Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

HRE wheels options for my GTS

Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 PM
rzundel will become famous soon enough
HRE wheels options for my GTS

Looking for some input. I am looking to install some new HRE wheels on my GTS. I have narrowed down to the P44SC or P47SC design. HRE was kind enough to render them on my car. My second choice to make is color. Both options below are in satin black. Also looking at gloss black, gloss charcoal and brushed . Would like your opinions on both wheel style and color. I do have red calipers. I do plan to lower the car a bit with springs.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Maserati HRE P44SC.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	244906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Maserati HRE P47SC.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	244907  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by SpeedwareMotorsports
I would go with the P44 - the car looks a little odd on the low spoke-count wheel.
For color, I think something like a gloss charcoal would look nice, or perhaps a bronze?
Thanks for your input. Looks like you are a credible subject matter expert. What would you think about gloss black as an alternative? I kind of feel the GT deserves a gloss finish.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 AM
My only worry with doing gloss black on a black car is that the wheels lose visual impact. On a different color they would look good, but I think you want a little contrast to bring your eye to the wheel so it isn't just lost in the car. If you prefer a dark color, I think the charcoal would be nice. If you are set on black wheels, I would push for the matte finish, since it gives a different look, so you still get the contrast from the body. I agree that a gloss finish looks a little nicer though and would go well with the car.
Points all well taken. Sounds like your first recommendation is gloss charcoal, correct? Are there any other colors I should consider? What would you do?

Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 AM
The bronze in a nice look. Hmmm. Probably would stick with Charcoal because it ties together better with other pieces on the car. I have one more question that I would like your opinion on. I am trying to decide between two rear sizes. I am going with 21" F&R. Front will be a 21x9 with a 255/30/21. Rear I can go either 21x11 with a 305/30/21 or a 21x12.5 with a 355/25/21. I kind of like the wider rear for a more aggressive stance. Thoughts?

Old 05-29-2013, 07:40 PM
TAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the rough
Definitely go with the P44s, they look great. I would recommend going with a different color though, a black or dark charcoal wheel ends up looking smaller than it is, because the wheel becomes blurred with the tire.

I prefer a lighter or bright wheel on a dark colored car.

A red stripe matched to the caliper may give that pop and distinguish where the tire ends and the wheel begins.

Heres a pic to show what im talking about

Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2013, 09:35 PM
The wider tire will fill out the car a bit more and give more contact for acceleration and cornering. Really, the only reason to go with the narrower tire would be cost (wide tires get expensive).
Please don't do the "tuner" stripe on the wheels. It might look ok on a S2000, but on a Maserati it is just a bad idea ->

Great input. I wonder what size wheels/tires on the Mansory addition? I am going with a 355/25/21 rear. It will be on a 21x13 wheel. I agree with you on the pinstripe wheel. I don't care for that look. Charcoal is my color. Thank for all your help.

Last edited by rzundel; 05-30-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Here's a couple renderings of both wheel options in charcoal. What looks best?

Attached Images   
Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Shoot for HRE P47...

Old 05-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels
Shoot for HRE P47...
So you work at HRE? Why the P47SC's? Love to hear your opinion.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rzundel
So you work at HRE? Why the P47SC's? Love to hear your opinion.
Purely personal choice bias both wheels look good but it's something about that split 5-spoke design that gives the GTS a classy look...