Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Macan Prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porscheman33
It's all a physiology game, if they act like you cant afford it then you will do anything to prove them wrong. Some dealers do judge a book by their cover though, I think its wrong. Personally I bring over my sales guy from VW when I go buy a Porsche or an Audi.
My father wanted the car, if it was me, I would have walked away and go visit another dealership. It's actually not the dealership, it's that one sales guy. The other guys I know and are usually pretty laid back. They usually just toss me the keys and tell me to return it whenever. My dealership is actually pretty cool. I get invites all the time to drive their cars. In fact, I just got an invite to drive the new 2017 991.2 on an autocross course. It's scheduled for Wednesday downtown at the Pepsi Center (for those familiar with Denver). All 3 time slots sucks, 8am to 10am, traffic in and out of downtown Denver is horrible in the morning. 10am to 12PM, lunch time rush, then 1pm to 3pm, after work rush hour. Wished they have it on the weekends but they always scheduled their drives on weekdays. They must think we are so rich that we don't have to work.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:58 PM
911BOY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cairo94507
I feel your pain. My wife and I are on our 11th Porsche. Every time I walk into a showroom I am treated like a peasant begging for a cup of coffee. These guys and gals are generally asshats. Of all of the cars I have bought, close to 40, Porsche dealers are the absolute worst. The best was an Acura dealership when I bought my NSX.
You havent bought any from the same person/dealership? Relationships...thats what its all about.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:00 PM
911BOY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LPpfs997
Has anyone seen a side-by-side test of a Macan S and a BMW x3 w/ a 335hp ?
I was surprised when I droves these two back-to-back. The x3 handled at least as well as the Macan S, maybe better since I felt it's ride was a bit more taut. The acceleration was just a bit off. I find it interesting that a search on-line doesn't show a comparison test by the major mags. The fit and finish of the Macan was definitively better; but $20k buys a lot of finishes. IMHO the 'fun to drive' rating is just a stupid term. Get the x3 in the twisties and watch it hold the tarmac.

Since I got an alternative the nameplate wasn't important, just the facts in the seat.

Try an x3 before throwing that money. A Macan will never be a 911. Just a medium height SUV.
I don't think there have been any comparisons because they are too different....not a fair fight. AWD systems and transmissions are entirely different.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:38 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kbobk
Last Saturday we bought a 2017 grey macan s w/ premium plus and 911 wheels. Msrp was $66,880. Got exactly 10% off. So $60k plus tt&l.
That's actually a good deal you got! I just leased a 2017 Macan S with a $68,500 MSRP....they knocked off $3,000 from the price and on a 15K mile, 39 month lease with no cap cost reduction, my payments are just under $1,000. It's still high, I know, but it's a business lease and I am within our budget so I'm fine with it.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:05 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
AutoMag Review

Automobile Mag. had a comparison in the April 2016 : (used the x4 - blah)

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/po...porsche-macan/

After having a Cayenne for few days I'd say that the market for these mid-utes is the cushion crowd. Though the big Porsche is good it's ride is just too compliant for me. On corners my x3 handles well the Porsche's lean is pronounced.

My 911 needed a part and the Porsche dealer nicely provided a near new loaner.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 AM
HerMac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911BOY
I don't think there have been any comparisons because they are too different....not a fair fight. AWD systems and transmissions are entirely different.
We have a 2014 X3.... Totally different is correct. However either is a great choice. There is nothing negative about an X3. It is a beautifully built and performing SUV.
Anyway Got 8% off the Mac and an acceptable trade as per my offer.

Last edited by HerMac; 08-15-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:59 PM
HerMac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ynot
There are no discounts when I went with my father to get one a couple of months ago. The sales guy told us if don't buy it, someone else will in a week. My father end up writing a check for about $70K for an 'S' model. When I got home and think about it. I should had told the sales guy to 'fock off'. I know there are no discounts for the Macan but his arrogance really bothered me when I think about it.
The biggest kick in the groin would have been to ask for a different sales person and buy it from them.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Narbie99 is an unknown quantity at this point
For the SoCal guys, what is your % off MSRP you have gotten?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:40 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I don't buy new Porsches often enough that the same people still work at the dealership. I walk in the door and ask for someone I have dealt with in the past and am told they now work at MBZ, BMW, etc.

Also, in the SF Bay Area, we have no shortage of Porsche dealerships to shop. As managers change, pricing also changes. In the past year I negotiated 3 new Audi cars, one of which was for me. Got good deals on all 3 - but had to play hardball, but ended up with 10% or a bit more off on all 3 from 2 different dealerships.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Enchanted is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LPpfs997
Has anyone seen a side-by-side test of a Macan S and a BMW x3 w/ a 335hp ?
I was surprised when I droves these two back-to-back. The x3 handled at least as well as the Macan S, maybe better since I felt it's ride was a bit more taut. The acceleration was just a bit off. I find it interesting that a search on-line doesn't show a comparison test by the major mags. The fit and finish of the Macan was definitively better; but $20k buys a lot of finishes. ...snip

Since I got an alternative the nameplate wasn't important, just the facts in the seat.

