Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

should a man be driving a Macan??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM
umbball is on a distinguished road
I'm 6'4, 220 pounds, and would say I'm a "man's man." As soon as I could afford it, I bought a 911 S cab and drove it for 3 years. Seriously loved every second of it. My first born boy came around, and my wife made me sell the car for something more practical. Now, I've been in the Macan S for a year. It's not a 911, but it is a great car. In sports mode it drives better than most sports cars on the road. It's fast, agile, and fits my son in the back and golf clubs in the trunk.
As soon as he is old enough, and doesn't need to sit in the car seat, I'll be upgrading to the 911 turbo.
In the last year of owning the Macan, I've never felt less of a man. No one has ever questioned my manlihood, my sex drive hasn't decreased, etc...
So yes, get the Macan, make your wife happy, and you'll be happy as well!

Old 10-11-2015, 11:26 AM
TripleL will become famous soon enough
I know there have been some websites that have mentioned gender in relation to the Macan based on a sound bite from an interview. So I thought I'd give reference to what Porsche's view was on their target market for the Macan via their press kit from before it was released.

As for target audience, Porsche sees two main groups. The first is younger and in their 30s or 40s, but without kids. The second demographic will be empty nesters. Each will be seeking to reward themselves with something that’s a cross between a sports car and a crossover.
Of course there are always exceptions, I'm one of them. I'm a guy who wanted to step up from a small sport sedan and needed some extra room to move my 14 year old, his gear and his friends etc and give up nothing. I got it.

Is it a sports car? Nope. Is it as good or better than most sports sedans out there? Yup.

For those guys that have a 911 and use the Macan in the winter or as a second car, props to you, cannot think of any better combo.

For those guys that are lucky enough to have just 1 nice car year round an have a need for a CUV, there is no substitute

Source: http://fourtitude.com/news/Industry_...s-differences/

Old 10-19-2015, 05:23 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Macan Turbo is an awesome CUV. I ordered one after a test drive. It's basically a better M3 with AWD and utility. I'm getting one to park next to my GT4 unless I can get a 911R

Old 10-19-2015, 09:56 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gtr
Macan Turbo is an awesome CUV. I ordered one after a test drive. It's basically a better M3 with AWD and utility. I'm getting one to park next to my GT4 unless I can get a 911R
What are you talking about specifically when you say the Macan is a better M3?

I'd track a M3 any day over a Macan. Macan is a suped up AWD wagon, which isn't a bad thing.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:21 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mark12345
What are you talking about specifically when you say the Macan is a better M3?

I'd track a M3 any day over a Macan. Macan is a suped up AWD wagon, which isn't a bad thing.
My M3 started with the E36 a car with some luxuries, great handling, daily drivable and great handling feel. In another words if you can only have one performance car that does everything, the M3 is the best during those times.

Fast forward to today...My F80 scrapes the front, terrible throttle modulation, poor traction due to insane torque, no steering feel and mediocre brake feel but ultra fast. The car had road noise and very digital and a ride quality worst than my R8. The car seems to be all about performance. The car kinda lost it's identity making it more like a Mustang or vette rather than a high end luxury and sports car that does everything. The Macan has better feel than the M3 and has more of the daily qualities minimize compromises. It really reminds me of the old M3 of today just like the old M3 is much slower on track but was always highly rated. Now as a SUV/CUV I feel the Macan will always be highly rated in it's class. The M3 of sport utilities.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:50 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gtr
My M3 started with the E36 a car with some luxuries, great handling, daily drivable and great handling feel. In another words if you can only have one performance car that does everything, the M3 is the best during those times.

Fast forward to today...My F80 scrapes the front, terrible throttle modulation, poor traction due to insane torque, no steering feel and mediocre brake feel but ultra fast. The car had road noise and very digital and a ride quality worst than my R8. The car seems to be all about performance. The car kinda lost it's identity making it more like a Mustang or vette rather than a high end luxury and sports car that does everything. The Macan has better feel than the M3 and has more of the daily qualities minimize compromises. It really reminds me of the old M3 of today just like the old M3 is much slower on track but was always highly rated. Now as a SUV/CUV I feel the Macan will always be highly rated in it's class. The M3 of sport utilities.
"The car seems to be all about performance" - I think that's what BMW had in mind for the F80. Its one of the ultimate expressions of a performance sedan. The F80 is not for everyone.

Same goes for the new Macan - its a great little CUV but not for everyone.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:27 AM
JustinCase is on a distinguished road
In response to the OP's original question, "Should a man be driving a Macan?" Only if his wife has given him permission.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all

Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 PM
higb987 is on a distinguished road
owned Caymans, 911 turbos, a panamera ... the Macan Turbo is the best chick car ive ever owned.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Bokchoys is on a distinguished road
Macan is an awesome small SUV. We got one since we had a kid. It was intended to be my wife's car. I wanted to get an SUV I'd want to drive since I'll end up driving it on the weekends.

Macan is definitely no replacement for a sports car if that's what you're looking for.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
some of the mindset and thoughts of you guys are really sad and pathetic. small ***** syndrome at its finest

Old 06-23-2016, 08:17 AM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Christian
some of the mindset and thoughts of you guys are really sad and pathetic. small ***** syndrome at its finest
All those Turbos you own have to be compensating for something...

Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porscheman33
All those Turbos you own have to be compensating for something...
whatever you say slick

Old 06-24-2016, 05:36 AM
titanflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
For just an instant I started to feel like maybe the "it's a chick car" group had a point. My intent is (was) to give my Macan GTS to my wife in a year when she is finished her lease on the kid mobile, but honestly, I can't imagine giving it up. I can do a LOT more things that I couldn't with a 911 or even a Panamera, so I will have to give it a lot of thought. I have kids and hobbies that require some space, so this works for me... and I just checked... no vagina.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 PM
HerMac is on a distinguished road
Should a man be driving a Macan S?......... Is a bull frog waterproof?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should a man be driving a Macan??