Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

I have a very specific question about Air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:21 PM
drmike12 will become famous soon enoughdrmike12 will become famous soon enough
I have a very specific question about Air suspension

I have a 2016 Macan S on order and I know that I love PASM on my 2013 911 S. I can feel the difference when I turn PASM on and off. My question is will the air suspension decrease lean or body roll around turns? I like my cars to have as little roll as possible around turns. I will not be taking the Macan off road so I don't need to raise the ride height.
My options include:
Sapphire blue with black interior
Premium package plus
trailer hitch
Air suspension with PASM
19 inch Macan design wheels
Steering wheel heating
18 way seats
Bose
HD radio receiver
Smoking package

Old 04-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
The easy answer is yes, the air suspension also allows you to lower it some over stock. With PASM you will have almost no body lean but the air will help. Either is great for daily driving, aggressive driving the air will help a little. For track use, find a car, the brakes will give up very early.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:10 PM
drmike12 will become famous soon enoughdrmike12 will become famous soon enough
Thank you for the response. I'm not going to track the car. Just looking to improve the handling in daily driving and slightly more aggressive driving so that the car is not leaning in the corners. I like the car to stay pretty flat in the turns.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:19 AM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
For daily driving, the air will more smooth out the ride more than body roll, I can get extremely aggressive and with PASM get little to no body roll with out AS. Still not saying not to get it as lowering the car a little is nice.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:02 PM
09RedGTS is on a distinguished road
In my Cayenne GTS with AS & PASM, body roll was very minimal. It was amazingly flat cornering for a 5300 lb SUV, and I could hit it hard around corners from a stop with the AWD and 21" ers, even in the wet. I generally ran the AS in Lower mode and the PASM in Sport mode, unless the pavement was really rough. Loved it!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:39 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
I found it intresting that Porsche does not offer PDCC on the Macan. It makes a big difference on body roll on my Cayenne S. Either they thought it didn't need it or it was too complicated to add on the first model. Anybody know the answer?

Old 06-11-2015, 10:39 PM
MBSMD is on a distinguished road
I have a Macan Turbo (PASM and Air). I drive nearly full time in Sport Plus suspension mode and lowest chassis height. It's very tight in the corners. Love it.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I agree, I also have a Macan Turbo with PASM and Air. Normally am in Sport Plus and found on some twisty roads that body roll was almost negligible certainly far less than I expected.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:10 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold

Ditto....PASM & Air is a great thing

Old 06-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
I found it intresting that Porsche does not offer PDCC on the Macan. It makes a big difference on body roll on my Cayenne S. Either they thought it didn't need it or it was too complicated to add on the first model. Anybody know the answer?
Cayenne is much heavier vehicle than Macan. I don't recall the weight differences but I think it's a double digit percentage difference in terms of weight.

It doesn't mean that it can't benefit from PDCC but perhaps, not an immediate "concern" for Porsche for Macans. I would've added that option if it was available.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:57 AM
Goodwood is on a distinguished road
If you're so interested in flat cornering, I have to question your choice of 19" wheels.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:50 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Goodwood
If you're so interested in flat cornering, I have to question your choice of 19" wheels.
I see you flee the snow in winter. Since I live in MN and stay here for 90% of the winter I chose 19 inch tires. The work well in snow and corner fine as well. I have winter tires for my 997 but did not want to mess changing tires for both cars in the winter. I'm amazed at how well the Michlen latitude all season work.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
I did read on one of the euro pages they tested the pdcc but they didn't think it was incremental enough. I find that had to believe though, as most people loading that option would not be looking at the price as much as even a marginal improvement.

I think they will intro it on a turbo S Macan.