Try an x3 before throwing that money. A Macan will never be a 911. Just a medium height SUV.
I currently own a 2009 911 carrera cab, purchased new. (My previous 2 vehicles purchased new were a 2005 and 2008 boxster) I can't tell you the anxiety I am having because I am going to trade my 911. While living by myself a two-seater was sufficient. Now I am closer to family and to appease them I have been looking at different vehicles. I have driven the x3 but felt like I was riding in a high chair and the feel just wasn't there. I drove the mercedes amg gle43 coupe and it was very nice, but... ( the one I drove was 80k) . I have even driven some BMW 535i sedans . They don't ring my bell either. Then I have driven the macan S and I know I am buying down (it is being touted as the entry into Porsche) and no car will replace my car, which BTW is a stick ( I am a bit of a purist) regardless the macan has a nice seat and it kicks. I can get a 2017 S pretty much tricked out for about 67k. I don't see a need for a GTS or turbo because it would make me miss my 911. Financially it doesn't make sense to keep the 911 because it is just me.

If anyone can give me more advice on the macan I would appreciate it.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:19 AM
redline C4s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Enchanted
I currently own a 2009 911 carrera cab, purchased new. (My previous 2 vehicles purchased new were a 2005 and 2008 boxster) I can't tell you the anxiety I am having because I am going to trade my 911. While living by myself a two-seater was sufficient. Now I am closer to family and to appease them I have been looking at different vehicles. I have driven the x3 but felt like I was riding in a high chair and the feel just wasn't there. I drove the mercedes amg gle43 coupe and it was very nice, but... ( the one I drove was 80k) . I have even driven some BMW 535i sedans . They don't ring my bell either. Then I have driven the macan S and I know I am buying down (it is being touted as the entry into Porsche) and no car will replace my car, which BTW is a stick ( I am a bit of a purist) regardless the macan has a nice seat and it kicks. I can get a 2017 S pretty much tricked out for about 67k. I don't see a need for a GTS or turbo because it would make me miss my 911. Financially it doesn't make sense to keep the 911 because it is just me.

If anyone can give me more advice on the macan I would appreciate it.
Personally I don't think you will miss your 911 anymore or less based on what model you get. The macan is such a fun car to drive regardless of power, but if anything I think you'll miss your 911 the most if you get an S. When I test drove the S it was good enough for me to go ahead and order a Turbo. When I actually got to drive my Turbo though my expectations were exceeded compared to my initial thoughts from driving an S and what to expect for the Turbo. For me the Turbo model really brings the Macan to life and showcases what the car is capable of. It may impress you to the point that you forget that you even owned a 911 as you'll be smiling and enjoying how fun a car it is.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Mark's997T will become famous soon enoughMark's997T will become famous soon enough
This is a an interesting discussion and I appreciate the feedback offered above. I definitely will be in the market for a Macan come Fall and would love to get a Turbo/GTS though if I can find a S that I like I'll look into it. I am looking at used though to save a little more money. I have a 997.1 TT manual that I'm keeping. I wonder if the used Macan market is staying steady or is there room for movement?

Old 03-17-2017, 10:40 PM
plantagenet is on a distinguished road
looking at car gurus there are a lot of these cars coming available and this will only accelerate as we approach the end of this year as the first cars start to come off there 3 year leases.

Macan S prices seem to be artificially forced around very high 40s to low 50s. However if you look at private sales then significantly better optioned cars with less miles are around the mid 40s mark and still not sold after being listed for 3 or more months. I honestly think prices for these low optioned S that are on the market should be high 30 to low 40s. Early turbos are also dropping into the high 50s and new Mancans sit in the low 50 to high 40s.

Bearing in mind that some of thes Macan S you see listed were 58 to 62 new and will be approaching 3 years old by the end of the year with mid 20s to mid 40s mileage on them I think a depreciation range of 40 to 50% isn't un reasonable to expect. This would put Macan prices at low 40s to high 30s for well equipped ones and low 30s for the rest. This would certainly line up with what Cayenne prices have done with a 2014 Cayenne S with 28k miles and a new sticker price of 82k sitting at 45 today.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:54 PM
JohnAMG will become famous soon enough
I am in the market for a Macan Turbo with performance package. The MSRP came to around $105K, sapphire blue with black/red leather interior. What kind discount can I get or should I ask?

John

Old 04-20-2017, 06:37 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JohnAMG
I am in the market for a Macan Turbo with performance package. The MSRP came to around $105K, sapphire blue with black/red leather interior. What kind discount can I get or should I ask?

John
Build sounds superb. In my area they seem to be offering $10k off Macan Turbos (autotrader listings). Could maybe get a bit more by negotiating,
That's with lot cars. Not sure about ordered cars.

Is your car on lot?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Macan Prices