Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Any issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 07:15 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Any issues?

I've had my Macan since March and haven't had any issues at all with it. Solid build quality, engine is fantastic, and everything is just great. I was wondering if anyone else was having any issue with their new vehicles? Any campaigns yet at the dealers for updates/fixes?

Old 06-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I got my Turbo Macan in January and no issues whatsoever. Only update I'm aware of is to allow the cigarette lighter plug to remain live when car turned off so that the trickle charger can be used to maintain the battery when car not used for significant time. Supposed to take only 30 minutes for the update.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:16 AM
TripleL will become famous soon enough
I've had mine since May 2014 only issues were the minor alarm sensor and rear washer dribble if you even want to call those issues

Went for my first oil change last month and the did update the engine, transmission and PCM software as part of regular maintenance I guess.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Just over 9000 miles on my turbo and no problems at all

Old 07-12-2015, 11:25 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I too have had my Turbo since May 2014 and only the minor issues- rear washer dribble and the various open campaigns resolved. Haven't eclipsed 10k miles, but still loving the car.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:57 PM
sprinky911 is on a distinguished road
I've Had my 2015 for six weeks and 850 miles and also have the rear washer dribble! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the dribbles! Haven't figured out a pattern of cause or when yet! Other that we are loving it!

Old 07-18-2015, 01:48 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Had my since 4/15. I get random PSM failure while driving. I have to stop, turn off the ignition and it'll go away. It happened 2 x. Anyone with the same issue??

Old 07-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Have owned for over 1 year now and never a PSM issue. Did have the old man dribble issue until dealer replaced rear window nozzle under some campaign or another. Otherwise great car and does pretty much everything a Porsche sports car should and then some.

Fingers crossed the Mrs. let's me track her Porsche someday soon as I think it'll be a ton (err two) of fun

Old 07-31-2015, 08:28 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by awcayenne
Had my since 4/15. I get random PSM failure while driving. I have to stop, turn off the ignition and it'll go away. It happened 2 x. Anyone with the same issue??
Interesting you mention that. I have had the PSM error - it'll also ask me if I have switched tires. Many times when I try to check my tire pressure I get no data for the TPM. Seems to be working these days, but I have seen those errors.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:53 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sprinky911
I've Had my 2015 for six weeks and 850 miles and also have the rear washer dribble! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the dribbles! Haven't figured out a pattern of cause or when yet! Other that we are loving it!

Did they give you a prescription for Penicillin for the dribble??

Old 08-01-2015, 10:28 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
The PSM error hasn't return since. The car has 2500 miles. tires still new. hope it stays that way

Old 08-02-2015, 05:11 AM
jlee504 is on a distinguished road
so interesting, my issues came up over the summer and i'm wondering weather the heat had something to do with it.
my alarm goes off on 90+ degree days if its in the sun, its usually not but when it does.
my usb port in the armrest stopped working
my lane change lights in the side mirrors stopped working, the lane change sensors still work because the wheel vibrates and autocorrects

i've been too lazy to take it to the dealer but need to get it in

jeff

Old 09-03-2015, 06:27 PM
tjj7ff is on a distinguished road
Noise issues

I've had mine for two weeks. 554 miles on it. It's had a loud single pop noise that's coming from what sounds like the rear hatch. It happens when going over a dip or bump in the pavement or when making a sharp turn either right or left. Took it to the dealer. I was told it was coming from the brake pad on the passenger side and was due to over spray of the tire shine product and that it had been fixed. Picked it up, drove home and the first dip it made the same sound. It goes back next week.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Tjj, I had a noise I thought was coming from the rear breaks also, I did a experiment you may want to try, take the rear seat belts and lock them into the clip, I found the noise was the metal belt clip hitting the hard plastic everytime I took a turn or a dip.. Good luck

Old 09-07-2015, 07:34 PM
tjj7ff is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dilligaf
Tjj, I had a noise I thought was coming from the rear breaks also, I did a experiment you may want to try, take the rear seat belts and lock them into the clip, I found the noise was the metal belt clip hitting the hard plastic everytime I took a turn or a dip.. Good luck
That was part of where the noise was coming from...THANKS! There is still a noise coming from what sounds like the rear hatch door. Thanking it in tomorrow to see if they can figure it out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any issues?