McLaren MP4-12C, SLR, F1, P1, P13

Mclaren 570S Agency Power Carbon Fiber GT wing write up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Mclaren 570S Agency Power Carbon Fiber GT wing write up

The body style of the McLaren 570s was quite the change from the 12C and 650s giving it a more futuristic look. I remember seeing the tour car at McLaren San Francisco when I was getting my McLaren 12C thinking, “that thing is insane!” What I did love about the 12C was the active aero rear wing that only a super car would have. With the addition of the Vorsteiner Carbon Wing Blade, the 12C was dialed. When I got the 570s, I was in love with all its styling but felt like it was missing something. Its like putting a 991 Carrera and a 991 GT3 side by side, that rear wing really makes it look meaner. With the 570s aftermarket aero parts just starting to come out from companies like Vorsteiner, Novitec, and others, we wanted to take a chance on developing something fitting for the 570s. There were a couple of one offs I had seen on Instagram from companies and then there was the factory McLaren 570 GT4 wing which is unobtanium. So with that inspiration, we set out to use our in-house R&D department.

There are a couple of key things you need to make the rear spoiler look right on the car and be functional. The first and main component is the wing blade. Making a new carbon fiber air foil from scratch is pretty difficult. For years we have worked with APR Performance and their carbon fiber components. Their GTC 300 carbon wings are the perfect size and style to flow with the McLaren 570s body. Available in a 61 inch and 67 inch width, we opted for the 61 inch to be tight and flow well on the rear fenders. The full carbon fiber wing is extremely light weight and APR manufactures the mounting positions to be exactly where we need them. With the carbon fiber weave a match to the factory McLaren carbon, this was perfect! Since the look of the McLaren 570 GT4 is so on point, that was our target look. Unfortunately, there is no option to not trim or cut if you want to add a wing. So we opted for the side pieces that are on either side of the engine cover. This would allow you to affordably replace if you messed something up or decided to revert back at a later date. In designing the uprights, we wanted to make something to be very rigid to be secure at speeds of 200 mph. We have actually seen one vendor that just bolted the wing to the rear decklid! This would be flimsy and not appropriate to such a well designed vehicle. Utilizing our engineering department, solidworks, and 3D printing, we came up with what we think is the BEST rear spoiler kit for the McLaren 570s.

The first part of the wing kit is an aluminum bracket that replaces the factory black bracket under the decklid. This new bracket mimics the factory piece including mounting points for the stock decklid fitment while incorporating mounting positions for the new uprights. The brackets design allows for easy access to install the uprights to each side which helps reinforce the strength of the entire wing. Comparatively, high end spoilers like the Novitec, have long mounting positions that go all the way down to the frame rail. The Novitec rear spoiler is an excellent piece of equipment. For our prototype, we 3D printed uprights to get the position of the wing and test its function. Suprisingly, the 3D printed design held up extremely well even going 80 mph on the highway! The new uprights are designed to offer adjustability in the wings rake to change the downforce if desire. The holes allow for up to 15 total adjustments where each hole is 3 degrees. In addition, the wing uprights can be extended upwards to change the height of the wing 1.75 inches from its lowest position. After testing our prototype setup, we then produced the uprights in aluminum which features beveled edges and a matte black powdercoat. To finish off the complete package, we took the carbon fiber end plates and styled them to be similar to the GT4 all with beautiful allen head stainless steel hardware. The complete kit comes in at an affordable price of $3795.

In addition to the rear wing upgrade, we also got a new set of street wheels and tires. With the McLaren now lowered on the Agency Power Springs, the car definitely needed something that was more flush! We went with the new Zito ZF01 Flow Forme wheels in a 19×9 +30mm and 20×12 +30mm finished in gloss black. Keeping the stock 19/20 setup, we went with a wider tire to help with traction from the increase of power by the VR Tuned ECU Flash and Armytrix race pipes. The fronts are a 235/35/19 and the rears are a 305/30/20 Pirelli PZero tires. We decided to finish off the look with some Pirelli Tire Stickers. The ZF01 wheels are 15% lighter than their ZS line and comparable to a BBS flow forged weight. The load rating on these Zito Wheels is 860kg per wheel and never crack! Most companies make their flow forged focused on weight at 600kg load rating which results in cracking easily. As Zito states, “I’d rather have my wheels 1-2lbs heavier and strong then to have customers calling about wheels breaking.” We agree!

Old 03-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Kinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a big "add a spoiler" person but I've got to say, I like this. Right size and good lines that go well with the car.
Love the wheels too!! Well modded 570.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kinetic
I'm not a big "add a spoiler" person but I've got to say, I like this. Right size and good lines that go well with the car.
Love the wheels too!! Well modded 570.
Thank you!! 570s without wings just look naked to me now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.