Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Maserati building an SUV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Maserati building an SUV

Seems as they are going to come out with an SUV in 2013, based on the new Jeep Grand Cherokee.

A Maserati SUV.. Never thought I'd see that.
It could be a cool car though and help bring more buyers to the brand. Thumbs up from me!

Old 11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Will this be based strictly on the same modified MB ML platform, with a Ferrari-based powertrain, or???

I'm curious for a few reasons. Seems like Jeep has finally got a GrandCherokee that is quite a package (esp w/the V-8 Hemi). It would be interesting to see what Maserati would do with it besides the obvious powertrain implant. They probably want a cut of the Cayenne buyers.

I'm hearing Jeep has an SRT-8 variant coming, and that anyday they should be offering a 8-speed ZF tranny too.

So anyway, Maserati's execution of this will be interesting to see.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 11-26-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Will this be based strictly on the same modified MB ML platform, with a Ferrari-based powertrain, or???

I'm curious for a few reasons. Seems like Jeep has finally got a GrandCherokee that is quite a package (esp w/the V-8 Hemi). It would be interesting to see what Maserati would do with it besides the obvious powertrain implant. They probably want a cut of the Cayenne buyers.

I'm hearing Jeep has an SRT-8 variant coming, and that anyday they should be offering a 8-speed ZF tranny too.

So anyway, Maserati's execution of this will be interesting to see.
I wouldn't be surprised though if the new SRT-8 doesn't, or barely outperforms the current SRT-8... the new Jeep gained a a lot of weight and the new 6.4 is apparently only going to be in the range of 470hp or so.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:12 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Surfer
I wouldn't be surprised though if the new SRT-8 doesn't, or barely outperforms the current SRT-8... the new Jeep gained a a lot of weight and the new 6.4 is apparently only going to be in the range of 470hp or so.
I'm not expecting any performance gains with that either, but it will still be stout. Of course, adding a supercharger would trump that substantially. What would really be the bomb is the 4.7 Maserati engine with the Novitec Tridente supercharger kit from the Maserati GranTurismo w/600hp... hehehe

Old 11-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
The rumour says it will be using a Ferrari V8.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
ASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the rough
I'm interested to see this

I'm looking to buy my next car in 2012, so this could be an interesting option for me

-AJ

Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
does maserati have a relationship to license the chasis from jeep? where are you hearing this from?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:58 PM
ASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by djantlive
does maserati have a relationship to license the chasis from jeep? where are you hearing this from?
was thinking the same thing, but everything can be done for a price I guess

-AJ

Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
LOL the quattroporte is a boat, let alone this SUV they are contemplating to make!

Old 11-30-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't mind a boat with a nice engine for a DD in fact, that is exactly what I'm looking for

-AJ

Old 12-04-2010, 10:29 PM
SVTxTERM1NATOR is on a distinguished road
Hopefully they do a good job, this should be interesting. lol

Old 01-26-2011, 04:40 AM
11' AW M3 is on a distinguished road
anymore info on this???

Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
That is not a bad idea, don't know about where you are but here in Colorado, there are more SUV's than cars.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Coreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really nice
Originally Posted by djantlive
Maserati is owned by Fiat who hold a major shares in The Chrysler Group who owns Jeep. They're like stepbrothers, Maserati and Jeep lol.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/11/business/11fiat.html