Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Official introduction Porsche Macan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Crea
judging from the pics, the hood seems to be a huge one piece unit integrating the headlights!
Yes that's indeed the fact. 918-style hood

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-11-2013, 07:53 AM
robbieracer will become famous soon enough
judging from the pics, the hood seems to be a huge one piece unit integrating the headlights!
You bring up an interesting point; I didn't notice this until you mentioned it. If you look at post #4 where they did the testing in LA and Dubai you can see the hood gap just inside of the headlights, but in post #7 there aren't any hood gaps except for possibly on the side of the vehicle. Since we know the LA and Dubai were confirmed images of the vehicle, I'd have to bet those are production hoods. The PICs in post #7 I don't believe were ever confirmed as the true vehicle and could be photo shopped...

Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Extreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura aboutExtreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura about
Not sure if this info has been posted here yet, but....

Specs are not bad at all, 0-62mph in the (barely) sub 5 second mark...

Old 11-12-2013, 03:10 AM
ArianneVannoy is on a distinguished road
The pics are just awesome.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Boxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the rough

Absolutely correct. The flip 918-style hood was confirmed a few weeks agoand is a HUGE selling point for me! LOL Early images had a pinstripe to mimicthe lines of a traditional hood but appeared too flat.

I know.. it's a novelty, but it's SOOOOOO cool!

Old 11-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Boxster_S_girl
Absolutely correct. The flip 918-style hood was confirmed a few weeks agoand is a HUGE selling point for me! LOL Early images had a pinstripe to mimicthe lines of a traditional hood but appeared too flat.

I know.. it's a novelty, but it's SOOOOOO cool!
It is cool but caveat emptor, cars with clamshell hoods like that are often more expensive to insure. The replacment cost of those hoods are often astronomical compared to separate hood, fenders, etc. Porsches (especially if they're turbos) are usually not cheap to insure anyway but that's something to keep in mind.

Does anyone know if that black area under the midpoint of both doors is prodcution? To my eyes, it doesn't look good. Otherwise, I do find myself liking this little rig.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Forse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Yes that's indeed the fact. 918-style hood

Suzy991 (iOS app)

I don't think the hood integrates the headlights - there are supposed to be cut outs in the hood for the headlights. Here is quote from Autoweek:

"One feature that immediately raises interest is the bonnet. It is a clamshell affair that features cut-outs for the headlamps and sides that wrap well down into the flanks below the top of the front wheel arches--similar to the Mini hatchback. It has been adopted to improve air flow within the engine bay, according to Woehler.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...#ixzz2kT871vae

Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Forse
I don't think the hood integrates the headlights - there are supposed to be cut outs in the hood for the headlights. Here is quote from Autoweek:

"One feature that immediately raises interest is the bonnet. It is a clamshell affair that features cut-outs for the headlamps and sides that wrap well down into the flanks below the top of the front wheel arches--similar to the Mini hatchback. It has been adopted to improve air flow within the engine bay, according to Woehler.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...#ixzz2kT871vae
Good find, looks like it is one large hood, but without integrated headlights. That would be an expensive piece to replace.
Looking forward to the release next week and more details...

Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
That's what I said 918-style....

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by Suzy991
That's what I said 918-style....

Suzy991 (iOS app)
Yes you did, you're just too good!...

Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Another video on the Porsche website doing some track testing at Weissach. At 50 seconds in there a good shot of the interior.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mac...pag/porsche_13

Old 11-13-2013, 09:54 AM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by robbieracer
Another video on the Porsche website doing some track testing at Weissach. At 50 seconds in there a good shot of the interior.

Like the song in the video! Attached is a blurry pic of that interior

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Macan Interior.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	300098  
Old 11-13-2013, 10:30 AM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by robbieracer

Thanks for posting. I hadn't checked the micro site yet today.

I love how the Macan has its own theme music. And I like the music itself.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Put down a deposit for a Macan S, but its not for me,its just to replace my family's last gen X5, finally talked my mom into getting rid of the X5 for it LOL

Can't wait to see more details! I can't believe I've already place an order down for two cars this year before its even fully revealed! one being the next gen cooper S for the gf and now the Macan!

Old 11-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
I remember when the Cayenne came out and many Porsche enthusiasts were upset that this sports car manufacturer would consider such a travesty! Now we welcome new models and expect the same level of success as the Cayenne. Beautiful SUV!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official introduction Porsche Macan