Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Maserati's hardcore GranTurism MC Stradale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Maserati's hardcore GranTurism MC Stradale

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/252856/

Maserati will launch this hardcore version of the GranTurismo S at the Paris motor show. Called the GranTurismo MC Stradale, it will become the fastest, lightest and most powerful car in Maserati’srange, drawing its inspiration from the Trofeo GranTurismo MC and GT4 race cars.

Maserati says the car is in response to customer demands for a road-going GranTurismo that’s also suitable for track use. It incorporates “handling and aerodynamic lessons learned from Maserati’s three racing programmes”.

See the official pics of the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale

The MC Stradale is based on the GranTurismo S and gets a 444bhp version of that car’s 4.7-litre V8, up from the S’s 433bhp. Its top speed will break the 300km/h (186mph) barrier; the S maxes out at 295km/h (183mph). The S’s six-speed robotised manual gearbox is retained.

Maserati has not yet quoted a 0-62mph figure for the MC Stradale, but expect the car’s reduced weight and extra power over the S to help it achieve a time of around 4.5sec. The S gets to the same speed in 4.9sec. Despite the extra power, Maserati claims the MC Stradale’s fuel consumption is identical to the S’s.

Some muscular styling upgrades have been applied to the MC Stradale. Its revised front end includes a more pronounced grille and deeper bumper, while new side skirts also contribute to the car’s lower, more sporting stance. New lightweight alloy wheels feature, too.

Read Autocar's first drive of the Maserati GranTurismo S

At the rear, the MC Stradale gets a new bumper and diffuser design in the style of the Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Like that car, its twin central exhausts are mounted at the top of the diffuser. All the styling changes help to reduce aerodynamic drag and improve downforce.

Maserati says tweaks to the GranTurismo S’s chassis have also been made to improve the car’s agility and to produce “razor-sharp handling” without compromising ride quality.

The MC Stradale will be launched in the UK next spring. It will cost about £105,000, which is around 20 per cent higher than the S’s list price.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
wow! looks awesome.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colt45
wow! looks awesome.
Rear looks good, not sure I'm feeling the front bumper. The S looks a lot cleaner and nicer, IMHO. How much weight loss, 'cause the power bump is minimal.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 AM
armaniwang07 is on a distinguished road
i want one so bad! give to me for free! i wish, i win mega millions lotto anyday!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
I like the looks alot and the performance numbers will surely be nothing to sneeze at.

I know Maserati and Ferrari share common genes, but wondering why they chose to call this a Stradale when this designation was reserved for the Challenge Stradale.
Will there be a Maserati Scuderia version in the future as well?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
I'm picturing that in Bordeaux Pontevecchio with lighter coloured wheels. A lot better visage than white.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
d-dot is on a distinguished road
very aggressive

Old 10-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
why do they keep making them with so little power