Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Wheels for my new Macan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 12:20 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Wheels for my new Macan

I've decided to order a new 2017 Macan Turbo Performance Package. I was pretty surprised at how much a loaded car priced out at. With most of the bells and whistles, it ran out to $121,000. Not convinced I can make sense of that number. I will probably start pairing back.

My only struggle is the wheels. I really don't like any of the available options. I'm thinking of going with 21" HRE P101 Monoblok's. Would love to see pictures of different wheels on the Macan

Old 09-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
I'd wait for the Turbo S... I tried to build the Turbo Performance Pac online and it was making no sense...

Old 09-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
and I'm like 95% sure you can just get a Turbo and do an ECU tune on it and It'll be the same.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:56 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porscheman33
I'd wait for the Turbo S... I tried to build the Turbo Performance Pac online and it was making no sense...
In what way was it making no sense? Personally (and from a little birdie) I believe that this is the new Turbo S. No Idea why they didn't call it that.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:05 PM
and I'm like 95% sure you can just get a Turbo and do an ECU tune on it and It'll be the same.
Not the case. There are several other differences including suspension and brakes. My understanding is the Performance Package will sound and handle like the GTS, but with 80 more hp. Plus I'm sure the guys at Cobb and GIAC will pump out a 500hp tune in short order.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Why not just get the GTS with a tune from GIAC? If GIAC makes stage two with a pulley of some sort, bye bye Performance pac.

121k and no one will ever bat an eye that you paid that much for it. When I went online it was like "Turbo appearance pack" like 5 or 7k, the GTS style interior was like 5k again. Stupid stuff like that. It's a more expensive Turbo it should already have the styling of a turbo. and at the end of the day it's not going to Turbo S on the back...

Old 09-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Why not just get the GTS with a tune from GIAC? If GIAC makes stage two with a pulley of some sort, bye bye Performance pac.

121k and no one will ever bat an eye that you paid that much for it. When I went online it was like "Turbo appearance pack" like 5 or 7k, the GTS style interior was like 5k again. Stupid stuff like that. It's a more expensive Turbo it should already have the styling of a turbo. and at the end of the day it's not going to Turbo S on the back...
All good points! I certainly agree that is should have been called Turbo S. The way they did it makes no sense. As to the tune, like I said, there will be a tune for the PP car as well which should put HP above 500. Anyway, I've made my decision and I'm sticking with it

Back to my question, would love to see a few 21" wheel combinations on a Macan.

Last edited by CPIGUY; 09-03-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:51 PM
500 HP would be amazing, but one last thing maybe you know because I don't. Is there anything different engine wise other than the ECU. Could it be that this Turbo Performance just has the same but a more beefy version of the "regular" turbo's ECU? There for making the new one have very limited gain in an after market tune doing that the ECU is already tuned to the max?

Very limited people with Macan's over here. Maybe try the ****'s on the Macan forum. Tell them I said "Hi" They love me

Old 09-03-2016, 09:36 PM
500 HP would be amazing, but one last thing maybe you know because I don't. Is there anything different engine wise other than the ECU. Could it be that this Turbo Performance just has the same but a more beefy version of the "regular" turbo's ECU? There for making the new one have very limited gain in an after market tune doing that the ECU is already tuned to the max?

Very limited people with Macan's over here. Maybe try the ****'s on the Macan forum. Tell them I said "Hi" They love me
****'s?

Old 09-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Yup, Grim is the biggest one and he has all little followers.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:41 PM
HerMac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
****'s?
Inappropriate word. Grim is more of a chest pounding, attention getting, control artist...not with a chip on his shoulder.... a cinder block. He is also known as a "The Doochebag". He tends to be an irritating ToughGuy/BigShot. I never let anyone bother me...especially on a forum...but this guy did. I completely withdrew my name. Some of the members there seem to be very intimidated with The DBag.

Yup, Grim is the biggest one and he has all little followers.
His little followers.....The Doochettes.

Last edited by HerMac; 09-06-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:15 AM
redline C4s is on a distinguished road
Ya, they suck over there.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:35 AM
redline C4s is on a distinguished road
These vorsteiner wheels look nice...

Old 10-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
I've decided to order a new 2017 Macan Turbo Performance Package. I was pretty surprised at how much a loaded car priced out at. With most of the bells and whistles, it ran out to $121,000. Not convinced I can make sense of that number. I will probably start pairing back.

My only struggle is the wheels. I really don't like any of the available options. I'm thinking of going with 21" HRE P101 Monoblok's. Would love to see pictures of different wheels on the Macan
The P101 would look amazing on the Macan! Which finish would you be interested in? We can make a rendering for you.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:34 PM
HerMac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by redline C4s
These vorsteiner wheels look nice...

Looking real good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels for my new Macan