Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Why are Maserati's so cheap used?

Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 AM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
Why are Maserati's so cheap used?

I've been looking for luxury sport sedans for my wife, now leaning towards an M3, but just for goofs looked on-line at AM's and Maser's at <50k, was shocked to see QP's as new as 2010 with <10k miles going for 35-45k. These cars are still under warranty. Are the maintenance and repair costs on these cars so expensive that the used value drops this much? Are that that unreliable? Seems too good to be true.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
maint is abt same as a ferrari. reliability is equally poor compared to german and japanese cars. that's why. it's been improved greatly in the last 4 years. however, the depreciation curve hasn't changed.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 AM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
I had a 750Li which ended up being a complete lemon so had I known that I would have gotten the quattroporte that I wanted which was cheaper and probably would have had the same problems if not les...

with that being said I didnt get it because of maseratis knownness(not a real word oh well) that they will be unreliable and expensive to maintain and fix...

Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
swtdds has a spectacular aura aboutswtdds has a spectacular aura about
You can't find 2010 QP's for 35-45k. Maybe a 2006. More in the price range of 75+. I purchased a 2009 QP S, fully loaded with 6k miles, CPO, sticker of 150k, about 6 months ago for 84k. I had been looking for over a year and that was the best price I could find for exactly what I wanted.
If there is a 2010 for 35-45k...too good to be true! Good luck.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Sil 'n Ex is on a distinguished road
^ Agreed.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 AM
BlueWorld is on a distinguished road
Agree with you, Also most of the luxuries cars are cheap to buy when you want to sell them

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
It seems like Maserati's have always had teRRible resale value. When I first started seeing the newly (and nicely) style units, I thought to myself... it would still be a bad investment due to their past re$ale history.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
I agree the QP is known for having a bad resale value however I think the newer model Granturismo's will hold there values much better moving forward.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
I have a 2005 Coupe GT and bought because they are such screaming deals. The Cambo transmission cars require frequent clutch work. I did my research and ended up getting the GT because it has a true manual gear box. I just love the car. You can say what you about reliabilty but my Italian cars has gone more miles than my 2 german cars with very little issues. I am about done with the Germans. When they break you have to deal with it was your fault and we never build anything wrong we are German attitiude. One car was replaced and that was nto easy the other
had a blown motor at 5K and we had to go to court to work it out. They ended up fixing but I have bought my last German car. If you do you homework and by a well sorted out car you will be fine. When I got mine I had all the fluids changed at a Ind not the dealer. It was $800 and my buddy was giving me a hard time. The car has almost $300 in just motor oil it. I told him call his Lexus dealer and get a quote for a full fluids change. He did. $1200! I rest my case. It is all relative. In 20K I have changed the oil a few time and needed to replace a failing Cat that should have been covered under warranty but thats another story. Instead I added silenced cat delete. The sound is just amazing.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:40 AM
huy
huy will become famous soon enough
if you want to save a pretty penny on maintenance, get one with a traditional automatic by ZF. the Cambiocorsa and Manual are expensive to maintain...

Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
How is the manual expensive to mat? 30K miles and not a penny spent. Yes the Cambo looks like 10K and a rebuild. I own nothing but manual cars and have never had to replace a clutch or have any issue. Well ok the 76 Blazer 4x4 needed a clutch but it had 200K on it when I got it. I am not easy on my cars but do not abuse them either. No smoking burn outs and max RPM speed shifts except the first time then only if absolutely required. She does like to get sideways and drift. I looked at a Lambo the other day that was for sale. 6 Speed car with 10K and just need a clutch.
When you went over the car that told the whole story. Nimrod owned and used. You can see it was just beat. 4k and dump the clutch can be fun but you are going to break something fast and your clutch is going to be short lived.