Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Quattroporte Ownership for the common man?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:51 PM
LJH
LJH is on a distinguished road
Quattroporte Ownership for the common man?

Hello All,
I have a question. In the next 12-18 months we will be replacing our weekend car. I am a long time Audi driver (20+ years) and our current Audi is a '04 S4 and have owned 3 S4's (C4, B5,B6) plus a gaggle of other Audi's including a '84 Ur-q, all of which have has some tuning done to them. We are a family of decent means, but nothing crazy, but I am also frugal which means I do 99% of the maintenance and repairs on our cars myself. I had always though our next car would be a B7 RS4 but I have always thought that the QP was a very pretty car with a great motor so I have been looking at them and see that they are on par, price wise, with the RS4. Our two past S4's accumulated approximately 8K miles a year and 85% of that is on the highway, the QP would be accumulate less mileage because I just do not see it being a good car to bring to VT for skiing and we use the Audi every other weekend during the winter to head North. With all that said would buying a mid '00 QP just be stupid? I tend to keep a car till 100K miles, would a QP stand the test of time?

Obviously I am in no rush but I wonder if I should even consider a QP as a weekend car or stick to my plan of a RS4.

Cheers,
Jim