Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Warning about AMS Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 06:37 PM
BigTDogg (MA) is on a distinguished road
Warning about AMS Canada

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to give you a heads up about AMS Canada, which is in no way affiliated with AMS of Chicago. AMS Canada has been knocking off Z car parts for nearly a decade now, and they've moved on to other platforms now. And they're cashing in on AMS Performance's stellar reputation to do so.

Below is a link to a Lamborghini owner's brake failure, caused by brand new AMS Canada pads:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1146...2854583821482/

In case you can't read the post (closed group)

Has anyone had experience with their (AMS Canada) Carbon Ceramic brake pads?
I met Vuk at the track, so he knows I track my car (not racing, just Drivers Ed / Lapping Days). He told us that his brake pads were "better than OEM" and "He uses them on his Gallardo" so I bought a set. First track day out they literally disintegrated as soon as the brakes got up to temperature. I lost all braking and literally could have died.
His response? "The website clearly states they are for street only. Track use is abuse and voids all warranty". I didn't buy from his website, I bought from him personally, so I never saw that disclaimer.

This is what was left of the pads after two 10 minute sessions.

I posted here 3 years ago to warn of this company, but we still need to work harder to get the word out. They are a garbage company, and don't deserve anyone's money.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3431815

So hopefully everyone knows the deal, spread the word and let's keep the aftermarket safe and fun!

Best,
Tony