**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim**

Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is on a distinguished road
For this black Mercedes ML350 diesel, I vinyl wrapped the rear chrome bumper trim pieces with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish vinyl. The owner of this car has actually brought in his car before for me to black out the other chrome pieces that were on the car before (ski racks, front bumper, window trim, etc), but we went with gloss black for those other parts. This time around, we went with the carbon to give it some contrast and do something a little different. The owner of this car was in Irvine and brought the car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Hopefully this will give you guys some ideas on other possible parts on a car that can be wrapped. If you have any questions, feel free to ask/let me know.

Before:

Note - top left small piece is still chrome, but the top right small piece is wrapped, to show the difference.

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 04-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor
I previously blacked out the window trim and tinted the red portion of the tail lights on this BMW E61 5 series wagon. This time he came back to have me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I did the entire roof and the small top section of the rear spoiler, following the lines of the roof. The owner of this car was from Newport and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. This was a big roof to do, and I haven’t done many wagons, so this will help other wagon owners get an idea of how it looks like on such a long car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 04-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor
I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on this black Lexus IS sedan. This car had window visors installed on the windows, but I was able to work around them without any issues. The owner of this car had me go with gloss black for the chrome window trim, so that it’d blend in with the car more. They drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. There wasn’t much chrome on the car to begin with, so blacking out the chrome window trim changed the look of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 04-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor
I get a lot of requests for pictures of interiors, so here was a BMW E90 335 sedan that I wrapped over the factory wood interior with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl finish. I don’t typically get a chance to take pictures of the installed/finish product in the car, because most people’s interiors that I do are non-local and they just ship me their interior pieces for me to wrap.

However, the owner of this car was local to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County and came by to have me remove his interior trim pieces and also wrap them. Overall the results turned out fantastic and the owner of this car was extremely happy with the results. The cool thing about the dinoc finish is that it has a good feel and texture to it as well, so it doesn’t make the wrapped pieces feel cheap or weird in any way.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
For this black Lexus GS350 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the chrome/brushed aluminum trim around his windows, rear chrome trunk bar and front chrome grill surround in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black over matte black to have the trim pieces blend in with the rest of the black paint better. The owner of this car was from Orange County as well and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work. Getting rid of all of the chrome really cleans up the lines of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
On this white Mercedes Benz E350 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car with my gloss black vinyl and also blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with the same gloss black finish. I had some requests to post pictures of cars with roof spoilers that were left white, so here’s an example of a car that had the roof vinyl wrapped gloss black but left the roof spoiler body colored. In addition the the chrome around the window trim, I also blacked out the rear trunk chrome bar. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Former Vendor
Most of the pictures of interiors that I’ve wrapped and posted in the past were of the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. However, the owner of this BMW E46 3 series had me vinyl wrap the interior on his car in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. The 1080 gloss carbon is more black versus the dinoc matte carbon which is more of a grayish finish. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the work done. I thought the way this finish turned out on the interior went well with the car.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor
The owner of this blue E92 M3 has had me do several of his cars in the past before as well. This time he brought me his car to have me lightly smoke/tint the tail lights on his car. Sorry for the before/during pictures, the lighting wasn’t as good, but hopefully you can see how the tail lights look like in the after pictures. The owner of this car was around Newport Beach are and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the tint work done. It’s a fairly light shade, which gives it a very factory look.

Before:

Driver/left side stock - passenger/right side tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor
I did quite a bit of work on this white Mercedes Benz C class C250 coupe. The owner of the car had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition the window trim, I also lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights and blacked out the center lower portion of the front bumper in gloss black as well. Even though the car was still relatively stock, these small subtle changes still changed the look of the car quite a bit, without making it look overly modified. It’s as if it could have come from the factory this way. I believe the owner of this car was from Riverside and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this black BMW 3 series E92 coupe had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum on his window trim in my matte black vinyl. We went with matte black over gloss black on his car to give it some contrast. Blacking out the chrome makes a big difference, especially on a black car that doesn’t have any other chrome accents on it. If anything, the only other thing I would have blacked out as well would have been the amber reflectors in the front bumper. The owner of this car drove out from Los Angeles to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this alpine white BMW E92 M3 sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The black roof really completely changes the look of the car, as you can see in the before/after pictures. The vinyl gets tucked in every where along the roof, rails, and antenna, during the installation. This makes sure that the roof holds longer over time and to the elements. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 07-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor
I’ve had requests from people to post some more pictures of interiors that I’ve done. This is on a BMW F10 5 series sedan that originally had brushed aluminum/silver trim accents in the car. The interior trim on this car is different than most other cars, since the interior trim pieces have an edging around the trim pieces, which you can see that I left unwrapped in the pictures. Also, most interiors I’ve done in the past were with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material, however, the owner of this car wanted me a finish that was slightly glossier and blacker, so we went with with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to his interior trim, I also did his rear bumper diffuser piece in the same material. The owner of this car was from Pomona and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 08-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
Typically people have me lightly tint/smoke their tail lights with my film, but the owner of this white Audi A4 sedan had me light smoke/tint his head lights instead. The tint is actually fairly light, so it doesn’t affect the light output from the head lights onto the road by any significant amount. I’ve done this for several cars in the past, and most owners have reported to me that the light output was fairly the same or any light output difference was fairly insignificant from their perspective in the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. In addition, having the film on the headlights will protect it from rock chips and also fading/hazing that typically happens to head lights over time.

Before:

Passenger left side - stock :: Driver/right side - Tinted/smoked

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Former Vendor
The owner of this Silver Lexus IS350 sedan was actually from norcal and came out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. After I had wrapped the roof, he had me do the rear trunk spoiler as well, so that’s why in the first set of pictures the trunk spoiler is still body colored and not wrapped yet. I think the black trunk spoiler went well with the gloss black roof and complimented it fairly nicely.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 08-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor
For those who are keep track, I may be making my last norcal trip for the year either the first or second week of September. I haven’t finalized it, but once I do, I’ll make an official thread for it. However, those who e-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me ahead of time will get priority registration for setting up appointment times with me.

The owner of this brand new white Mercedes Benz E250 sedan had me wrap his roof in my gloss black vinyl material and also black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim in the same finish to match. I would have also done the rear trunk bar chrome piece to match, but the owner of this car wanted to leave it I believe. The black roof and blacked out window trim sets it off from the other E classes on the road, but without making it look too modified. It’s a very factory look, in my opinion.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim**