Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Daily Driving a GranTurismo ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
JAB6SPD is on a distinguished road
Daily Driving a GranTurismo ?

Hi all,
I'm the proud owner of a 2014 Midnight Opal GTR and looking for something to maybe take its place as far as a daily driver! Looking for something a little more exotic and classy, not to mention comfortable. I've always been a fan of the Granturismos but the Maserati name has always scared me off!

A 2013 with low miles can be found for right under 100k in auction and just over 100k from a dealer. So price wise its a no brainier considering the amount they are new!!! However i have heard horror story's from owners that had the first generation models.

Things that scare me,
Whats maintenance like on the 2013+ Models?
Is it a reliable Daily Driver?
Can i realistically plan to drive 13-15K miles a year in this car without loosing an arm and leg in price of up keep?

There is a dealer very close to me so that's no problem, just don't want to be in debt and out of a car because its always in the shop!

Old 08-22-2014, 07:31 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JAB6SPD
Hi all,
I'm the proud owner of a 2014 Midnight Opal GTR and looking for something to maybe take its place as far as a daily driver! Looking for something a little more exotic and classy, not to mention comfortable. I've always been a fan of the Granturismos but the Maserati name has always scared me off!

A 2013 with low miles can be found for right under 100k in auction and just over 100k from a dealer. So price wise its a no brainier considering the amount they are new!!! However i have heard horror story's from owners that had the first generation models.

Things that scare me,
Whats maintenance like on the 2013+ Models?
Is it a reliable Daily Driver?
Can i realistically plan to drive 13-15K miles a year in this car without loosing an arm and leg in price of up keep?

There is a dealer very close to me so that's no problem, just don't want to be in debt and out of a car because its always in the shop!
Drive the GTR daily, I have a few friends who put that kind of mileage on them and they are great, spend the 100k on something really special---AM, Fer etc.... The Maser maybe look at a GranTurismo and get something low mileage like a 11' or 12' that still is in warranty and ask about an extended warranty too. Drive that daily if you want. Plenty of people do it, and there are many out there with 80k plus miles. They have their quirks and a mind of their own, but you would love it for sure. Maintenance is 1k per year typically and 2-3k every 2 years without anything major happening. Just an idea, hope this helps.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:17 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
I daily drive mine.

I have a 14 conv and could but be happier. Awesome car, awesome car. Not the fastest, but it made me realize how Silly driving fast on the street is.

It's plenty fasT btw, just high rpm fast.

I have 4k miles on it and it's been the most reliable car I've ever owned. It is a very special car that feels very exotic, but it's still very usable.

People respond to it very favourably. They love the look and sound, but don't treat you like your must be an ***, like a lanbo wOuld.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:42 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
My buddy (actually his wife) drives her 2009 GT S daily for the past 4 years. No major issues other than brakes, tires, typical maintenance items. A few glitches with the seat electronics and such, but nothing major. I think they have put 30+k miles on it over the 4 years. Its been a very reliable car for them. Their experience has made me consider Maserati but I may be looking for something more sporty. Fun car to drive and excellent everyday driver. Smooth, plenty quick for the street and sounds amazing. I have considered buying it since they are now looking for a new car and it has been great for them.