Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

2014 Quattroporte S Q4 OBD port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 11:36 AM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
2014 Quattroporte S Q4 OBD port

I recently traded in my Porsche Panamera Turbo for the QP. I'm enjoying the new car. I need to hardware my Valentine 1 radar detector. One option seems to be using the Valentine 1 Savvy adapter that plugs into the OBD port. Can anyone tell me where the OBD port is located?

Old 12-07-2014, 07:18 AM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
I took a closer look this morning. The OBD port was easy to find. It was on the lower dash on the left hand side of the car. No cover, so easy access.

Here are some pics of the new QP.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Maserati_1.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	409303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Maserati_2.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	409304  
Old 01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
TT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats ! Beautiful car.
Do you like it better than the Panamera ?

Old 01-20-2015, 08:30 PM
wem
Thanks. I really enjoyed the Panamera Turbo. On paper it was much faster than the QP. However, the QP is much more engaging. The QP handles like a much smaller car even though it is bigger than the Panamera. The exhaust note of the QP is addictive. Most of the time I drive in Sport mode and use the paddles to shift gears. I had a Subaru driver follow me on the interstate for 10 miles and then pull up next to me to give a big thumbs up. I am happy with the change.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:07 AM
TT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to behold
Great to read.
I am contemplating getting in to a new V8 QP and have read so much stories on maserati life about fit and finish I am a little worried.

I really like your color btw.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:47 PM
wem
I am super picky about fit and finish. I have traded in cars in the past because of squeaks and low quality workmanship. While any car regardless of the manufacturer can have issues, I can accept the presence of a problem if the dealership is willing to listen to me and fix the issue. My Mercedes dealer could not do that and I no longer do any business with the local dealership. My Porsche, Aston Martin, and Maserati dealers go out of their way to ensure that things are fixed to my satisfaction. So far I have not had any fit and finish issues with the Maserati. As you probably read on the Maseratilife or Ghibli forums there are some electrical gremlins that crop up in the cold weather. None have presented any problems with the operation of the car. It is amazing how much gets erased from your list of concerns, once you start the car and hear the exhaust. Even the V6 engine is a masterpiece which is a relief to me since I need the all wheel drive option in the Northeast. I can only imagine how much more intoxicating the V8 QP sounds.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Thanks, this is most helpful !!

Old 03-09-2015, 11:12 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wem
I am super picky about fit and finish. I have traded in cars in the past because of squeaks and low quality workmanship. While any car regardless of the manufacturer can have issues, I can accept the presence of a problem if the dealership is willing to listen to me and fix the issue. My Mercedes dealer could not do that and I no longer do any business with the local dealership. My Porsche, Aston Martin, and Maserati dealers go out of their way to ensure that things are fixed to my satisfaction. So far I have not had any fit and finish issues with the Maserati. As you probably read on the Maseratilife or Ghibli forums there are some electrical gremlins that crop up in the cold weather. None have presented any problems with the operation of the car. It is amazing how much gets erased from your list of concerns, once you start the car and hear the exhaust. Even the V6 engine is a masterpiece which is a relief to me since I need the all wheel drive option in the Northeast. I can only imagine how much more intoxicating the V8 QP sounds.
I can tell you since I have a gts and my neighbor has a v6. Your car is louder at startup and cruising and sounds better. The v8 sounds good only when pushed hard, and only on the outside. From the inside its uninspiring in all conditions, at least to my ears.