Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Macan GTS CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 03:49 PM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HerMac
Did you mean Sportier? Some more unnecessary options. Better I don't think so. Define better. I get better gas mileage, better price on brake replacement (smaller than GTS). The S is less expensive. Insurance is cheaper. Sport exhaust..who needs it. Does the S interior look entry level?
Seriously..what you like is the best...and better. But say a GTS is better than a Macan S is inaccurate.
Yeah sportier and interior wise it's noticeably nicer. The steering wheel center is leather with stamped lettering. As well as leather center console with nice quality stitching. I've never driven a non GTS cayenne or a GTS macan. The air suspension alone is worth the difference is price for a comparably equipped model. There a couple thousand apart, that's it

Old 01-15-2017, 04:14 PM
HerMac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Yeah sportier and interior wise it's noticeably nicer. The steering wheel center is leather with stamped lettering. As well as leather center console with nice quality stitching. I've never driven a non GTS cayenne or a GTS macan. The air suspension alone is worth the difference is price for a comparably equipped model. There a couple thousand apart, that's it

Can we settle for slightly sportier. You say you never driven an S. There is nothing negative about it. Nothing. And to compare without driving one is unfair to "review/compare". A few thousand apart? Substantially over $13,000 is not a few thousand apart. And it not $13,000 better or nicer. But like I said I would buy the GTS for myself just because....But I'm not disappointed with a loaded up S.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Can we settle for slightly sportier. You say you never driven an S. There is nothing negative about it. Nothing. And to compare without driving one is unfair to "review/compare". A few thousand apart? Substantially over $13,000 is not a few thousand apart. And it not $13,000 better or nicer. But like I said I would buy the GTS for myself just because....But I'm not disappointed with a loaded up S.
We own a 2016 macan S so I know it very well. My daily driver is a 16 cayenne GTS and I appreciate the sportiness more. My wife's 16 macan s fairy well equipped case about 5 thousand less than a similarly equipped GTS. For that price difference I would have gotten the GTS had it been out at the time of purchase. The adjustable air suspension is awesome. Had a cayenne S as a loaner for a couple days and the air suspension comfort mode is more comfortable than the springs. My wife's macan has a spring suspension which is pretty good but I'd take the air suspension any day.

I haven't driven a macan GTS but have seen the interior and the differences in noted we're nice interior wise. It's not much but it is noticeable.
Many reviewers have said the macan GTS is the best bang for the buck and the difference in price is not much

Last edited by jtorrebl; 01-15-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:58 PM
We own a 2016 macan S so I know it very well. My daily driver is a 16 cayenne GTS and I appreciate the sportiness more. My wife's 16 macan s fairy well equipped case about 5 thousand less than a similarly equipped GTS. For that price difference I would have gotten the GTS had it been out at the time of purchase. The adjustable air suspension is awesome. Had a cayenne S as a loaner for a couple days and the air suspension comfort mode is more comfortable than the springs. My wife's macan has a spring suspension which is pretty good but I'd take the air suspension any day.

I haven't driven a macan GTS but have seen the interior and the differences in noted we're nice interior wise. It's not much but it is noticeable.
Many reviewers have said the macan GTS is the best bang for the buck and the difference in price is not much
To each his own. Thanks for the chat.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Personally I've owned several GTS's across the various Porsche models, the S's and the Turbos.

I would always choose to buy new over used. That is just a personal preference thing.

If the scenario changed and if I were to choose between a new Macan S and a new Macan GTS... I would still choose the S. I get that the GTS looks better and but the sportier ride and the change in suspension dynamics (especially the rebound rate) makes the ride uncomfortable for me on long commutes. I commute 45 miles one way and my cars get driven. I spend a lot of seat time in my cars and I've owned almost every itineration Porsche (Boxster, Caymen, 911, Cayenne, Panamera) and the various different lines it produces (S, GTS , Turbo) but the different GTS's I've owned has always been misses for me other then the looks department.

So my purchases now come down to... Do I buy a S or do I buy a lower spec Turbo.

To each its own and to say the GTS is better would be gross overstatement in my opinion. It's a matter of taste more then anything.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Fkim011
To each its own and to say the GTS is better would be gross overstatement in my opinion. It's a matter of taste more then anything.
Nice post. I was going to bail out on my last reply however I'm still speechless with the reply the GTS is better. If the GTS is better what is the Turbo?... BetterSquared, Double Better. Better Better.

Last edited by HerMac; 01-16-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:16 PM
Nice post. I was going to bail out on my last reply however I'm still speechless with the reply the GTS is better. If the GTS is better what is the Turbo?... BetterSquared, Double Better. Better Better.
yeah!

Last edited by jtorrebl; 01-17-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:15 AM
yeah!
yeah baby. Macan S, GTS, Turbo. To have a Macan is to be at a nice level of ownership. Any model. (I not would buy the 4cyl as I like power.) Of course everyone should get the one they like and can afford. Pre-owned, used, borrowed, stolen, your mother-in-laws..whatever. I ended up with a Macan because the Lexus dealer was obnoxious enough to encourage us to leave. We looked at a Lexus. Price/trade was way below the belt. I say to my wife on the way out lets look at a Macan. (I really wanted an SQ5.) We had/have Audi's but the Mac looked real sharp so we test drove, liked & priced it... we moved on it. Braking is lacking. The fit and finish is not great but can live with it. We'll see how it goes. To be continued.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Digit3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hijack as this is only slightly off-topic but can anybody explain how CPO works on a low mile current model year Macan? If say I'm looking at a '17 Macan with 5k miles that is CPO, would my warranty length be extended (time and mileage) beyond the factory warranty? I'm a hair confused by Porsche's language and haven't asked at a dealer.
In term, the CPO Limited Warranty is a total of 2 years or up to 50,000 miles from the mileage on the odometer at the time of retail used delivery not to exceed a total of 100,000 miles/160,000 KM.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:14 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I believe CPO extends the factory warranty 2 years, I can't recall if that caps at 100K or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.