Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Macan Prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 10:40 AM
emanfish is on a distinguished road
Macan Prices

Wife is looking hard at a Macan S. What time of discount should I see in the Midwest?

Old 10-26-2015, 08:16 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I hope by now we are seeing some kind of discounts on these. MY wife is also looking at a Macan. I think these are holding firm price-wise. I will probably look for a used Macan Turbo with less than 10K on it so I can avoid dropping $90K. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:22 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
As long as every Macan built is sold for the next 10 to 12 months (depending on the country allocation) I think the discounts will remain low.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
There are no discounts when I went with my father to get one a couple of months ago. The sales guy told us if don't buy it, someone else will in a week. My father end up writing a check for about $70K for an 'S' model. When I got home and think about it. I should had told the sales guy to 'fock off'. I know there are no discounts for the Macan but his arrogance really bothered me when I think about it.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:50 PM
deddie is on a distinguished road
What makes you think they owe you a discount? Supply and demand.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Not sure if it was arrogance, but I was not there to see how he said it, he was stating the truth which does hurt at times, truth is not always arrogance.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dilligaf
Not sure if it was arrogance, but I was not there to see how he said it, he was stating the truth which does hurt at times, truth is not always arrogance.
Understood, it's his tone, I can handle honesty. I know going in, we are not getting any discounts. My father was going in to order one but they had one on the floor that he liked. This is my normal dealership so I know the people well. He acted like we can't afford it, he went with my father and I on our test drive. This is the first time anyone at this dealership went with us on a test drive. This is the same dealership that offer two day test drives for a 911S, Cayman S, Boxster S, and Jaguar F-type which all had a much higher MSRP than this Macan. Maybe it's the sales guy that I am not happy with. I guess when you are selling $100K plus cars all day. $70K car doesn't mean ****.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:40 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
He acted like we can't afford it, he went with my father and I on our test drive. This is the first time anyone at this dealership went with us on a test drive.
I love this and feel your pain. Happens to me and my wife ALL THE TIME. Walked into one dealer wearing our shorts and t-shirt weekend clothes. Looked at a TT Cab for about 20 minutes before even one came up to us and then when they did barely gave us the time of day and wouldn't even offer a test drive. "The battery is not charged and we can't take it out of the showroom right now"

Next day bought my TT from another dealer. Got to love the stereo types and wealth profiling.

Enjoy the Macan.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:47 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone seen a side-by-side test of a Macan S and a BMW x3 w/ a 335hp ?
I was surprised when I droves these two back-to-back. The x3 handled at least as well as the Macan S, maybe better since I felt it's ride was a bit more taut. The acceleration was just a bit off. I find it interesting that a search on-line doesn't show a comparison test by the major mags. The fit and finish of the Macan was definitively better; but $20k buys a lot of finishes. IMHO the 'fun to drive' rating is just a stupid term. Get the x3 in the twisties and watch it hold the tarmac.

Since I got an alternative the nameplate wasn't important, just the facts in the seat.

Try an x3 before throwing that money. A Macan will never be a 911. Just a medium height SUV.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Would be a interesting comparison although you would need compair a base macan to the best X3 to keep it close which may be why the comparison has never been done.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:47 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I feel your pain. My wife and I are on our 11th Porsche. Every time I walk into a showroom I am treated like a peasant begging for a cup of coffee. These guys and gals are generally asshats. Of all of the cars I have bought, close to 40, Porsche dealers are the absolute worst. The best was an Acura dealership when I bought my NSX.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:06 PM
kbobk is on a distinguished road
Last Saturday we bought a 2017 grey macan s w/ premium plus and 911 wheels. Msrp was $66,880. Got exactly 10% off. So $60k plus tt&l.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by cairo94507
I feel your pain. My wife and I are on our 11th Porsche. Every time I walk into a showroom I am treated like a peasant begging for a cup of coffee. These guys and gals are generally asshats. Of all of the cars I have bought, close to 40, Porsche dealers are the absolute worst. The best was an Acura dealership when I bought my NSX.
Those Japanese dealerships sure knows how to threat their customers. The best experience I've ever had was at a Lexus dealership. Unfortunately for them, they don't build any cars I'd like to own.

Originally Posted by kbobk
Last Saturday we bought a 2017 grey macan s w/ premium plus and 911 wheels. Msrp was $66,880. Got exactly 10% off. So $60k plus tt&l.
That is good deal. Maybe the Macan isn't in demand like it was.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:15 AM
kbobk is on a distinguished road
Maybe I am a good negotiator. Got 8.5% off when I bought my cayenne a few years ago. Got 25% off my ford super duty last year. Just gotta know some of the tactics. Dealerships need to move cars. They rarely will turn away a sale. Never buy on impulse or emotion. And never negotiate at the dealership. Pick from what is on the lot and buy the last week of the month.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ynot
Those Japanese dealerships sure knows how to threat their customers. The best experience I've ever had was at a Lexus dealership. Unfortunately for them, they don't build any cars I'd like to own.

That is good deal. Maybe the Macan isn't in demand like it was.
It's all a physiology game, if they act like you cant afford it then you will do anything to prove them wrong. Some dealers do judge a book by their cover though, I think its wrong. Personally I bring over my sales guy from VW when I go buy a Porsche or an Audi.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Macan Prices