

You guys coming?

Mike
Yeah we will be at GA in May and likely Florida again if they do one at the end of the year.
Hopefully with a pair of 800whp 2.7t's that will put up 170's. Maybe we can get a rematch

Wait till you see our Bmw e30 with the s54 turbo swap. It's a circuit car but we will probably run that for fun.

Hopefully we have our shop 997 ready for Florida near the end of the year too.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Hey thanks for sharing... I am signed up for VA and GA... You guys coming? Mike
Hey Mike! I hope to see you in VA!

Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Where and when is the VA event???

Old 03-30-2015, 04:52 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gunther
Where and when is the VA event???
Hot Springs (the Homestead) in early May I believe.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by LeoLambo
Hey Mike! I hope to see you in VA!
As long as I'm done... I am booked already.

If you're going send me a pm. I'll give you my cell. We can meet up

But beware. You will leave with an appt at UGR

mike

Old 04-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
As long as I'm done... I am booked already. If you're going send me a pm. I'll give you my cell. We can meet up But beware. You will leave with an appt at UGR mike
Lol I already have one ;-) PM sent