McLaren MP4-12C, SLR, F1, P1, P13

Fabspeed Gets another 650s!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Fabspeed Gets another 650s!

With people starting to take delivery of their McLaren 650s cars, it was only a matter of time before they started wanting more power, more sound, etc. As many people know, Fabspeed was the first to release an MP412C exhaust (almost 3 years ago!), so it made sense for customers to contact us to do the same on their 650s'. So far I have shipped a few systems to customers domestically as well as internationally, however this will be the first one we have done in house! We will be doing baseline dyno runs next week, the exhaust is already fabricated and ready to install, and I will be updating this thread as the job unfolds.

The car we had sent in is spec'd almost perfectly in my opinion. The new Tarocco Orange color is stunning in person, the interior is full alcantara with contrast stitching and piping and lots of carbon fiber! The only thing I would have changed is maybe adding the racing seats, these are really comfortable though. My impression of the car in stock trim is that it's noticeably faster than its predecessor, it also feels a lot more refined in almost every aspect over the dozen or so 12c's I've driven of various model years. I think the styling changes are a huge improvement; the headlights and front bumper are perfect (I wish they could have done the clear markers like the Euro cars), the HS back bumper is a really nice touch, this car had nickel or polished calipers which contrast the orange body really nicely, the only thing I don't love are the taillights... but they never did anything for me on the MP412c either.

on to the pictures! And stay tuned for updates.

Dyno:
Blue line is stock
red line is Fabspeed Sport Cats and X-Pipe
green line is Cat Bypass pipes and x-pipe

And I will have a video up this week. Here is a quick one someone got at the open house with the cat bypass pipes

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 10-21-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:49 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
Did you ever get a chance to do the dyno runs?

Old 10-20-2014, 01:12 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by David@Fabspeed
So far I have shipped a few systems to customers domestically as well as internationally, however this will be the first one we have done in house! We will be doing baseline dyno runs next week, the exhaust is already fabricated and ready to install, and I will be updating this thread as the job unfolds.
Just out of curiosity….how did you develop the exhaust system without having done one in-house?

BTW that color combo is HOT!!

Originally Posted by bluesun
x2…I'd love to know if McLaren is underrating these things in stock form.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bluesun
LOTS! I will post them all in a minute

Originally Posted by dubaudi
Just out of curiosity….how did you develop the exhaust system without having done one in-house?
We have a great relationship with a few dealers who help us on occasion!

BTW that color combo is HOT!!
Agreed, and in person, it's incredible.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor
original post updated with dyno and video!

Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 AM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
We have a great relationship with a few dealers who help us on occasion!
Still doesn't explain how you can develop the exhaust, test fit it, etc…but ok, I'll accept that vague explanation lol

Sounds great though…and love the flames.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor
Still doesn't explain how you can develop the exhaust, test fit it, etc…but ok, I'll accept that vague explanation lol
ok, after comparing parts diagrams and part numbers, as well as speaking to a few close dealer friends I concluded that the cat part of the system is interchangeable with the 12c. I had a customer in California that was willing to test fit it for me, basically a day after he got his installed a repeat client of mine texted me and said his 650 was en route to my shop (which is the orange car)

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 10-23-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
ok, after comparing parts diagrams and part numbers, as well as speaking to a few close dealer friends I concluded that the cat part of the system is interchangeable with the 12c. I had a customer in California that was willing to test fit it for me, basically a day after he got his installed a repeat client of mine texted me and said his 650 was en route to my shop (which is the orange car)
How come you don't post pics of the exhaust installed? We'll love to see the fitment...

Old 10-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LeoLambo
How come you don't post pics of the exhaust installed? We'll love to see the fitment...
There isn't much to see, the factory heatshields are re-installed once complete which is nice since they will appear OEM still. I will dig some up thought and post them for you guys!

Old 10-31-2014, 02:42 PM
SpencerBerke is on a distinguished road
WOW.

That thing sounds AND looks great. Nice! Would love to see some video of it on the street.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SpencerBerke
WOW.

That thing sounds AND looks great. Nice! Would love to see some video of it on the street.
here ya' go!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:57 PM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
Absolutely stunning in that color & LOVE LOVE the interior with orange piping & lots of alcantera/carbon!
Drooling over here!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.