Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Official introduction Porsche Macan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Boxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the rough
HAHA! I LOVE car girls, especially Porsche girls, and I love that you've become the Macan authority on 6speed.

Yup, we do still have the 6speed base. I personally love them (I owned a 956 6spd). They're just fun in a "you don't see that every day" way.

Do you know what the Macan base will start at when it becomes available?

Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boxster_S_girl
HAHA! I LOVE car girls, especially Porsche girls, and I love that you've become the Macan authority on 6speed. Yup, we do still have the 6speed base. I personally love them (I owned a 956 6spd). They're just fun in a "you don't see that every day" way. Do you know what the Macan base will start at when it becomes available?
Haha over here in Europe people don't like manuals anymore, especially in those big cars. A manual here is as common as an automatic in the U.S. Everybody learns driving a manual when we're going for the driver's license.

Regarding the price if the base Macan... I have no idea. My guessing is that it will be about 7-10% more expensive than an equal Audi Q5 with the 2.0 turbo engine.
The Macan S will be 55000 Euro ($72k) in Germany and about 80000 Swiss francs ($87k) here in Switzerland... that's all I know for now.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 10-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Thats thats very good , tiptronic for example in cayenne is very very lazzy , you have to downshoft everytime to eleminate a little bit the turbo lag
Guess it depends on the engine. On my diesel, I wouldn't call it lazy at all. I would say it's even better than the 8 speed ZF than in my 5 series. Downshifts exactly when needed, crisp shifts, etc.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:17 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Wish that article was in english. Regardless, Macan looks a lot better than Q5!!! nice!

Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 AM
robbieracer will become famous soon enough
I'm excited to see more specs on this and the release at LA auto show!
Macan: Length - 182.2" Wheelbase - 110.5" Height - 63.9" Width - 75.7"

This may be Porsche's new #1 selling vehicle!

Last edited by robbieracer; 11-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:36 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Guess it depends on the engine. On my diesel, I wouldn't call it lazy at all. I would say it's even better than the 8 speed ZF than in my 5 series. Downshifts exactly when needed, crisp shifts, etc.

I have the old 957 turbo with 6speed tiptronic ,
new 958 has 8speed tiptronic which is a lot better and also diesel get the all the torque very early . petrol is another thing you have to push at high rpm

Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 AM
This is music to my ears...
The exhaust note of the Macan Turbo

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mac...pag/porsche_11

Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by robbieracer
This is music to my ears...
The exhaust note of the Macan Turbo

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mac...pag/porsche_11
That is an unreal sound from a cross over SUV. Too bad no crackles like the 911! I am curious to see if there will be a PSE option.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Snig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
That is an unreal sound from a cross over SUV. Too bad no crackles like the 911! I am curious to see if there will be a PSE option.
The Cayenne Turbo comes with PSE. So it's safe to assume the Macan Turbo will come with PSE as well.

Will definitely be a ~$2,950 upgrade for the Macan S, like it is for the Cayenne S.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Snig
The Cayenne Turbo comes with PSE. So it's safe to assume the Macan Turbo will come with PSE as well.

Will definitely be a ~$2,950 upgrade for the Macan S, like it is for the Cayenne S.
I don't believe this is correct, at least not in the US. The 958 Turbo does not come with the PSE, nor is it an option. The 958 S has an optional PSE and the GTS comes standard with it.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Snig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
I don't believe this is correct, at least not in the US. The 958 Turbo does not come with the PSE, nor is it an option. The 958 S has an optional PSE and the GTS comes standard with it.
That's surprising! Wonder why that is. I knew the GTS has the PSE standard and that on the S was an option. I was thinking it was tied into the turbo motors not having that option, but the 2014 Panamera S (best engine candidate for the Macan S) has the PSE has an option. I hope there are PSE options for both Macans. The exhaust note on the Turbo does sound pretty good so far.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Bill Reynolds is on a distinguished road
I think my wife needs one of these

Old 11-09-2013, 11:21 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds
so you can take it for a ride sometimes huh ?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds

I'm thinking the same thing. She really likes it and we'll probably compare to the BMW X4. Both should be at the dealers in the Spring. I think the Macan will be more car like handling and better suited for her needs. Plus, I can enjoy it from time to time too. We just had a loaner Cayenne and she really like that vehicle, although it's a little too big for us, the Macan should be perfect...

Old 11-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
judging from the pics, the hood seems to be a huge one piece unit integrating the headlights!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official introduction Porsche Macan