Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

My 2016 Macan problems...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:22 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
My 2016 Macan problems...anyone else?

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had similar problems with their Macans. I recently (2 months ago) purchased a 2016 Macan S (new). I have owned several porsches from a 944, to 996 GT3, Gen 1 Cayenne Turbo, 2011 Cayenne S, 964 RSA, and soon to be a Cayman GTB1 car so I am a huge huge Porsche fanatic (family has owned several others). I was pretty excited to trade my Cayenne S in for the new Macan as it was a perfect daily driver for me. Fast forward about 3 weeks and 1800 miles into ownership (I drive a lot) and my first check engine light issue started. I was sitting in traffic and I got a check engine light that said "Engine control unit failure" "Reduce Power" and an "Ok to drive". I drove it to the shop thinking it was some silly ECU issue that they would just reflash. They thought the same thing, flashed the ECU and I went on my way. Five minutes later the same issue popped up and back I went to the dealer (who btw has been great to deal with throughout the process).

This time the car sat at the shop for roughly three weeks. They tried several repairs that never fixed the problem. I received a call early last week that said they had narrowed the problem to a slit in the pipe leading to the wastegate that was not allowing the car to hold boost. Simple enough I figured so I got the car back last Tuesday and only drove it a few miles without issue. On Wednesday morning, I get on the highway and while accelerating the same problem happened. Same check engine light, same reduce power issue and back to the shop it went. Still no idea what is causing the problem and as of today the car has been in the shop more than I have driven it. My dealer has been nothing but good to me throughout, and its naturally not their fault, but I am pretty bummed about the whole Macan experience thus far. It is an amazing car, handles great, looks great, quick enough and I love everything about it, but figured id see if anyone else on the forum has had similar issues.

If the car stays in the shop much longer ill be working with the dealer on trading me out of it and into a Macan GTS (it was released right after I bought mine). Hoping the GTS gives me less problems.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Sorry to hear about all the problems. I have been lucky so far and not seen this problem. I had some small things but this is the first I have heard of your problem. Good luck and keep us informed of the outcome.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I've had my Turbo for 11 months with no warranty items other than software upgrades.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:32 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I have experienced the same issues with other brands, not any of the P-cars I have owned. You are on the right track though. Look up lemon laws in your state and talk to the dealership if the problem persists. In my experience, though the lemon laws applied in 2 situations I had, I never had to push the issue. The manufacturer did the right thing and bought the car back 100%, even paying me for any and all modifications I had done, registration, taxes, etc., and put me in a new car of my choice both times. They preferred to handle it like that than have the bad lemon law return on record against them. I love the GTS Macan BTW. Good luck

Old 12-06-2015, 09:51 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
EVERY manufacture has problems. However, I'd say that Porsche has fair well lately.
GM, Ford, Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, Toyota and Honda are getting crushed with recalls.
It's equivalent to the automotive life...

Old 12-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I've had my S for over a year, zero problems.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:48 AM
TripleL will become famous soon enough
What did the dealer report back to you? I know from other forums that message has happened to a couple of people but there were different resolutions each time.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:48 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Sorry I am not on the forum much. I got the car back after a little over 30 days in the shop. Not 30 business days which trigger lemon laws here. The car has ran fine since I got it back a few weeks ago. They had Porsche apparently re-configure the entire ecu. Essentially not a "flash", but instead rewrote the ecu and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Hopefully this is the last of the problems. Any more grief and I will be trading in for the GTS though. It is an awesome car, and outside these mechanical issues, I love the car all around.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:18 PM
KM45 is on a distinguished road
Macan S Engine Failure

I have a brand new Macan S I just bought less than three months ago, with all the trimming and after-market add-ons, I spent close to 100 grand, and already I have experienced 3 engine failures, twice when I am stopped at a red light, and once in slow-moving traffic in Lincoln Tunnel on my way into NYC. I grounded the tunnel traffic to a complete stop and had to restart my car again. Fortunately the car behind me kept a 3-car length distance so we avoided an underwater accident that could've severely impacted NYC traffic for God knows how long. Has anyone experienced this issue with a Macan S? I had a Porsche when I was a younger and this unreliable engine performance is no unbelievable to me especially since I paid a premium for the driving experience and the engine performance. I took it to the dealership and they said all specs check out and if they don't experience it first-hand they can't do anything about it, which sounds ridiculous. All it takes is one time for me and my family to get hurt, three times in three months is three times too many as far as I am concerned, but they are denying accountability because they didn't experience the same problem in the two occasions they drove it. I'm very frustrated at this point and just want my money back. Anyone with similar experience?

Old 07-20-2016, 04:31 PM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
wife's 15 macan s was flawless until a few weeks agowhen it suddenly showed a tire was low. however, tire gage showed pressure to be perfect as did the individual pressures on the idiot light. then on startup is started showing all 4 tires low. then showed rf flat. Then went back to low. Taking it in Saturday AM to find out. I wish I could turn that crap completely off.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:22 AM
Uliss is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 15 Macan, and everything is fine. There was a time when I heard some rattling, turns out, I managed to hit the exhaust pipe somewhere and it cracked. That was the ONLY problem I had.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:01 PM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
found out why I had the tpms lights. Gage was set for full load and I had tires inflated for standard load. hence...low tire light. Too many toys on new cars now.