Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

David Huang's 1,000 HP Lexus IS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:21 PM
MasonBlanche will become famous soon enough
David Huang's 1,000 HP Lexus IS

Good article from Lexus Magazine about David Huang's modified 1,000 HP Lexus IS. It cost him 100K to build. I like the engine detail. What do you guys think?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-09-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: may not self promote as a registered user
Old 04-09-2010, 03:26 PM
c2gta is on a distinguished road
I might get flamed for saying this; and I usually don't criticize people, but that's the stupidest way you can spend 100K, especially in these trying economic times.

Even if this guy is a multi-millionaire and has money to blow, why in the world would you spend 100K to modify an automatic IS that is not even the current IS model?

Hopefully i meet this guy one day, so i understand how his mind works, or doesn't.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:08 PM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
probably just loves his car.

you can probably think that same thing about me. i spent 70k on my 94 supra

Old 04-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Don't be a Debbie Downer , he can afford it and I am sure he loves the car.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:40 PM
akeosh is on a distinguished road
Same reason why a comic book collector would spend $100,000 on a single comic book he loves comics just like this guy loves his IS.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by casper

And I thought I had a lot in my Supra.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by casper

I would understand for a Supra, but for an everyday IS? I just don't get it.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by akeosh
Same reason why a comic book collector would spend $100,000 on a single comic book he loves comics just like this guy loves his IS.

How are you comparing a 100K comic book to a IS? That comic book would most likely appreciate in value. As for the IS, it'll just depreciate like a rock.

Your analogy is a bit off.

Way to go jumping on the bandwagon w/ your 1st post.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Getting back on topic. Are there any more photos/videos? Looks like a very meticulous build on the car. Interested to see more

Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
Why does anyone spend money on anything? Because they want to. Doesn't make him stupid. If I wanted to blow $100k on a watch, I could, and that would be my right to do so, same with car modifications. Nobody modifies a car because it makes financial sense, it's because they WANT TO.
Hi Vasily,

Just out of curiosity, would you modify an older model IS for 100k?

As for you question, "Why does anyone spend money on anything?". Not all financial decisions are made by "wanting to". Do i want to pay taxes? Do i want to pay for household bills?

I was thinking you're some big Baller or CEO of a Fortune 500 company, giving the example of "blowing a 100K on a watch". When in fact, you just turned 24 and bum rides off a 6-Speed members. You complain about having to pay for 40 dollar lunches.

Could you buy a 100K watch today? Unlikely.

Would you buy a 100K watch if you had the means? You and I both know that you wouldn't blow a 100K on a watch, so stop trying to reinforce your argument with such a fantastical hypothetical situation.

Sure, it's everyone's right to buy whatever they please, but in this situation, and this is solely my opinion, Mr. Huang stupidly spent 100K.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:42 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone who puts any mod on any car is throwing away money.....but that's what we do.
That's all there is to it. Don't like it, don't hang.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:27 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by c2gta
Hi Vasily,

Just out of curiosity, would you modify an older model IS for 100k?

As for you question, "Why does anyone spend money on anything?". Not all financial decisions are made by "wanting to". Do i want to pay taxes? Do i want to pay for household bills?

I was thinking you're some big Baller or CEO of a Fortune 500 company, giving the example of "blowing a 100K on a watch". When in fact, you just turned 24 and bum rides off a 6-Speed members. You complain about having to pay for 40 dollar lunches.

Could you buy a 100K watch today? Unlikely.

Would you buy a 100K watch if you had the means? You and I both know that you wouldn't blow a 100K on a watch, so stop trying to reinforce your argument with such a fantastical hypothetical situation.

Sure, it's everyone's right to buy whatever they please, but in this situation, and this is solely my opinion, Mr. Huang stupidly spent 100K.
Im sure if we micro-manage the decissions in your life like you are doing to the Lexus owner we will find your deffinition of stupidity there as well. Invariably when someone tears another down for no apparent reason the problem is with the chastizer.

Warren Buffet spent almost 100 million dollars on a futuristic yatch, did that make him stupid? To guys with disposable income on Buffets level and on the Lexus owners level its money well spent as it isnt a burden on them respectively especially if its there HOBBY.

Perspective my friend. To a low income family my purchase of a 350z is stupid to them because they are looking at it through their perspective of whats important use of "their" money. Similarly a guy that owns a Ferrari looks at my 350z as poor mans purchase. Live a little man and relax and let the person living their lives do it as they see fit and you live yours as you see fit. No need to forcefeed others your perspective.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:42 AM
chuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura about
The 100k to that guy might be like 100 dollars to you. So just chill the **** out or don't post. We get your point.

On topic: awesome car. The detail is INCREDIBLE.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by ice350
Anyone who puts any mod on any car is throwing away money.....but that's what we do.
That's all there is to it. Don't like it, don't hang.
I'm all for mods, don't get me wrong. That's why i joined 6-speed, and that's why i hang.

Both my cars are slightly modded cosmetically.

Just a 100K on an older model IS is mind boggling to say the least.

And to all the people who reply by bashing my initial comment. Would you spend 100K on an older model IS? Try answering that question before you post.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:29 PM
AceRothstein415 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by c2gta
I might get flamed for saying this; and I usually don't criticize people, but that's the stupidest way you can spend 100K, especially in these trying economic times.

Even if this guy is a multi-millionaire and has money to blow, why in the world would you spend 100K to modify an automatic IS that is not even the current IS model?

Hopefully i meet this guy one day, so i understand how his mind works, or doesn't.

It's HIS money isn't it, he has the right to burn it if he pleases. Besides, have you driven it? I bet when you go WOT doesn't feel like a waste of money at all. I personally would pick a different car to build, but to each his own, I'm sure it's stupid fast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: David Huang's 1,000 HP Lexus IS