Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Ordering a Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:27 PM
redline C4s is on a distinguished road
Ordering a Turbo

Placing a order for a Macan Turbo and dont want to go crazy on the options and am curious on what others think are options to choose or stay away from.

Right now i spec'd a black turbo with these options:
Full leather, trailer hitch, roof rails black, window trim matte black, air suspension, sport chrono, 19" design wheels, seat ventilation, 3 zone climate control, smoking package, and heated carbon fiber steering wheel.

Im really curious if the 3 zone climate control is necessary as ill rarely have rear passengers and the car being small. I feel like rear heated seats would be nicer in winter time for passengers than seperate temp control?

Also i was told the roof rails can not be installed afterwards, is that true? I dont think i'd ever use them but the salesman was like you never know if you go canoeing or blah blah blah.

Excited to order the car and just dont want to leave anything out i may want.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:29 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
The older Cayenne's had slots that you could add roof rails after but with the latest version and the Macan no. I saw somewhere a dealer added them but they said never again. They had to remove the headliner and drill holes in the roof and install special reinforcements. Don't even think about it. I think roof rails are a must for a SUV. If you need to get something large that doesn't fit inside like long boards or who know what you can tie in on top. I might have bought a used Cayenne or even a new one but couldn't find one with Roof Rails and trailer hitch. I use my SUV for everything my 911 cant do well. The rails aren't that expensive and might help resale even if you never use them.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your opinion, i guess it doesn't really hurt to get them and I may actually need them at one point since it will be my only vehicle. Plus in matte black on a black car they don't seem to stick out, atleast from the pics I have seen.

Anyone know where to find details on the difference between the partial leather (standard on turbo) and full leather option. I know the difference in material but what areas receive the leather on the full leather upgrade?

Old 10-23-2014, 01:32 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by redline C4s
Anyone know where to find details on the difference between the partial leather (standard on turbo) and full leather option. I know the difference in material but what areas receive the leather on the full leather upgrade?
Here this may help:
http://rennlist.com/forums/991/774010-porsche-991-leather-interior-choices-explained.html

Old 10-24-2014, 12:47 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Roof rails cannot be retrofitted. I prefer the look without and would never use so left them off.

The 3 zone completes the look of the interior imo, but isn't necessary to cool the rear passengers. I've had my car since late May and thru the thick of the desert summer, my rear passengers never complained. That said, I wish I had added it since its a relatively inexpensive option, but I was led to believe there would be rear vents and deleted it. Oh well.

The full leather upgrade is a must have imo, as you'll get the smooth leather throughout the cabin. Plus, it just adds to the luxury.

I skipped the smoker package, as I use the center hole for my phone. While the cover does look better, many others have stated the space under it is useless.

The one you're missing that I would add is the comfort lighting package. LEDs through the interior for the nominal cost is very much worth it.

Also, I'm not sure how the cf steering wheel would look with the standard silver trim on the inside of the Macan?

Just my .02 worth.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I ordered roof rails for my Turbo just to break up all the white colour on the roof. My car was supposed to be finished today but got word it's been delayed 4 weeks.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:31 PM
thanks for the help, i think I'm going to skip the carbon fiber wheel, at first i thought you had to order it to get the heated steering wheel but it seems it standard with the all leather steering wheel as well.

I think I'll add the comfort led lighting package. Only item I'm still on the fence about is the all leather upgrade. I'm hoping to be able to test drive a turbo this week, and being inside the car should help me decide. Then hopefully placing the order for the car and receive it by end of january or february.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:32 PM
sealbeach1 is on a distinguished road
Burmester

Get the Burmester Audio system. It is so worth it.

David

Old 10-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by sealbeach1
Get the Burmester Audio system. It is so worth it.

David
I depends how old you are. My 74 year old ears could not tell the difference between the Bose and the Burmester. I did an A B C test on three cars at the dealer with same music on my USB stick. I could tell the difference between the standard and the Bose. I have no doubt the Burmester is better but for the few times my grand kids might stop talking long enough to listen I didn't need to spend the money. PTV and PDCC was more important.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:37 PM
sealbeach1 is on a distinguished road
I am 60 and I can still enjoy it.. As for the grandkids they just like it loud.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:17 PM
TripleL will become famous soon enough
Nice build and FWIW I agree with your choices to drop the carbon wheel as heated is standard on the Turbo and adding Comfort Lighting.

As for the Interior I'm happy with the partial leather, but the full leather is nice. I didn't read (or may have missed it) if you had selected an interior color or not yet? Some colors are only available in full so that 'may' help your decision process, but perhaps not your wallet

Old 11-04-2014, 09:57 PM
should be placing the order this week for a turbo. changed up my mind on a few options but i think i have decided on these options

Black turbo, black partial leather 18 way, 19" macan turbo wheels, sport chrono, ptv plus, sport exhaust w/ black tips, model designation delete, tow hitch, 3 zone climate, smoking package, front seat ventilation, black roof rails, matte black window trim.

hoping to get a 2nd set of wheels, 20 or 21" with summer tires.

only option i'm ify on is the pse. i like the sound but wish they were loud all the time unless you want it to be silenced.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:12 PM
picked up my Macan Turbo today, unfortunately in the rain so no good pics. Overall really happy so with the car. Hopefully I don't miss my 911 too much.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:57 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Congrats!

Old 04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. Time to "baby" your car for the next 2000 miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering a Turbo